Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers (IDW)

Recommended Posts

I just skipped to the end of Escalation. Only part I really wanted to read.....

  • Replies 980
  • Views 63.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why Transformers Timelines (Beast Wars Prequel) is listed as Vol. 2, #1? What was Vol. 1?

 

 

Probably Timelines #1 from Botcon 2005, the one that has Deathsaurus (RiD Meg/Galv mold with new head) and his shenanigins after the Greatwar is over but before the Beast Wars begins.

 

I don't know if it got a non-botcon release.

 

Thanks. Does anyone know how to get a copy of the Botcon Timelines issue? I didn't see anything come up on ebay.

SPOILERS Escalation #1

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Read it. Liked it.

 

Strong start, both storywise and from E.J. His rendition of Optimus has to be one of the best to date. Nice to see Simon continue with the bold moves of either removing major players like Starscream, Cybertron, Thunderwing, etc. from the picture for a while, or killing them off altogether.

 

My main complaint, though, is that the blurbs and previews of variant covers that came out before this issues release allowed the plot here to be too easily deciphered and took a lot out of the shock value out of the story. It was already pretty much determined across the TF boards that Hunter and Sunstreaker were going to buy the farm, based on the soliciations for future issues, and on Klaus' cover with Verity crying over a yellow metal Sunstreaker plate with Jimmy Pink looking on.

 

Seriously, reconsider how future solicitations are worded and make sure that nothing crucial to an issue is so easily garnered from the frothy-mouthed rabid TF fans that we are.

 

I know, I know, you could say "Well why the #### are you reading solicitations?", but I don't. It's just nigh impossible to escape these spoilers when you surf the many TF boards for discussion.

 

Anyway, strong work guys, and a good start to Escalation. A solid "B+" issue. By issues end, I was eagerly wanting more. Can't believe its another months wait (and the TF Movie comic doesn't really do a good job of tiding me over).

I'm glad i bought escalation. I was a little disappointed with Infiltration, but the pacing in this one was much better. I've been avoiding previews and spoilers about it as much as possible, so I had no idea that it would end the way it did. I'm not really used to the covers actually depicting events inside.

 

the only thing I was really puzzled about was why it was number one instead of seven, but I guess that's just the way IDW is going to do things.

the only thing I was really puzzled about was why it was number one instead of seven, but I guess that's just the way IDW is going to do things.

I hated when Dreamwave did that. Tracking down varaint covers for individual covers was hard, especially when covers had NOTHING to do with the story.

the only thing I was really puzzled about was why it was number one instead of seven, but I guess that's just the way IDW is going to do things.

 

 

Look to the bottom right of the cover, where the bar code is.

 

 

The top Left edge of that bar code is a white field on the shape of an Autobot symbol.

 

In side the symbol is the number 11.

 

Making this the 11th part in IDW's timeline. Only the Spotlights don't have this little detail, as they fit before/inbetween/ acting as side stories to a bigger picture.

 

Stormbringer, issues 1-4 are #7-10.

Remember when someone over there said that Sideswipe would be making an appearance pretty soon? Maybe this is the catalyst.

  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta say Escalation #1 was pretty good, loved the Tulsa reference :P

Escalation #2 and Spotlight: Sixshot come out this week.

I liked Escalation #1. It had good pacing.

 

I also picked up the black and white version. Are thy rare at all?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.