Unicron

Snowman81

One of the best things to come out of the Transformers the Movie has to be Unicron. Never before in the transformers universe had there been a transformer so destructive, so Awe-inspiring, so….big. I don’t think there are too many people out there that weren’t amazed by this character.

But one thing always bothered me about Unicron, and that was his character…I saw at the start of the movie him eating a planet (rather nastily actually), that at first glance could be mistaken for Cybertron. After that he seemed to have gotten energy from eating said planet.

So why was there a need to make Unicron Evil, after all he was just trying to survive? Humans kill all types of animals every day for food, does that makes us evil, I don’t think so. I would have rather they made him like that character from silver surfer that sucked the energy from planets and left the plant dry. That guy was not interested in kill people or ruling the universe he just knew that when he was hungry he had to eat(he also was very big too).

That to me made him very dynamic, and yes people still had to fight him even though he was not “evil”, as they wanted to save their home planets. Something like would have worked well for Unicron…he had a great voice that didn’t say evil per say, there was high level of authority and dignity in his voice that I think would have worked well with the type of persona I have describe.

It’s just too easy for the enemy to always be evil. That’s how I feel, what about you guys and gals?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Primal-Convoy

Well, perhaps he and primus are not as black and white as they are portrayed to be. If I remember right, wasnt there a comic/story in which Primus is seen as almost bad? The idea was thet Primus STARTED the war between the bots so that the winners would be able to take on Primus' enemy (ie: Unicron). Doesnt sound very nice to me.....

Guest Krusty The Klown

marvels story was that they were opposites, unicron was pure evil, he destroyed one universe himself before fighting primus and getting trapped in a metal prison which became his body

then primus made his body to a world for the tfs, and it was thought that the tfs were created to fight for primus, but in issue 74 i think (On the verge of Extintion) prime realizes that was not true, primus created them to carry on after his death, that primus must die in order to destroy unicron, and prime releases the matrix force inside unicron destroying both of them

Me as a kid.

"At one time I considered sparing your wretched little planet... but now... you shall witness... it's DISMEMBERMENT!"

*chills*

Unicron rocks. I was floored after he transformed. I was like holy crap he transforms! Look how puny Galvatron is! And that scene where he slams his claw several layers deep into Cybertron. Wow.

Unicron is cool because he appeals to that part of us that is in awe of things more powerful than us. Kids dig dinosaurs and military vehicles, and so do I.

I don't consider the Decepticons "evil" either. They are fighting a civil war after all. Then again, I doubt Hitler thought of himself as a bad guy...

Unicron destroys not just for nourishment, but because he enjoys it. Like he said "At one time I considered sparing your wretched little planet... but now... you shall witness... it's DISMEMBERMENT" So he didn't need to destroy Cybertron, but was gonna do it anyways to punish Galvatron for his treachery

Wheelie is evil incarnate. Allow me to demonstrate:

Good rhyming:

Soundwave: "Soundwave superior. Constructicons inferior."

Bad rhyming:

Wheelie: "Friend stare, over there!"

*shudder*

I woulda pronounced him 'innocent' and fed em to the Sharkticons.

Archived