Yeah! New Protos!

Moribundus VII

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad to see that grimlock and swoop are up and coming. like stated earlier, i hope they combine. also glad to see they are a faithful representation, too bad these are early proto pics. hard to really tell what they're going for. ooh, can't wait!

Blitz is right

OMG thats a first :tflaugh

should grim and swoop combine it looks like grim is the top due to his uber T-rex leg arms thus maing swoop the lower part due to swoops beefy jet engine legs but its early days and they have pulled off last minit changes in the past (alt dead end)

by the looks of the blue guy the transformation goes some ting like this

1 move the larms in front of his torso and move over the cap on his sholder

2 then push the upper legs into the lower parts

3 spin the legs 180

4 flip then over making the cab

5 flip down those wing things with the ladders on the side

and you should have what looks like a peace of construction equipment

if you look at that sholder thing in this you can see a peace of coloured plastic with a silver center black outer possibly the head just mistransformed

how come everyone is ignoring the fact that Terrorcons are VEHICLES AND NOT ANIMALS

these are maybe Decepticon Terrorcons and not Alpha Q Terrorcons

and Grimmy and Swoop are autobots,so thats animal alt modes for autobots, thats not right either, how dare they!... (j/k)

Maybe these aren't terrorcons, but new combaticons? Or maybe they all combine and turn into a big-ass terrorcon animal? Anyway, I'm totally stoked about every one of these figures!

I don't know...I hoped Grimlock was going to be a dinosaur....

Given what was seen in the Walmart computers:

Helicoptor- Storm Cloud or Raptor

the jets- they could be any of nearly half a dozen different jet or similar names we are aware of (I am leaning towards Scattorshot for the A10, Sky Shadow for the black jet)

Construction vehicle- a constructicon name, since it seems to be close to a deluxe, I think he might be Steamhammer or possibly Bonecrusher

Grimlock and Swoop- These are obvious, and I can't wait to see the final versions. Interesting that Grimlock incorporated a huge number of elements from his G1 self (transformation style, dino head)

I think the military vehicle might be Kickback.

I bet a lot of these are the Energon gestalts that appeared in a Walmart computer not too long ago. I'm going to take a shot at IDing some of these. I wonder how close I get. :D

Helicopter:

80269 Storm Cld Cop(ter)

Just seems like a fitting name (I assume it's "Storm Cloud"), but could also be "80276 Raptor G-Copt"

Black jet:

80263 Treadshot Jet

Could be a play on the name Treadbolt, notice they're the same color scheme (yellow, black, and gray/blue) and not to be confused with the Decepticon(s) of the same name. Also I have a feeling he's part of a 5 figure gestalt team. The set of SKU's I'm quoting had 4 basic jets and one deluxe, sounds like a set to me (Basics: 80263 Treadshot Jet, 80264 Sky Shadow Jet, 80267 Windrazor Jet, and 80268 Terradive Jet, and Deluxe: 80964 Storm Jet Gestalt) Thing is, these have been traditionaly Decepticon/Predacon/Vehicon names so the Autobot symbles could be missleading.

A-10 plane:

80267 Windrazor Jet

Wings look like Razors to me (don't you love my logic?). But he also has a tone of pegs and holes on him, likely making him part of a gestalt team (see above). Also notice the two planes shown both have the same Energon color. It's a set I tell ya.

Unpainted tractor:

80965 Steamhammer Gestalt

Looks like a good fit name wise (I guess "Steamshovel" doesn't quite have the same "umpf"). He also shows signs of being a gestalt having those re-enforced pegs on both arms that could be used to form a bigger robot, may even be arm pegs for the combined robot...

Yellow tank:

80277 Scattor Shot

Looks like a basic to me, that's the only name that seemed to fit a tank (but could also be 80274 Bonecrushr Ges(talt) or 80265 Sledge Gestal(t)).

When it comes to gestalts we may need to forget about the basics in terms of Terrorcons and Omnicons and rather in terms of Autobots and Decepticons.

Moving on...

"Swoop" and "Grimlock":

There weren't any SKU#'s that fit these two. I'm sure they combine in some way, and I've got my fingers crossed that they're not the only 2 in the set. Maybe Hasbro/Takara will finally give us our Dinobot gestalt team. "Grimlock" looks like he has something missing from his chest, those two little pin holes look like they're ment to fasten in something. His dino arms are missing, probably snap onto the clear connector pegs near the dino neck. Neck looks to be folded up, should be able to extend some (hopefully). The way the body opens he might form the uper body of a larger robot, if he's part of a gestalt (I'm thinking there may be a larger head inside his dino mouth ala Voltron). "Swoop" doesn't look complete, may be missing part of his body as his top half seems to be just balancing on the botom half. He looks a bit smaller, but may still be a deluxe. Doesn't seem to have fists though, I think the square holes are the results of his arms being colapsed to form dino legs. Notice his head also has a fin on it like G1 Swoop. If they're a gestalt team He might form part of the body and back wings.

I really hope I'm right or atleast close on these. Not because I like being right or anything, but because I'm a big fan of combinding robots, Transformers or not.

Emerje

Archived