Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers (IDW)

Recommended Posts

meh, really wasn't expecting that much of an "ending" since it'll just continue into Escalation. On the flipside, Hearts of Steel was self contained and not ongoing, so that was in need of more closure.

 

As for Thunderwing, his mind was completely gone at this point, and has been for a while. He didn't even have any commands coming in from Bludgeon or anyone. He may have had some control of his faculties during the very first confrontation (as seen in the flashback). Mindless brute strength eventually fails in the end. It's happened to both the Hulk and Doomsday.

 

As for the other dimensional stuff, how else are you gonna get Galvy in the mix? I like both Megatron and Galvatron for different reasons, I want to have my cake and eat it too dammit. Having Galvatron being from an alternate dimension/timeline/whatever is a way to introduce the character without having to wait a long time. We waited in DW for him to show up in G1 (you knew it was coming) but then they got canned. That's what I like about IDW, they've introduce a lotta characters (particularly in Stormbringer) that we didn't get to see in DW continuity.

  • Replies 980
  • Views 63.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WEll first with Stormbringer....totally teased about UltraMagnus on the covers....strike one....we had TWO combinerteams...(predicons and Technobots) but no...combinations Strike 2

BUT we get cool alt modes (ball one) some good cameos (ball 2) Prime taking itntiative (ball 3), but then Thunderwing hitting that "upgrade" which was kinda cool but really did nothing (hit the ball, but was a foul) but we had all that other cool stuff, plus a nice lead into Escalaiton so ball four, take your base on the series...

Has anyone else mentioned how Thunderwing looks alot like Energon Galvatron (especially from behind)?

your right, the wings and purple color scheme do make him look a lil like Energon Galvatron

I liked these two issues (Stormbringer #4, Spotlight #2)

 

 

And I also like that tie in to the future release of the Magnus spotlight in the Escalation preview

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
"...up to his old tricks again. I'm bringing him in."

 

I guess we know the timeframe of that spotlight. Ah continuity

Oddly enough there is a preview pic from Escalation #4 now...

 

http://TFormers.com/article.php?sid=6695

I liked these two issues (Stormbringer #4, Spotlight #2)

 

 

And I also like that tie in to the future release of the Magnus spotlight in the Escalation preview

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
"...up to his old tricks again. I'm bringing him in."

 

I guess we know the timeframe of that spotlight. Ah continuity

who's quote is that though? And on the topic of Magnus, Furman says he wants to see Magnus cross the line in his spotlight. I wonder what he'll do?

Maybe he'll act a bit more like RiD Magnus? "Gimmie that Matrix!"

I liked these two issues (Stormbringer #4, Spotlight #2)

 

 

And I also like that tie in to the future release of the Magnus spotlight in the Escalation preview

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
"...up to his old tricks again. I'm bringing him in."

 

I guess we know the timeframe of that spotlight. Ah continuity

who's quote is that though? And on the topic of Magnus, Furman says he wants to see Magnus cross the line in his spotlight. I wonder what he'll do?

 

 

Looks like its Ultra Magnus's mug.

As Jetfire said about the ultra energon: "The greater the efforth, the faster it's consumed." So, Prime assaults Thunderwing point blank, causing him to burn himself out. Unlike last time, when Thunderwing was not powered by ultra energon. So his fuel was his undoing.

 

As for the radiation, the TFs have personal shields. Like the ones Jetfire and the Technobots used when they first arrived. Not a permanent solution, but enough to get the job done.

 

And I do believe the shadowy figure who emerged from the dimensional portal was in fact Galvatron.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.