Starscream

areaseven

SPOILER alert! Do not read unless you've seen the film.

Over the weekend, I met up with an old friend and we talked about the movie. He brought up the final moments of Prime vs. Megatron, where

some F-22 Raptors fired their missiles at Megatron. He claims that Starscream was one of the jets that hit Megatron. I thought the theory was silly at first, but I thought about it, based on a couple of factors:

1. We've all known since the original series that Starscream is a backstabbing coward who wants Megatron out of the way so he can become leader of the Decepticons. Starscream taking a shot at Megatron in the film now doesn't surprise me, given the tension between the two.

2. While Starscream was tangling with the squadron of Raptors, one of them shot him with a missile at point blank range, but barely suffered a scratch. Given that case, a volley of missiles would dent Megatron, but not really hurt him. However, he got really hurt during that attack.

And so, I ask this question:

Did Starscream contribute to the death of Megatron?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't put spoilers in thread titles. :tfmad

Can someone change the title. The original poster is obviously incapable. :tdown

The movie doesn't visually confirm if Starscream fired missiles at Megatron or not, so it'll be something that fans will forever continue to speculate on. But whether you believe that Starscream joined in firing at Megatron or not, one thing that's interesting is that Starscream does appear to pull OUT of the battle when the Raptors begin firing at Megatron. The missiles may not significantly damage Megatron, but they would knock him about and disorient/distract him, which would give Prime an advantage.

^ :monkey

Can someone change the title. The original poster is obviously incapable. :tdown

Incapable of what? I've been away from any computer for nearly 12 hours, so give me a break. If there was a problem with my post, just PM me or one of the mods instead of whining about it. :tdown :tdown :tdown

I think you're reading too much in to this. Again with the character of old Starscream and stuff, this movie isn't geewun. If Starscream hit Megatron, I'd show up in the sequel. If not, deal.

Incapable of what? I've been away from any computer for nearly 12 hours, so give me a break. If there was a problem with my post, just PM me or one of the mods instead of whining about it. :tdown :tdown :tdown

You was online viewing the thread after I asked. Don't bullBlot me.

But what's done is done, so let's drop it. Thank-you for changing it. :tfgrin

*edit*

Just noticed your snide little monkey smiley added to my post. Watch yourself boy.

The movie doesn't visually confirm if Starscream fired missiles at Megatron or not, so it'll be something that fans will forever continue to speculate on. But whether you believe that Starscream joined in firing at Megatron or not, one thing that's interesting is that Starscream does appear to pull OUT of the battle when the Raptors begin firing at Megatron. The missiles may not significantly damage Megatron, but they would knock him about and disorient/distract him, which would give Prime an advantage.

My thoughts exactly. I figured that after tangling with the Raptors, Starscream simply retreated; so IMO, Starscream had nothing to do with the Prime/Megatron fight.

You was online viewing the thread after I asked. Don't bullBlot me.

But what's done is done, so let's drop it. Thank-you for changing it. :tfgrin

*edit*

Just noticed your snide little monkey smiley added to my post. Watch yourself boy.

ROFFLE - boy! :07laugh

Too funny, but I think you both should calm it down, or not, your call. :tftongue

Archived