The Allspark

Calcifer

With all the discussions about mass-shifting and it being lame, I thought I'd ask this.

When Bumblebee gets to the Allspark and places his hands on it, the Allspark shrinks. While all the good people in the theater didn't give a crap, my inner Tfan-board member went KA-ZOOM. Did I witness a magic shrinky or did I horribly misunderstand something?

If this was already brought up somewhere, feel free to merge the topic. I didn't read the movie-forums between the theater-release and the time I saw it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Allspark is a magical box of life-creating magic. It can do whatever the hell it pleases.

I think that in it's huge form, the box is completely hollow. when it folded down, it just compacted all those little squares inside itself.

The Allspark wasn't hollow, it was solid, built from layers upon layers. When it began shrinking, it broke down into smaller and smaller cubes which collapse into others in sequence. The smaller cubes themselves got proportionately smaller as the Allspark shrank as well, so that by the time it had shrank down to its final size, it was still an exact scale model of its original full-sized form.

Archived