Alt Red Alert, complete!

Pun-3X

Love those pics!  :tflaugh  :tflaugh1  :tflaugh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats it. now i require every other kitbash thread to be done in comic strip form :tflaugh

Nice pics! I got confused at first. I was thinking, "why would some one make a costume Police car Red Aert with Prowl's head?" Then I saw the rest. Good show

First, to Xamot:  I ended up making a deal for a Mesiter head afterall.  It should be arriving soon, but thanks so much for offering. :)  (and I'll keep you in mind in case I screw this one up during kitbashing...  :redface  )

Now, once the head arrives--and everything kitbashy goes well--I'll have to work at making the head fit the new ball neck.  As it stands, the Alt. Prowl ball neck is too big.

My question is, would it be better to open up the socket inside the Meister head, or grind down the ball joint?

Hey Pun, I'm glad to have been of service. :D Can't wait to see what you do to the brain bucket so that it resembles Red alert. :thumb

though I don't kitbash, I would think it'd probably be easier to make the ball a bit smaller.  any kitbashers agree?

That's the easiest way. Use a small strip of sanding paper to smooth down the neck joint ball until the head fits the post. If things get too out of hand just use some super glue to rebuild the bulk. But wait until the stuff is completely dry! :P :D

Keep up the good work chief!

Archived