Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unicron

Recommended Posts

I do not think that Unicron, like Galactus (that's the planet eater from the Marvel Universe) is so evil per se, but he found out that the one object that could truly harm him, the matrix, was in the hands of the Autobots, so he took measures to destroy it.

 

It was pure a case of self-preservation.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I can buy the fact that Unicron is/was evil and I'll tell you why, using the oneline everyone has been quoting.

 

"For a time, I considered sparring your wreched little plant cybertron. but now, you shall witness, it's dismemberment!!

 

Ok, lets look at this. First off we can tell he WAS planning on destorying it. But because he recruited Galvatron, he was thinking about sparing it. Which means he doesn't NEED to destroy all the planets he comes in contact if he can spar a planet sounds to me that he does it cause he wants too.

 

Kinda like the whole 500lbs gorrila joke...

 

what does a planet-sized Unicron eat? Anything it wants.

riiiiiiiiight, just like Megs destroying Autobot city was an act of self preservation. Seriously, why bother even debating whether Unicron is evil or not. The Marvel comics gave us great insight into the motives of both sides, especially with Scorponok in the Marvel US comic, but it is as clear as day that Unicron is evil. If the movie isn't good enough for you, read the Unicron saga from Marvel US, or the Legacy of Unicron from Marvel UK. Unicron is not just a force of nature, but he is the epitome of evil.

Well, those of you from TFD will know my standpoint on it, but... Unicron is Evil. He is Chaos Incarnate. I'm going to ignore the idiotic creation from the cartoon and talk about the comic.

 

From his Marvel Universe Bio:

Unicron

Function: Universal Dominator

Motto: "That which does not become part of me shall become one with the great void"

 

Taken from his "talk" with Death's Head in Legacy: He is goal is to consume everything. Everything. It's not just cause he's hungry. His sole purpose is to be the only thing in the Universe. You either become part of him, or you fuel him.

 

He manipulates and reformats lesser beings to do his will.

 

Also, notice his seething hatred of Primus and his children. He wants to *destroy* Cybertron, not just eat it because it's a random planet. Anything that enjoys suffering to the degree he does, is invariably evil.

  • Author

Hey all, I think all a lot of people have misunderstood what I was saying, I’m not debating whether or not Unicron (cartoon/movie) was evil or not…as its more than obvious that he was. My point is that it could have been very cool and somewhat different to make the “bad guy” not evil…as I thought that would make him a more dynamic character.

 

But then seeing as I not had the opportunity to read the comics, you all obvious have more insight into what makes Unicron tick…hopefully one day I will get the chance to read the comic info about Unicron.

 

But sounds like I’m the only that would have appreciated a Unicron to have a different Flavor, I was just kinda thinking aloud and maybe hoping that in whatever new transformers cartoon that comes along would have a different kind of Unicron(if a new TF cartoon would have Unicron in it). That’s all.

Yeah I like characters with depth who aren't just black or white - Scorponok and Grimlock are cases in point.

Why are you guys focusing on the Movie Unicron??? The comics are the only thing you should go by....those came first and will be there after it is all said and done. Of course Unicron is evil. His ultimate goal is to ingest everything in the Universe so as that he is one with the Great Void again. Come on people...you seriously can't compare Unicron to Humans eatting meat. The question we have to all ask ourselves is this: Does Unicron consider HIMSELF evil? Same with other "evil" people that society labels as being evil, like Hitler...maybe in his eyes he was doing the right thing (I'm no way defending his actions, I'm just saying). And who is the single person that decides what is right and what is wrong?

Why are you guys focusing on the Movie Unicron??? The comics are the only thing you should go by....those came first and will be there after it is all said and done. Of course Unicron is evil. His ultimate goal is to ingest everything in the Universe so as that he is one with the Great Void again. Come on people...you seriously can't compare Unicron to Humans eatting meat. The question we have to all ask ourselves is this: Does Unicron consider HIMSELF evil? Same with other "evil" people that society labels as being evil, like Hitler...maybe in his eyes he was doing the right thing (I'm no way defending his actions, I'm just saying). And who is the single person that decides what is right and what is wrong?

I was focusing on the comic, but they didn't come first. And yes, Unicron does consider himself evil. As for who decides what is right and what is wrong, well the answer is simple: I DO!!! :tftounge :tflaugh1 :tfgrin :tflaugh

  • Author

Let me just say this ooooone more time, no one is debating whether or not Unicron was/is evil. He’s evil, evil, evil….do I need to say that again….I hope not. What I was asking is could he have been a better character if the writers did not take the typical route of making a “bad guy” or enemy evil.

 

For me I like characters that have real depth, where what u see is not all that you get. Anyways we all like what we like so if you like all your bad guys to be evil then that’s kool with me. :thumb

Let me just say this ooooone more time, no one is debating whether or not Unicron was/is evil. He’s evil, evil, evil….do I need to say that again….I hope not.  What I was asking is could he have been a better character if the writers did not take the typical route of making a “bad guy” or enemy evil.

 

For me I like characters that have real depth, where what u see is not all that you get.  Anyways we all like what we like so if you like all your bad guys to be evil then that’s kool with me. :thumb

I liked how the Predacons had more depth in Beast Wars. The way Megatron spoke of the "peace" between the Predacons and Maximals, it seemed that the Predacons were being oppressed by the Maximals. At first, it seemed he was really trying to help his people, but he ended up going insane (heh, kinda like Galvatron). Beast Wars definitely added depth, and it seems Energon is going that route with the "peace" between the Autobots and Decepticons.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.