Movie Toy pictures

Peaugh

I'm not the kind of person to generally agree with everyone, but seriously, Starscream sux!

Longer legs, better torso, new arms, and anything to resemble G1 screamer, and it'd be better!!

Not that I relish the thought of wading into this muck

but..... *why* would it be better? ("Because that's what he looked like in G1" isn't a valid reason.) We're talking about giant alien robots who would have to function in the real world, subject to real-world physics, not simplistic, cartoony toys from the 80's that were nothing more than big metal people. I'm sure the intersection of Transformers and reality is a painful one for some fans, but if you step back and think about it, the kind of designs we're seeing here represent something that would actually work in live-action world. And I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

Of course, I recognize that some people just want to see G1 looking robots onscreen, period.

oh well :D

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm not reading through all 5 pages of bleh but these guys look awesome.

:pfx

and tazbot.gif

I'm not the kind of person to generally agree with everyone, but seriously, Starscream sux!

Longer legs, better torso, new arms, and anything to resemble G1 screamer, and it'd be better!!

Not that I relish the thought of wading into this muck

but..... *why* would it be better? ("Because that's what he looked like in G1" isn't a valid reason.) We're talking about giant alien robots who would have to function in the real world, subject to real-world physics, not simplistic, cartoony toys from the 80's that were nothing more than big metal people. I'm sure the intersection of Transformers and reality is a painful one for some fans, but if you step back and think about it, the kind of designs we're seeing here represent something that would actually work in live-action world. And I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

Of course, I recognize that some people just want to see G1 looking robots onscreen, period.

oh well :D

tazbot.gif x 10 zillions

Maximo Prime said it best before when he posted this about Beast Machines:

And I also found it weird that folks that were so into TRANSFORMERS were opposed to CHANGE.

It was true for BM, and it's going to be true for the upcoming movie! :thumb

I like them all so far, but it's a long way until they are painted. Yeah for realistic alt modes, BTW!!! To me that is the biggest homage you can have to G1.

One thing to note, in those pictures, there are only 2 acutal toys (starscream and the second shot of blackout). If you look at the rendered blackout and the toy, the rendering is much superior due to more details, better coloring (I know the toy is unpainted) and lack of kibble (I don't mind kibble, but the kibble on this toy is fairly significant). I expect that scopinok will be toned down a little (hopefully not too much).

I'll make my final decision on purchasing these based on actual painted protos, but they are definately a step up from A/E/C imho.

Pasquale

I don't understand why everyone is caught up on the real world physics crap. For god's sake, the so called "real world" means earth. Transformers are aliens dude, sentient beings, why the Powerglide in the world would they be bound by earthy tech? Gyros, gears, pistons and wires are human/earth technology. Transformers are alien tech...they don't need that kind of Blot.

For arguments sake, if the plot has the humans building transforming robots, then these movie transformers are perfect....but that's not the case is it?

Either way, other than blackout, all the other bots' asethetic sux monkey balls.

I don't understand why everyone is caught up on the real world physics crap. For god's sake, the so called "real world" means earth. Transformers are aliens dude, sentient beings, why the fuck in the world would they be bound by earthy tech? Gyros, gears, pistons and wires are human/earth technology. Transformers are alien tech...they don't need that kind of shit.

For arguments sake, if the plot has the humans building transforming robots, then these movie transformers are perfect....but that's not the case is it?

Either way, other than blackout, all the other bots' asethetic sux monkey balls.

I'm assuming that the laws of physics still apply on Cybertron.

and by definition we can't create anything that's not "earthy tech" so deal

I'm a G1 fanboy and BT completist, and I like the new stuff. I think scorpinok's rendering rocks! Starscream looks like he could be quite good too. I want to see the alt mode first though. Blackout is a bit over kibbled, but aside from that, he rocks...

So gears, gyros and so on are the only ways for a transforming robot to obey laws of physics?? Please. Stop thinking that 'earthy tech' is on par or even superior to alien tech. Alien tech is alien because it's out of our comprehension. Stop thinking so mighty of our technology....

But definition, earthy tech means technology of earth no? Then why would an alien need to have earth technolgoy? They have no way of overcoming pistons?

Well, that and the fact that these are machines that (at least according to comic and cartoon canon) have evolved for over millions of years. I can't speak for the movie's storyline, of course, but I'm assuming the history will at least be close to either canon.

GOD I'm so looking forward to this movie! :clap

Well, that and the fact that these are machines that (at least according to comic and cartoon canon) have evolved for over millions of years. I can't speak for the movie's storyline, of course, but I'm assuming the history will at least be close to either canon.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

[/Go get your f'in shinebox]

Thanks for the props, Zaku!

and yeah, Zaku and I are totally in cahoots on this...I can NOT wait for this movie...

I don't pay to see movies (long story), i will specifically pay to see this flick, rather than wait 2 weeks

So gears, gyros and so on are the only ways for a transforming robot to obey laws of physics?? Please. Stop thinking that 'earthy tech' is on par or even superior to alien tech. Alien tech is alien because it's out of our comprehension. Stop thinking so mighty of our technology....

But definition, earthy tech means technology of earth no? Then why would an alien need to have earth technolgoy? They have no way of overcoming pistons?

I think you misunderstand me. My first comment was in response to this:

I don't understand why everyone is caught up on the real world physics crap. For god's sake, the so called "real world" means earth.

My point was that "real world" just means "reality". As in, "not a cartoon". It's an expression, you know.

As for the "earth technology" thing, what I was saying is this: by definition, humans are incapable of conceiving of what non-human technology would be like, because (by definition) anything *we* come up with would be.... something we come up with. See what I mean?

Still, I doubt you were complaining when you saw that MP Convoy had hydraulic joints.

Archived