CL Predaking FINISHED P7

Rodimus VTS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remembered seeing some fellow kitbasher done a Predaking too...

Beastwars Predaking

That ones pretty good but I'm hoping mine will turn out a little better than that. The Optimus into Razorclaw didn't quite work but the guy did a really good job for the stuff that was out at the time. Any way I won the auction for the wings so that's one more piece of G1 going on this monster. Now I just have to figure out how to make the G1 wings work on Divebomb. As for the pics I wasn't really trying for a great shot that time just something to let you guys know what I had so far. For the final pics I'll use better lighting like I did for my Superion, and Bruticus pics. I'm going to try and make the head able to attach tomorrow right now its just sitting there. I might try and remove the wings from Divebomb and make him and Rampage link up tomorrow. Then all I'll need is for the wings to arrive and aside from painting he'll be done.

Hey I was just wondering how did you guys who made the super Devastators make the arm connectors? I'm hoping for some thing that won't slip but will allow movement. I'll probably end up just drilling the one screw hole on Razor claw's shoulder a little bigger and super gluing a piece of tubing in there, then drilling a hole the same size into the arms pop them on and be done. Just wait until you guy's see what I plan to do for the hands. :mwahaha

You might want to try using Energon combiner ports as were used on Brutcus Maximus, Superion Maximus, and Constructicon Maximus. Those would probably be your best bet.

You might want to try using Energon combiner ports as were used on Brutcus Maximus, Superion Maximus, and Constructicon Maximus. Those would probably be your best bet.

Nope I considered that however they are much too large to fit into the space provided. I think my best bet is the plug and socket method using plastic tubing.

As for the feet to hooves I'm thinking that since the feet are just a solid block of plastic I should be able to grind them down into hooves. and then for stability in bot mode the "skis" will fold down to provide him with a proper foot.

Lego Binicle ball joints, movement and easily pop-offable..

only problem with Bionicle joints is they aren't designed to hold a whole lot of weight. And holding up a limbs that size is probably gonna put a strain on them. You can tighten them with superglue or nail polish, but eventually they are gonna get loose and sag.

ever consider of using Zoid animal parts? and i believe Zoid will be bigger in size if U want a monster Predaking... actually I had been doing some research for PredaKing as well... but instead of using existing animal transformers, i wanna try using Zoids... my only problem now is that I cant find a suitable rhino leg(ya always the leg that give me problem)...

joints wise, i dont know but Im using LegoKnights joints for my Dev's "shoulder to arm" joints... Seems strong enough to hold the arms...

hope it helps :thumb

I've always wanted to see a truly "Beast Wars" Predaking: No Transmetal stuff - just straight animals turning into robots turning into a bigger robot. If you think about it, if there really were Predacons, they would have realistic beast modes, not TM-looking ones.

Archived