Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

what do you perfer: big or small?

Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones? 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones?

    • I perfer big collections.
      44%
      27
    • I perfer small collections.
      13%
      8
    • Somewhere inbetween.
      42%
      26

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

everyone knows big is beautiful

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to be rude, but you got to remember the larger the collection does not necessarily equal the amount of fun or enjoyment of the figures. Quality over quantity matters more.

 

And big can be beautiful especially if it applies to the amount in your bank account. :tflaugh

Not to be rude, but you got to remember the larger the collection does not necessarily equal the amount of fun or enjoyment of the figures. Quality over quantity matters more.

 

And big can be beautiful especially if it applies to the amount in your bank account. :tflaugh

If you enjoy the figures you collect than the collection can be any size.

 

The only problem with only buying ones you like is that you don't know if you'll like them til you get them. Some of my favorites have been ones that didn't really impress me in the package. But at the same time some that looked great in the package turned out to be duds.

 

I also think it's good to have multiple collection displays of transformers. My RID's are on one shelf, Energon on another, Armada put away for now, G1 on the main shelf above the TV and a collection of Primes on the nightstand. If they were all put together they would look like too much of a mess but by having each generation separate they are more satisfying.

I only partly agree with your comment, it is true you cannot tell for certain that you will like a fig based on the packaging. But with the convenience of online research and people constantly posting reviews with pics of old and new TFs, IMO it is considerably easier now to get develop a well informed opinion whether you will potentially like a TF. Researching in advance helps and also if you regularly visit any of the TF forums, people are constantly talking about upcoming figs and people who buy them do try to share pics. The only way I can see people not knowing what they are getting into, is if they do not spend anytime whatsoever researching educating themselves about what is available.

u know, I begn buying all new figures but I'm getting rid of all my non-show BM and BW figures. That because I don't really think that I can enjoy my tfs if they are hundreds all together, w/o space to be displayed. I came to this point the day i had to put something into a box to make space.

I completely know what you mean when you refer to the space issue and having to box them to store them. IMO when that happens it is time to reconsider whether or not you really have enough space and perhaps it is also time to reconsider reducing the collection to just the essentials. Quality....

As I don't have an issue with space, I prefer size. I also play several hours with each new toy I have. I quite occassionaly go and pick up some of my older ones too.

 

So I'll take big.

In a perfect world (for tf collectors/fans anyway) price would not be an issue, we would all have huge storage facilities for the boxed, carded, loose, and weapons/parts, a large room filled with shelves for displaying the loose ones in any group or pose imaginable, and special "spotlight" shelves for the current display or battle scene. Also special shelves for the MISB ones that are hard to find. Maybe a TV or two playing a loop of TF shows built into the walls. There would be food there too... Oh, and our wives/girlfriends would think that everything was "cool".

 

I voted for big collections but I respect the small, quality/rare collections. I also like to see other toys (Robotech, DBZ, Gundams...) displayed on the same wall or shelf as TF's.

Personally, as most people on this board know, I am not a fan of huge collections. I firmly believe in quality over quantity. I’d rather have a few select that I truly want, ranging from low to some high end, maybe even collectible TFs, than to have try to collect entire lines and/or have multiples of the same figs. Yes this policy even applies to G1, I honestly would not want every single G1 fig, same goes for RiD, BW, Energon, Reissues, Universe, et al. If anything if I were in that position I would prefer to sell the ones I would not want and/or trade them away for TFs I really want.

 

Another factor, you should consider is that most of us do not have huge storage facilities and keeping items even loose TFs requires considerable space, especially when your collection continues to grow at an alarming rate. I know not everyone will agree, but my final points are- only collect what you really want and there is no shame or anything wrong having a smaller collection, if it consists of quality items (ie. TFs) that bring you pleasure. :thumb

I'm with you on this one. :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.