Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

what do you perfer: big or small?

Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones? 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones?

    • I perfer big collections.
      44%
      27
    • I perfer small collections.
      13%
      8
    • Somewhere inbetween.
      42%
      26

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I don't care how many Transformers you have, but huge collections on display look really dumb... You know what I mean? Some of the pictures I've seen of bigger collections are impressive, but I couldn't IMAGINE living in a room like that. Meh, to each his own, but I really appreciate a well thought out, well designed living space. Me, I have a small collection (just all the Hasbro and a few Takara reissues, plus 20th Prime and the Alternators), but even that is getting to be a bit too much for my shelves. It's not like I have a small home, either...

 

But hey, like I said, to each his own.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I move out of my parent's house, after I graduate college, I plan on having some nice, symmetrical display cases around one single room in the house. They will be filled and be suupah sweet. It also means I can lock away all my dorkisms into one room that no one else has to know about :D

 

I love the big collections because I always have something new to play with. It's also fun the few times I set out to re-organize the whole thing for when a new series starts to come out. I just wish I had more space. Right now the piles make the collection look cluttered and messy, but in about 2 years, all will be fixed.

 

-Turbine

I'm not a diehard fan of all things Transformers.. my collection is still probably on the mid/small end compaired to those who've been bitten bad.. but I do know my vices and I know them well.. I'm a semi completist.. I want to get every figure in a line sans recolors if it can be avoided.. sometimes recolors if it's done exceptionally well.. (Razorclaw/Tigerhawk.. still wanna get Cryotek to go with Megs) .. I got into armada from a 50% off sale.. and I bought Demolisher and the land military team.. next thing I knew I was thrown into my vice and I had to finish what I started.. I don't own energon for that very reason.. and I even ran into Acree a few days back.. I'm worried if I buy just one, I'll feel need to get them all to complete the set.. and I don't wanna do that anymore. So I'm just doing Alts and G1 re-issues now.. with universe thrown in here and there.. it's a wild card line.. you never know what you're gonna get from that one.. and with color schemes ranging from alright to fugly.. it's safe for me.. haha... well, thats my story..

When I move out of my parent's house, after I graduate college, I plan on having some nice, symmetrical display cases around one single room in the house. They will be filled and be suupah sweet. It also means I can lock away all my dorkisms into one room that no one else has to know about :D

 

I love the big collections because I always have something new to play with. It's also fun the few times I set out to re-organize the whole thing for when a new series starts to come out. I just wish I had more space. Right now the piles make the collection look cluttered and messy, but in about 2 years, all will be fixed.

 

-Turbine

Feel for ya man.. seen your pics.. I'm no where near as far as size goes, but since my old room was so small it looked cluttered..

 

Planning the same thing as soon as I get stable enough as far as living quarters goes..

It really just depends on what makes you happy, a huge collection can make 1 guy happy, or a 1 mint condition still packaged prime. For me personally I would love to see a merge of the 2. One huge collection of all top quality tfs, but I would want to seem them loose, packaged are neat and all but I wanna see the toy in form, like combined, transformed, in the mouth of grimlock etc. I don't collect for money investment I collect to get that nostalgic feel from being 8 years old again and playing transformers. (on a side note, G1 is the best imo, with Armada a close 2nd) :tftongue

  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's a matter of "to each his own" to a degree, but I will say that I am NOT a fan of "MISB" collections. I want my collection to look appreciated, not like a toy store aisle. Having a few in boxes is cool if you have more than one, but like posted somewhere above, I'm in it for the love of the bots, not for a financial gain. That's why I opened my MISB E-Hobby gold Jazz as soon as I got it, no hesitation whatsoever. Because he looks like he's coated in electrum. Remember the Golden Laggoon episode? Gold Jazz was worth $60 to display, just for that reason. And not as a car, so I HAD to open him. I also like the concept of separating by "phase" or series... early and post movie G1, G2, Beast Wars, whatever, should at least have it's own shelf. Mine, I have one wall with shelves on it. There's a window, so to the left of the window is 3 shelves of Autobots, mainly G1 or G1 Reissue, with 20th Prime and the Alts on the top shelf. To the right of the window is the G1 Decepticons, with Alt Dead End and Armada Unicron sharing the top shelf with G1 Menasor, Astrotrain, Blitzwing, and a Knockoff Devastator. I also have a separate shelf mounted on a separate wall just for the Dinobots, in Dino mode. (Swoop hangs fron the ceiling on nearly transparent threads, cool effect.) Once I get a whole room, I'll move on to Post movie and beyond. Oh, and even though I open my TF's, I do save the boxes, sticker sheets, missile trees, etc., just incase of a resale in the future. They're all in the closet.

As far as I'm concerned I dont think it matters the size of any one collection, I think the most impostant thing for TF collectors is to get the toys you want and nothing more. As far as I'm concerned there's no collection to big or to small its all about getting the toys you want.

I have a rather small collection...really small. Overall, I am pleased with what I have so far. I think if you collect TFs, it's got to be something you're not going to be sick of or regretful that you spent every cents over. I'm really selective that way. I think either big or small, it's got to be something you're proud of having. However, I agree with some of you that quality is better than quantity nonetheless. It's just a pref.

 

As far as displaying, I'd wish I can see more TF pose displaying or thematic displaying. I used to worked with retail windows..."Less is more" as I was always encouraged. (Just a hint)

 

But with all the collections I've seen...I am enviously impressed. :thumb

The more stuff you have to look at and display the better. I usually still only buy figures I really like or think I absolutely need to have to fit what ever my minds deems complete.

  • 4 weeks later...

Until I realized I could include my Battle Beasts I was for smaller collections. After that I figured why not have at it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.