Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transformers (IDW)

Recommended Posts

I will probably end up merging the Infiltration and Stormbringer threads into one thread once Escalation comes out since they are all part of the same timeline (i.e. the numbering above the barcodes). So Spotlight discussions can take place in the same thread.

 

*edit: or I'll just merge em now since we have enough pinned topics as it is.

 

Oh, and Thunderwing must be the creature on the final cover since it's arms match the turbines on Thunderwing's back (when he's in robot mode). Hope Magnus really is in #4.

  • Replies 980
  • Views 63.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will probably end up merging the Infiltration and Stormbringer threads into one thread once Escalation comes out since they are all part of the same timeline (i.e. the numbering above the barcodes). So Spotlight discussions can take place in the same thread.

 

*edit: or I'll just merge em now since we have enough pinned topics as it is.

 

Oh, and Thunderwing must be the creature on the final cover since it's arms match the turbines on Thunderwing's back (when he's in robot mode). Hope Magnus really is in #4.

Uhmn... no offense, BG, but...

Springer is directly below Jetfire, and I have no idea who the big purple guy is. Perhaps a mutated Decepticon like Thunderwing? :tfhuh

Big Purple-white guy = Thunderwing, "phase II".

 

How very DragonballZ. :redface

...I already said that. So, yeah, you're right. :P

The shockwave spotlight comes out this week.

I am aware of that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it will count as before Escalation. But, yeah, it probably will.

sorry, I didn't mean that post to be related to the previous conversation. :redface I was just posting it for those who didn't know yet.

 

 

 

w00t, now i know and await its arrival this week.

I read the Shockwave spotlight.

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I'm guessing the Autobots are going to find the Dynobots in Escalation.

 

I like how they had BW style exteriors until Shockwave blasted them.

...I already said that. So, yeah, you're right. :P

I know, just adding my two cents :thumb

My Shockwave Spotlight Review Below :thumb

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Of the issues IDW has released to date, this one is my favorite of all.

 

Just when I thought it difficult to surpass Stormbringer as a complete Transformers tale of top notch quality, Simon, Nick, and Josh put together something for the ages.

 

Granted, featuring my favorite TF character of all helped. But it was more than that.

 

It was the genius of Shockwave and his internal dialogue. If there is such a thing as a writer's Fountain of Youth, Simon has found it and drank from it plentifully. Yes, the dialogue fits Shockers perfectly.

 

It was Nick's gorgeous pencilling and inking. What an incredibly ingenious style. Something quite different than what we're really used to, making this the freshest TF art since Don's introduction.

 

It was Josh's stellar coloring, which continues to improve with every issue.

 

It was the tie-ins with Infiltration. The cultivated Energon source that Starscream discovered on Earth in present times can only be the handiwork of Shockwave. And Shockwave saw Cybertron's collapse coming long before anyone else in Stormbringer. How cool is that!

 

It was the nostalgia. Many years ago, children most of us, we cracked open Marvel #7 Warrior School to see an embattled Shockwave go fist to fist with the Dinobots, only to be buried alive together. Again, we are treated to the same matchup, under different circumstances, but with no less an exciting conclusion as the first.

 

As a succinct tale, as a tale that stands on its own within the binding of but a single issue, it doesn't get any better than this.

 

My first "A+" TF issue from IDW.

crap....can't get my comics untill tommorow....looks like an awesome read...

Ongoing series don't seem to work with retailers any more, so we're doing these "series of miniseries," but like on Stormbringer, I'm keeping consistent numbering on each issue, too (so Stormbringer #1 has a little "7" on it, and so on).
Spotlight will have a similar interconnectiveness, so Spotlight #1 will carry the number 11 or 17, depending whether Escalation comes before, or after Spotlights.

I couldn't find a number on it, and I got the 'A' cover. Did the other cover have a number on it?

 

 

I read the Shockwave spotlight.

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I'm guessing the Autobots are going to find the Dynobots in Escalation.

 

I like how they had BW style exteriors until Shockwave blasted them.

I hope they do. And with the realistic portrayal of war so far in the series, I really hope Starsceam is dead.

 

and I like how we have an origin story for the energon the TFs are mining on other planets.

Ongoing series don't seem to work with retailers any more, so we're doing these "series of miniseries," but like on Stormbringer, I'm keeping consistent numbering on each issue, too (so Stormbringer #1 has a little "7" on it, and so on).
Spotlight will have a similar interconnectiveness, so Spotlight #1 will carry the number 11 or 17, depending whether Escalation comes before, or after Spotlights.

I couldn't find a number on it, and I got the 'A' cover. Did the other cover have a number on it?

I got the B cover and can't find the number, but I do remember Stormbringer #1 having a seven on it...

This continuity is shaping up to be a rather tastey treat imho.

 

 

I can't find any numbering in the B varient cover either. Maybe the spotlights, since they might not be set in one time frame, do not have them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.