So help me out...

Calcifer

I'm faced with a serious dilemma... What deluxe movietoy should I get? I can't catch 'em all, so I'm going to have to go with the best of the best... What are your recommendations?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hrm...

between '74 BB, jazz, and brawl, i'm going to say it's a toss up between brawl and '74 bb. however both have their flaws. thats the only deluxes i have so i can't give an opinion on the others right now.

Going by Blitzwing's excellant reviews on TFormers, Brawl to me is the best looking fig. Although i am a Jazz fan, i just don't like his robot mode. Brawl, however, looks nasty! Well hard! If i get a movie fig, it'll be Brawl. I prob wont though, 'cos i'm planning on getting some upcomin titaniums 6 inchers.

Yeah, Brawl is looking pretty good... But those ball-joints in his hips are awfull, I really do not like ball-joints. How is the quality on these joints? Floppy McFloppenstein?

I haven't bought any decepticons yet, I've only got Leader Prime, Iron Hide, Jazz, and BB, but out of the two deluxes I have, Jazz for sure.

I haven't bought any decepticons yet, I've only got Leader Prime, Iron Hide, Jazz, and BB, but out of the two deluxes I have, Jazz for sure.

Well, Jazz is the best looking Autobot deluxe... Are those thunderthighs of his ball-joint?*

*Disclaimer:

This is my most serious problem at the moment. This means I am a very happy person.

Well, Jazz is the best looking Autobot deluxe... Are those thunderthighs of his ball-joint?*

*Disclaimer:

This is my most serious problem at the moment. This means I am a very happy person.

No. They're not ball joints (though I do like ball joints since the provide a wider range of movement a fair amount of the time. They're fitted like ratchet joints, but they're not ratchet joints. It's the same with the knees. His shoulders and elbows are hinge joints and have very limited posability.

Barricade's shoulders have ball joints and his lower legs, where they attatch to his feet, are also ball jointed, but there's a step that you have to do when you do his transformation right and they're not loose. You have to pull his feet back until you hear a very, very, very faint "click". It'll have meant that you pulled his feet back far enough and they won't be loose. Plus he comes with Frenzy who's in scale with most of the other TFs at being only six feet tall in the film.

Bonecrusher's thighs are ball joints, and that's it.

For now*, I agree: Bonecrusher.

* That might change when I get Jazz & Wreckage in the mail this week.

Bonecrusher is pretty sweet, if you ignore his arm kibble. He def has the best transformation, kinda explodes into his robot form. Plus he can roller skate and has super happy fun extra long arms for extra snuggly hugs.

Archived