Titanium War Within 6-Inch Sunstorm, Ultra Magnus

Peter_Van

now im sure everyone knows my seething hatred for the sunstorm toy.... but now i actually like him for one reason. hes yellow, and he turns into a flying triangle like the one and only time that nameless seeker did in mtmte. not for being "sunstorm", but for being that neat nameless dude with the flamethrower. i salute you flamethrowertron!

Sorry to burst your bubble and stuff...

the flamethrower dude was purple, the yellow guy was just shooting in the background

and Thundercracker/Skywarp were the ones who transformed and pursued Wheeljack/Bumblebee.

behold "Sunstorm"

cap087187fa36clz7.jpg

ok. consider yourself uninvited to my bbq.

OMG and WTF are lonely now :tfsad

and retcon is ghey

but retcon created by cheap toy companies is NONE MORE GHEY

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im going to take back my titanium thundercracker and exchange it for sunstorm as soon as it comes out. Like dude said earlier, sunstorm dosnt have a earth form and this mold looks pretty alien. I cant pay 15.00 for a repaint though...

now im sure everyone knows my seething hatred for the sunstorm toy.... but now i actually like him for one reason. hes yellow, and he turns into a flying triangle like the one and only time that nameless seeker did in mtmte. not for being "sunstorm", but for being that neat nameless dude with the flamethrower. i salute you flamethrowertron!

the flamethrower dude was purple, the yellow guy was just shooting in the background

and Thundercracker/Skywarp were the ones who transformed and pursued Wheeljack/Bumblebee.

behold "Sunstorm"

cap087187fa36clz7.jpg

and retcon is ghey

You must really hate Beast Wars and Beast Macheens then... :tflaugh

Hmm...I wonder why they never removed the "armor" in the G1 toon :schin

OH RIGHT!

Because in the toon it wasn't armor. It was his ROBOT MODE.

No it wasn't. The comic crap just proves it wasn't. Not to mention the toy solidifying the proof even further.

You have no facts supporting your proof other than "it wasn't shown, that means it's not true".

Damn Atheist logic <.<

The toy company is the official TF toy company, therefore the retcon holds just as much as the cartoon continuity. There's no reason to dismiss any of the two(along with comic/video game/etc continuities) any more than the others unless based on personal preference.

That said, sure Magnus don't have armor. But he just don't in your little head :roll :thumb

I'm not usually one for repaints, but that Sunstorm caught my eye. Seeing as that is, IMO, the most solid Titanium released to date and the deco is different enough to give the mold a fresh look, I might just pick this one up.

Hmm...I wonder why they never removed the "armor" in the G1 toon :schin

OH RIGHT!

Because in the toon it wasn't armor. It was his ROBOT MODE.

No it wasn't. The comic crap just proves it wasn't. Not to mention the toy solidifying the proof even further.

You have no facts supporting your proof other than "it wasn't shown, that means it's not true".

Err...duh. Of course the toy had a white Prime - out of convenience to save Takara money and enhance play value. That and it was originally called "Powered Convoy" in the diaclone series. Hasbro made him into Ultra Magnus, with the box art depicting UM in "body armor" - NOT as a white Optimus Prime. Also, the box just showed the white prime as part of the transformation sequence.

According to G1 cartoon canon, Ultra Magnus wasn't a white prime. In the Marvel profile comics, there was no white Prime. In TFTM, there was no white Prime. Nowhere in the toy bio does it state that he has special battle armor or that he resembles Prime underneath. Nowhere in the Japanese G1 cartoon was there shown a white Prime. There are my facts.

SHOW me something to disprove my facts, aside from toy pics. SHOW me something from the japanese G1 Manga or these other comics you speak of, and what their relevance is to the original G1. Prove it to me. With some visual evidence. Oh, and anything post original G1 doesn't count, as it's all been retconned to include a white Prime - which is :ghey IMO.

behold "Sunstorm"

cap087187fa36clz7.jpg

and retcon is ghey

You must really hate Beast Wars and Beast Macheens then... :tflaugh

I'd have to consider BW/BM part of G1 to think of them as retcon to begin with.

and Lazerblast: Ultra Magnus was always just Ultra Magnus until Dreamwave came along. Toys, cartoon, comics. It's kind of retarded that I should even need to say this in the first place.

The only "White Prime" Magnus that has any reason to exist is the Revoltech figure, since it's the only one specifically based on the character that Dreamwave created which appeared specifically and only in their own comic books that they made. And stuff. MP-02 is okay, I guess.

I'd just like to mention that (at least in the G1 cartoon) Starscream had a dark gray helmet w/ a gray face, and Thundercracker/Skywarp had black helmets with white faces.

everybody plz remember that kthx (including HasTakTomy)

Funny as usual. These are two figs that could rot forever as far as Im concerned.

The only "White Prime" Magnus that has any reason to exist is the Revoltech figure, since it's the only one specifically based on the character that Dreamwave created which appeared specifically and only in their own comic books that they made. And stuff. MP-02 is okay, I guess.

agreed on all points

Archived