Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Love Transformers!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 28
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transformers also holds the world's record for being the most successful premiere toy line of all time - grossing over US$4,000,000 by the end of 1984. Transformers is also one of the longest lasting consecutive action figure lines of all time - many other action figure lines such as Star Wars, have had gaps in their production, i.e.: years where the toy line was no longer in production. Transformers has been in production consistently for every year since 1984 until now. There hasn't been a single year where Transformers hasn't been in production since it's debut. Not too many other action figure lines can boast this.

 

Btw, we've also had comic artists from the US, UK, Canada and Italy.

 

Also, the toy designers are primarily from Japan - I would accept Japan/US since Hasbro did have input for some designs. I wouldn't count the Argentinian and Brazillian TF recolours as "designs," as cool as Saltman Z may be. ;p

 

We've also had conventions in every continental region of the world except (afaik) S.America, Africa and Antarctica.

Superman & Batman has done all these things and has lasted longer the test of time!

 

But TF's are more IMO.

I really don't think that Batman and Superman have as much "world appeal" as the big robots do. I know they have been around longer but content wise - I'm pretty sure the TF franchise has more TV show episodes (well over 500) than Batman and Superman combined.

You're crazy, man. "Show episodes"? Shoot, what about comics? That was what kids did in the olden days instead of watch cartoons on TV. Transformers exists now because of G1 nostalgia among adult fans; Superman and Batman exist because they're cultural icons that have been around for like 70 years.

Yeah, while I won't say that Transformers is better than more established franchises such as Batman and Spiderman, Transformers does seem to be growing into it's own. I think the new movie will make the fandom grow exponentially.

Right. I think the brand is starting to reach maturity. Transformers may have been around continuously since 1984, but they've flown under the pop culture radar for most of those years.

hey i love them too.

  • Author

Superman & Batman has done all these things and has lasted longer the test of time!

 

But TF's are more IMO.

I really don't think that Batman and Superman have as much "world appeal" as the big robots do. I know they have been around longer but content wise - I'm pretty sure the TF franchise has more TV show episodes (well over 500) than Batman and Superman combined.

You're crazy, man. "Show episodes"? Shoot, what about comics? That was what kids did in the olden days instead of watch cartoons on TV. Transformers exists now because of G1 nostalgia among adult fans; Superman and Batman exist because they're cultural icons that have been around for like 70 years.

You are right about the comics. I also forgot that Superman was a radio show and a newspaper comic strip - two things that TFs will probably never be. As far as longevity...

 

Batman has been around since 1939 - 67 years,

Superman has been around since 1938 - 66 years,

Spiderman has been around since 1962 - 44 years,

 

I guess once the live action trilogy runs it's course we can see what the damage is. I hope more people discover these robot puzzles and the brand increases. I guess I was being a bit near sighted when I made my earlier comments :tftongue

 

Right. I think the brand is starting to reach maturity. Transformers may have been around continuously since 1984, but they've flown under the pop culture radar for most of those years.

So when was the TF equivalent of the campy Adam West Batman show?

Superman & Batman has done all these things and has lasted longer the test of time!

 

But TF's are more IMO.

I really don't think that Batman and Superman have as much "world appeal" as the big robots do. I know they have been around longer but content wise - I'm pretty sure the TF franchise has more TV show episodes (well over 500) than Batman and Superman combined.

You're crazy, man. "Show episodes"? Shoot, what about comics? That was what kids did in the olden days instead of watch cartoons on TV. Transformers exists now because of G1 nostalgia among adult fans; Superman and Batman exist because they're cultural icons that have been around for like 70 years.

You are right about the comics. I also forgot that Superman was a radio show and a newspaper comic strip - two things that TFs will probably never be. As far as longevity...

 

Batman has been around since 1939 - 67 years,

Superman has been around since 1938 - 66 years,

Spiderman has been around since 1962 - 44 years,

 

I guess once the live action trilogy runs it's course we can see what the damage is. I hope more people discover these robot puzzles and the brand increases. I guess I was being a bit near sighted when I made my earlier comments :tftongue

 

Right. I think the brand is starting to reach maturity. Transformers may have been around continuously since 1984, but they've flown under the pop culture radar for most of those years.

So when was the TF equivalent of the campy Adam West Batman show?

"Transformers 2: Electronic Boogaloo"

  • Author

So when was the TF equivalent of the campy Adam West Batman show?

"Transformers 2: Electronic Boogaloo"

:tflaugh1

 

*never saw the first "Breakin" :(

Batman has been around since 1939 - 67 years,

Superman has been around since 1938 - 66 years,

Spiderman has been around since 1962 - 44 years,

But have these franchises had their toys continuously in production since their inception?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.