Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

what do you perfer: big or small?

Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones? 65 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you perfer to have big collections, or simple small ones?

    • I perfer big collections.
      44%
      27
    • I perfer small collections.
      13%
      8
    • Somewhere inbetween.
      42%
      26

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I collect transformers I like. If there is an Optimus Prime I do not like I won't buy it. Mostly I am into the G1 reissues and figures in the other brands (Energon, Armada, Alternator etc) that look like G1 figures. I buy because I like it and that's the only reason. (For example I would not buy duplicates of Inferno, Grapple, Hoist etc because I only liked them enough to buy them once, but I did buy duplicates of Tracks, Jazz, Silverstreak, Rodimus Prime, Red alert & Alternator Sideswipe because I like them enough to have one opened and one in the box). I like Omega Supreme in Energon robot form, but his train mode sucks IMO. I also like Megatron Energon (looks more like Galvatron then the original G1 Galvatron figure they got the head perfect).

 

I even mix in my original G1 figures that are worn broken etc because it makes them look battleworn. A perfect example is my G1 Grimlock. He has one arm in T-Rex form and it makes him look like he went through a tough battle. Somehow the other arm came off in such a way that makes it look like he was in a battle and it was torn off,not broken however it was somehow broken by a young kid (me years ago)

 

I do admit to having 3 Powermaster Optimus Primes. One is the original G1 (with missing weapons & little powermaster figure but pretty much everything else intact) another is the ripoff version and the third one is the reissue version, which I'd say is the best one I have. The metallic parts are cool and the extra trailer makes a nice robot the size of the Powermast Optimus (maybe even bigger). The thing I like most about this version is the little Powermaster figure is much like what I remember the original being (the ripoff one is a different color) and also his back, or Optimus's engine in Powermaster form is metallic making it look more realistic.

 

I collect because I like Transformers. No other reason. I like to display them, but also while on display make it look like they are ready for war. I'll have to take some pics when my collection is more complete. I am waiting for reissue Thundercracker, Insecticons & the Alternator figures to come before I start taking pics and posting them here.

 

I also display my Transformers by era. Like I have the Dinobots between the older Autobots and the newer age ones like Hot Rod & Rodimus & my original targetmasters of Blurr & Kup (they actually cleaned up well and look pretty new).

 

The one's I am most proud of is my G1 reissue cars. Silverstreak, Prowl, Red alert (actually Red in robo form is still my G1 version) Sideswipe, Jazz, Smokescreen, Tracks & I got a Botcon collection of Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. I keep the "twins" in car mode and have a reissue Redalert to go with the twins cause I like the car forms best.

 

I just got a Starscream reissue in the mail today and he looks damn good. I was really surprised how great the Skywarp reissue looks. I might have to buy another just because he is so shiny and cool looking.

 

My advice is to buy because you like it, and for no other reason.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big misb collections are cool

Must obey subliminal messaging........must by every toy......

  • 1 month later...

I buy the ones I like as oppposed to all that come out, there are a lot a crap transformers out there (I wont start listing them as I fear reprisals lol) So I am in the small collection with great toys camp, though that said even that take up a lot of space when you keep the boxes.

I believe in quality over quantity. I also like to have my transformers resemble those in the G1 show. Ready for battle instead of boring poses. I have a pefect autobot base which is on my art table. Mixing the big bots with the little ones it actually looks like autobot city. I also do it by eras. Like I have the G1 race cars all together (Silverstreak, Prowl, Red alert, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Jazz Smokescreen, Tracks, Overdrive) the post war movie characters (Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, Targetmasters Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup, The Dinobots Grimlock, Swoop, Slag, Sludge, Snarl. The Alternators (Hound, Sideswipe, Silverstreak & Smokescreen.)

 

While I am not going to pass up any reissues (unless I really don't like them) I won't buy more then 1 of anything I am not crazy about. I buy one of each reissue just to avoid future regret. You know how you might night like so and so and then turn around and enjoy that transformer. With the transformers being as hard to get as they are it is better to buy now and if you still don't like it in the far future you can sell them at a profit. I stick mainly to G1, G1 reissues, Alternators and select one's from the various transformer brand that look like their G1 counterparts. I buy what I like 90-95 percent of the time. Sometimes I regret buying some (like Cruellock, Universe Rachet, Armada Wheeljack, Energon Jetfire & a few others), but we all make that mistake from time to time. Limited funds also helps make it easier to pick and choose & try to make sure I like what I buy.

Small collection.

 

Been collection since I was wee tike. I can honestly say i prefer to have a collection full of toys that I like and proud to own rather just a collection of everything with toys i dont really like. I have a few in my collection like Tankor and i just dont like it and keep it hidden off to the side of my collection.

 

With me it all comes down to if i enjoyed the TV/comic series the toy is from, the poseability/look of they toy itself and if the character is a charater i enjoyed.

  • 4 weeks later...

I too belive in Quality over Quantity. In fact its a good idea to downsize every once and a while and get rid of the sucky cheap ones.

I'm a completist, so I've got to say Big collections.

Usually I'll collect whatever I like. I'm more liberal towards the choice of Decepticons and more particular in my choice for Autobots. You can say that I'm "somewhere in between". :)

Having more stuff to look at and transform is always more fun. I suffer from a mild case of collector syndrome. If I have one figure from a particular line, I can't stand not having another figure to go with. Then if I have an odd number I have to make it even. If I have more Autobots, I have to equal it out with Decepticons. But at the same time I have to atlease like the figure. I've passed on several figures over the years. I didn't buy over half of the Beast Machines line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.