Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Unicron

Recommended Posts

One of the best things to come out of the Transformers the Movie has to be Unicron. Never before in the transformers universe had there been a transformer so destructive, so Awe-inspiring, so….big. I don’t think there are too many people out there that weren’t amazed by this character.

 

But one thing always bothered me about Unicron, and that was his character…I saw at the start of the movie him eating a planet (rather nastily actually), that at first glance could be mistaken for Cybertron. After that he seemed to have gotten energy from eating said planet.

 

So why was there a need to make Unicron Evil, after all he was just trying to survive? Humans kill all types of animals every day for food, does that makes us evil, I don’t think so. I would have rather they made him like that character from silver surfer that sucked the energy from planets and left the plant dry. That guy was not interested in kill people or ruling the universe he just knew that when he was hungry he had to eat(he also was very big too).

 

That to me made him very dynamic, and yes people still had to fight him even though he was not “evil”, as they wanted to save their home planets. Something like would have worked well for Unicron…he had a great voice that didn’t say evil per say, there was high level of authority and dignity in his voice that I think would have worked well with the type of persona I have describe.

 

It’s just too easy for the enemy to always be evil. That’s how I feel, what about you guys and gals?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, perhaps he and primus are not as black and white as they are portrayed to be. If I remember right, wasnt there a comic/story in which Primus is seen as almost bad? The idea was thet Primus STARTED the war between the bots so that the winners would be able to take on Primus' enemy (ie: Unicron). Doesnt sound very nice to me.....

marvels story was that they were opposites, unicron was pure evil, he destroyed one universe himself before fighting primus and getting trapped in a metal prison which became his body

 

then primus made his body to a world for the tfs, and it was thought that the tfs were created to fight for primus, but in issue 74 i think (On the verge of Extintion) prime realizes that was not true, primus created them to carry on after his death, that primus must die in order to destroy unicron, and prime releases the matrix force inside unicron destroying both of them

Me as a kid.

 

"At one time I considered sparing your wretched little planet... but now... you shall witness... it's DISMEMBERMENT!"

 

*chills*

 

Unicron rocks. I was floored after he transformed. I was like holy crap he transforms! Look how puny Galvatron is! And that scene where he slams his claw several layers deep into Cybertron. Wow.

 

Unicron is cool because he appeals to that part of us that is in awe of things more powerful than us. Kids dig dinosaurs and military vehicles, and so do I.

 

I don't consider the Decepticons "evil" either. They are fighting a civil war after all. Then again, I doubt Hitler thought of himself as a bad guy...

If a lion was running at me with intent to eat me, I think I would positivile feel it is one evil lion. The same with Unicron. The mere fact that he wants to destroy me is enough to qualify him as an evil enemy. So I do think he is evil.

Unicron destroys not just for nourishment, but because he enjoys it. Like he said "At one time I considered sparing your wretched little planet... but now... you shall witness... it's DISMEMBERMENT" So he didn't need to destroy Cybertron, but was gonna do it anyways to punish Galvatron for his treachery

ok so we all are undecieded if unicron is evil and if the cons are evil, but we all know wheelie is pure evil

Wheelie is evil incarnate. Allow me to demonstrate:

 

Good rhyming:

 

Soundwave: "Soundwave superior. Constructicons inferior."

 

Bad rhyming:

 

Wheelie: "Friend stare, over there!"

 

*shudder*

 

I woulda pronounced him 'innocent' and fed em to the Sharkticons.

All I know is that Unicron is giving me the finger right now, and that's just not polite.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.