Alt Red Alert, complete!

Pun-3X

EDIT: (Gallery http://www.tfmaster.com/gallery_kb0184.php )

--------------------

prowlgoof1.jpg

prowlgoof2.jpg

prowlgoof3.jpg

prowlgoof4.jpg

Well, the Mustang Prowl project left me with an extra body. I had been planning to make it into Red alert since before I had even decided that Prowl would be a Mustang. In fact, originally I was going to use the RX-8 for Prowl, and sculpt the Meister head into Red alert's. That's still the plan, in fact.

ra04a.jpg

ra05.JPG

You can see the car mode fits the character quite nicely. Just need some decals to make it work completely.

ra01.JPG

Paint job's been done for quite some time now. I plan to modify the doors using a technique another fellow kitbasher has used, having them alongside his arms. And while it looks more ACCURATE with the legs facing the way they normally should, I really have a personal taste for the legs transformed as shown.

ra02.JPG

All said, it's actually looking quite good.

ra03.JPG

Okay, critics aside...

But anyway, that does come down to the major issue:

I NEED A MEISTER HEAD!

I'm not sure if any of you kitbashers have one leftover from an RX-8 bash or anything, but I'm in a real need of one.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NICE! I'm doing the exact same thing with my BT Prowl....only I'm using a modified Sideswipe head. I wasn't sure how the scheme would look in Alt. and you've answered that question for me.

Thanks bro, looks cool :thumb

Thanks guys.  Glad it looks up to snuff.  As for the Meister head, yeah, I prefered the look of it, and I have an idea for how I'm going to modify one.  I really want to get as close to the look of the G1 toy as possible on the headpiece.

It sounds as though I may have a trade in place to acquire a Meister head afterall.  Have to see how it goes, but hopefully I've got that problem solved. :)

great work!  awesome customs.  only suggestion, or rather what i think (not that anyone should care), but i figured the blue and red lights should have been on the inside mustang grill, not the actually headlamps.  but regardless, it looks better than any custom i could do (i dont even really do customs, so you got me beat already)  but anyways,  great job!  keep up the good work.

I know what you mean.  Too bad Wheeljack's headlights were reversed.  I've looked at a bunch of different Mustangs rolling around, and any that have just the two have them on the outside.  But that was all after the custom was finished, and I'm rather afraid of going back and trying to reverse them. (as I don't know the socket size for the internal lamps, and I seem to ruin things when I go back on them---curse for second guessing or somesuch...)

Archived