Most disappointing TF

Calcifer

how did you ever think that was going to be a good toy to start with

For the record... I own two versions of him :tflaugh

:Mpsuicide

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 inch Titanium GI Joe Megatron. He looked pretty damn cool in the box, but man, what a piece of Sh!t he turned out to be.

Really he is the only Tf I ever bought and didn't like, although Movie Deluxe Jazz is a close second.

...I own a g1 Skywarp Re-Issue and I love it for what it is, but if I didn't grow up with G1 I woulda been very dissapointed in that toy.

Pretty much all of the Energon (deluxe) Autobots, save for Downshift and Tow-line. And even Downshift had articulation problems. Rodimus was okay. Hot Shot was useless, Prowl is one of the ugliest figures I own, Inferno was just sort of lame, and Storm Jet's only use was for combining into Superion (whereas the limbs had a ton of play value, IMO). The Autobots pretty much paled in comparison to figures like Starscream, Sharkticon and Barricade.

In Cybertron:

Thundercracker - arms didn't stay in place in robot mode, legs had horrible articulation

Scourge, for the same reasons the rest of you have posted--only one way to ruin what would have been a great figure, and that was to make him a brick

Menasor - okay, so I don't actually mind the robot mode, but I'd like to see something with an actual hand and not just laid on it's back as an alternate mode. Plus I was hoping to have seen it as a combiner......

Leobreaker. I know a lot of people liked this guy, but I just couldn't see it. I hated the way the arms looked, his Cyber Key gimmick was okay but not good enough for a Voyager, and I could not make the guy strike a decent pose no matter what.

The 6" Titaniums are the only TFs I've bought & not opened. I opened A-Sideswipe & kept it FWIW...

Two main disappointments come to mind. One is Ti GiJoe Megatron - nuff said. 20 years ago or whatever I have to tell you I was really disappointed with G1 Hot Rod. He looked so cool in car mode, but his lack of articulation turned of off even back then (when everything else lacked articulation too).

Well, the Armada line kicked me out of TF collecting for quite a while. No specific figure, but I was buying them blindly because I was continuing my ways from RiD. Once I finally looked at the figs I said WTF and got very bitter.

oh yea, speaking of energon, i was VERY disappointed in energon grimlock and swoop. thanks to classics i'm selling that set off. HORRIBLE. way worse than scourge (flame convoy)!!!!! can't believe i forgot that! i was soooooooo excited to get 'em, then i open 'em and disappointment his me like a ton o bricks. this was back before i really got started collecting tfs hardcore and just noticed it on ebay while goofing around so i started looking around for it.

RID sideswipe. ugh.

Heh. I'm the other way around on that toy. I paid 27 freaking euros for the red repaint and I'm not even sorry for it.

Archived