Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Female Transformers exist?

Should Female Transformers exist? 47 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Female Transformers exist?

    • Yes
      42%
      20
    • No
      31%
      15
    • Only if they make good toys (take that as you will)
      14%
      7
    • Only if they will have sex with me
      10%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

God forbid girl characters be as valid as boy characters.

  • Replies 101
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Yeah...OK, I see where you are.

 

The Transformers you see aren't boys. They are robots. Although sentient, they are not he-s or she-s. They are it-s. Gender-neutral, linguistically speaking. In English, however, "it" has connotations of devaluation. When you call a person an it, you think less of that person as lesser, as not really living. This has actually popped up in various TF series, where the Transformers were called "it"-s because the person who was talking about them thought of them as merely objects. Therefore, in order to show that they are more than mere objects, we adress them by personal pronouns who do not carry those connotations of devaluation. It just so happens that the only other personal pronouns we have available carry a gender. We just happen to choose a masculine personal pronoun for the Transformers, partly because, back in the eighties, but today still, we consider soldiers, those who fight in war, still, generally speaking, men. But because we have assigned a masculine personal pronoun to the Transformers does not mean that they are physically, or behaviourally, male as well.

I said, Fembots canonically exist. Frenzy and Rumble exist too. Which one is red, and which one blue, still not definitively answered. Doesn't mean we have to go on and on arguing about it. No point, and the majority is fed up with discussing it. Same thing about Fembots.

 

Well, I saw G! and G2 as a kid, then they didn't give us anything about transformers in Sweden untill the beastwars, after that came armada, energon and I havn't seen cybertron, execpt from the action figures in some stores.

 

Discussions like this is where I catch up on things I missed or didn't understand as a kid,

As a fan who havn't been provided with the same info on stuff as many of you, this topic gives me a bigger understanding of the transformers universe.

 

Should the fembot be given the freedom to exist?

 

"Freedom is the right of every sentinent being"

 

Can't disagree with Optimus Prime ;)

can't we all agree to disagree on this one??? how many times does a similar thread have to be made, and how many times do we have to hear the same tired arguments from both sides!!!

 

Are there fembots? yes

Are they gendered? yes

Should fembots exist? Who the flip knows!!! It's freakin' fiction!

 

 

I feel better

  • Author
I said, Fembots canonically exist. Frenzy and Rumble exist too. Which one is red, and which one blue, still not definitively answered. Doesn't mean we have to go on and on arguing about it. No point, and the majority is fed up with discussing it. Same thing about Fembots.

 

Well, I saw G! and G2 as a kid, then they didn't give us anything about transformers in Sweden untill the beastwars, after that came armada, energon and I havn't seen cybertron, execpt from the action figures in some stores.

 

Discussions like this is where I catch up on things I missed or didn't understand as a kid,

As a fan who havn't been provided with the same info on stuff as many of you, this topic gives me a bigger understanding of the transformers universe.

 

Should the fembot be given the freedom to exist?

 

"Freedom is the right of every sentinent being"

 

Can't disagree with Optimus Prime ;)

1: Optimus Prime ordered the brainwashing of the Constructicons to bring them to the side of the Autobots. I would most vehemently disagree with that.

2: Wrong level of discussion. We are talking about fembots on an extra-universal level. In other words, we are aware that they are fictional constructs, and the question is, "should they exist within Transformers fiction?". Do they make sense or not, within the mythology? What you are talking about is a discussion within the TF realm, in other words, "Should Fembots be destroyed or not?", with Fembots as actual living creatures.

 

Please, don't come to me with such semi-witty cop-outs. I know you're new, and I don't want to scare you away or anything, but those kinds of remarks are just a pet peeve of mine, mainly because they give no real answer to the question at hand.

Oh boy, the thread is back!

 

So, Tramp, I was meaning to ask ye before in the previous thread. How do these transformer babies develop from conception to "adulthood"?

*high-fives Klarion for this poll*

 

It took me less than 1.5 seconds to click on the last option! :D

  • Author
*high-fives Klarion for this poll*

 

It took me less than 1.5 seconds to click on the last option! :D

*High-fives back...hesitantly*

 

In all honesty, I wasn't perosnally responsible for the forth poll-choice. That was an addendum by one of the mods, I presume.

 

I would like to know who did that. I don't particularly mind my poll being edited ( I'm not that stuck-up :P), I just want to know who.

Please, don't come to me with such semi-witty cop-outs. I know you're new, and I don't want to scare you away or anything, but those kinds of remarks are just a pet peeve of mine, mainly because they give no real answer to the question at hand.

 

What kind of remarks?

You are the one makeing remarks,

YES, I am the new kid on the block,

Read the posts I put down in this topic,

Ain't it about if the fembots should exist,

and about finding ways, ideas on how and why they could and should exist.

Haven't I joined in that discussion?

That stuff about Optimus was a joke,

Didn't you understand that?

 

And there are more people reading than posting so the majority ain't fed up.

You don't need to reply to any of the things I wrote, the answers are there in my posts,

Just try to read them next time before you deside to lecture someone up.

Yeah...OK, I see where you are.

 

The Transformers you see aren't boys. They are robots. Although sentient, they are not he-s or she-s. They are it-s. Gender-neutral, linguistically speaking. In English, however, "it" has connotations of devaluation. When you call a person an it, you think less of that person as lesser, as not really living. This has actually popped up in various TF series, where the Transformers were called "it"-s because the person who was talking about them thought of them as merely objects. Therefore, in order to show that they are more than mere objects, we adress them by personal pronouns who do not carry those connotations of devaluation. It just so happens that the only other personal pronouns we have available carry a gender. We just happen to choose a masculine personal pronoun for the Transformers, partly because, back in the eighties, but today still, we consider soldiers, those who fight in war, still, generally speaking, men. But because we have assigned a masculine personal pronoun to the Transformers does not mean that they are physically, or behaviourally, male as well.

 

 

I don't know what show you were watching but OP is a dude, and Elita-1 isn't. I thought something about the line in "The search for Alpha Trion”: "FEMALE Transformers", I seem to remember would be the clincher for G1 cartoons anyway. I'd say Silverbolt and Blackarachinia for Beast wars and just for emphasis Strika is Obsidion's "Consort" in beast machines. They may not have genitals, but they have "sex" and "gender". It may not make sense, but neither do my nipples. (I know some modern research, shows that male nipples may have function. Just an example."

 

Oh boy, the thread is back!

 

So, Tramp, I was meaning to ask ye before in the previous thread. How do these transformer babies develop from conception to "adulthood"?

 

 

Glue, if you, or anyone else is interested I posted a topic on a similar idea here I would love to hear your opinion of.

 

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showto...p;#entry1170605

 

I still say the point is that TFs have more interesting story possibilities IN FICTION if they can be human enough to have gender. Characters without humanity are boring. That’s why the tfs are not just androgynous robots. Most are men but if they were totally non-human we would be bored by them. Many G1 and especially BW/BM episodes are dependant on male female relationships to function. I think there can be little decent that BW/BM was the apex of TF TV writing and it needed the Male Female dynamic to achieve this. So if your argument is that as fiction the TFs are better off, as a student of writing, I'm sorry but you don't have a leg to stand on. Alien Robots or not the more human you can keep your characters the more compelling your stories will be. Even my version is not as good for "fiction" as it would be to just let them have robo wangs and get pregnant. This poll makes about as much sense as "Should Transformers have Heads/eyes/fingers/legs/emotions/ect...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.