Hasbro Primus Extra Unveiled.

tentagil

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While I will admit that Hasbro is definitely trying to cater to the collectors on this one, why wouldn't I be allowed to have an opinion about it? I mean, isn't this what fan boards are for - to express ourselves about our hobby? I like it, I don't like it... whatever.  :roll

I like a lot of things that I see here. However, by stating that I prefer an imported version of a toy because I believe the quality control is better is my perrogative. It's worth the cost to have a better piece, and to have it sooner than later.

*looks at dusty Galaxy Force Starscream, Megalo Convoy, Vector Prime, Soundwave, and 3 Dark repaints on shelf* :thumb

"Make mine Hasbro".... if you like half assed attempts at maximized profits at lowest cost.

<<

>>

*cues the inevitable AutobotMaximal rolling eyes smiley*  :tftongue

How about just find someone else's comments to latch onto? If you don't get what I was saying, then I can't help you. I didn't say you can't have an opinion. I never have. I just said that, at times, the reason people decide to Starscream is laughable. If you want Takara products, then feel free to go spend twice the amount on most stuff. If it's worth it to ya, then go ahead. Just realize which economy you're supporting.

While I will admit that Hasbro is definitely trying to cater to the collectors on this one, why wouldn't I be allowed to have an opinion about it? I mean, isn't this what fan boards are for - to express ourselves about our hobby? I like it, I don't like it... whatever.  :roll

I like a lot of things that I see here. However, by stating that I prefer an imported version of a toy because I believe the quality control is better is my perrogative. It's worth the cost to have a better piece, and to have it sooner than later.

*looks at dusty Galaxy Force Starscream, Megalo Convoy, Vector Prime, Soundwave, and 3 Dark repaints on shelf*   :thumb

"Make mine Hasbro".... if you like half assed attempts at maximized profits at lowest cost.

<<

>>

How about just find someone else's comments to latch onto? If you don't get what I was saying, then I can't help you. I didn't say you can't have an opinion. I never have. I just said that, at times, the reason people decide to bitch is laughable. If you want Takara products, then feel free to go spend twice the amount on most stuff. If it's worth it to ya, then go ahead. Just realize which economy you're supporting.

USA! USA! USA! :usa

*looks at dusty Galaxy Force Starscream, Vector Prime, Soundwave, and 3 Dark repaints on shelf* :thumb

<<

>>

I agree with you; if we weren't supposed to discuss our hobby, these forums would be read-only. I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing a figure or even (yes) a value-adder like Unicron's head or whatever. I think the real problem is that people post stuff that other people don't want to see.

anyway I'm not buying Primus, but if I were I'd think it was a cool addition. But then in order for me to buy Primus in the first place, I'd have to think he was cool, and I figure that if I thought he was cool, I'd probably think the Unicron head was cool too.

No, it's the fact that the same people always say the same things. Sure, it's their right, but who the hell wants to log on every day just to see the same old tired argument of "I hate it because I can't afford it" or "I don't like it because it's not Japanese." It gets tired is all.

BTW I prefer Alternators ;)

Oh, you are so wrong!!!

BT all the way!!!! :tfgrin

I used to have BTs.... some of them were awesome (Smokescreen GT) and some of them were indistinguishable from the Alt versions (Hound). And some of them looked worse (Swindle). And then there was BT Prowl, who killed it for me altogether with his crappy QC. I just play with my toys too much, I guess.

I would like to get Smokescreen GT back someday though.

well ANYWAY

tman raises a good point... for an extra accessory that could have just been a polka-dotted cyber key, this is a pretty unexpected and sweet fanwanking value adder. Nevertheless I don't think that precludes discussion on the merits of the "extra" for what it's supposed to be.

what they really should have done was include a little clear plastic rod or something that you could stick into Primus and attach Unicron's head to :tftongue

It was a joke Madhammer.

BTW I bought an Alt Prowl just last night (so I could fairly cheaply replace a part that I broke on my BT Prowl). But I have no problem adding Alt Prowl to my collection, esp considering all the differences the tow figures have.

Oh and back on topic. I also agree that they should include some sort of clear rod so that Uni's head can attach to Primus. There is still plenty of time to include it, after all Hasbro's release is still months away.

*looks at dusty Galaxy Force Starscream, Megalo Convoy, Vector Prime, Soundwave, and 3 Dark repaints on shelf*   :thumb

<<

>>

How about just find someone else's comments to latch onto? If you don't get what I was saying, then I can't help you. I didn't say you can't have an opinion. I never have. I just said that, at times, the reason people decide to Starscream is laughable. If you want Takara products, then feel free to go spend twice the amount on most stuff. If it's worth it to ya, then go ahead. Just realize which economy you're supporting.

USA! USA! USA! :usa

I buy my Takara stuff through a middleman...that way it gets to me faster. Right Anime Galvatron?

The only reason it doesn't excite me is because I'm new to the series and didn't see g1 :/

I will probably be selling mine

I call dibs!!!

If you are serious about selling it GMG, then I would be interested in buying it from you.

*looks at dusty Galaxy Force Starscream, Vector Prime, Soundwave, and 3 Dark repaints on shelf*   :thumb

<<

>>

I agree with you; if we weren't supposed to discuss our hobby, these forums would be read-only. I don't think there's anything wrong with critiquing a figure or even (yes) a value-adder like Unicron's head or whatever. I think the real problem is that people post stuff that other people don't want to see.

anyway I'm not buying Primus, but if I were I'd think it was a cool addition. But then in order for me to buy Primus in the first place, I'd have to think he was cool, and I figure that if I thought he was cool, I'd probably think the Unicron head was cool too.

No, it's the fact that the same people always say the same things. Sure, it's their right, but who the hell wants to log on every day just to see the same old tired argument of "I hate it because I can't afford it" or "I don't like it because it's not Japanese." It gets tired is all.

This gets tired too.

People repeat themselves, it happens.

Maximized profits and lowest cost.... you mean a SUSTAINABLE franchise? Takara tanked on CR. Takara would not have released Micron Legend, Superlink, or Galaxy Force if not for Hasbro's pocket book.

Half assed? Like not releasing Armbullet, Blender, and Moledive as well as several other non-show toys?

All I am saying is that if I want to pre-order an import version, I should be able to and not have to defend my position on the matter. To each his own, right? As an example, I get only Alternators, no Binaltechs for me. Don't like the chippy metal, so I stay with the plastic. Does that make it wrong? 

And like I said before - I see a lot of things that I like here on the boards. Stuff from HasbroHasbroHasbroHasbroHasbro - oops, I means Hasbro as well as Takara. From what I have seen with my own experience, deep corporate pockets or not in several circumstances I have been more pleased with my GF expenditures than the later released Hasbro counterparts.

And yes... maximizing profits by repainting every figure in the line, then selling it as a new figure? Sure sounds like a cheap way to double sell to me, but what do I know -  :wtf 

But don't fret, as soon as I see Armbullet, Blender, and Moledive in our stores, I will be more than happy to pick them up.

*hugs US version King Starscream*

No one said you have to buy from Hasbro or that you can't order stuff from Takara. No one said you can't post your dislike for Hasbro products. All I was saying was that you could atleast try not to act like people are stupid for wanting this thing. That and if everything sucks, maybe this isn't the hobby for you. BTW, that's a generalized statement, not intended for any one person.

True Takara is more expensive than Hasbro. I felt a little cheated when I got Soundwave and he was a mega instead of an ultra (which was how much he cost).

Hasbro cuts on paint apps but the prices are also cut. So that is something one takes in account before buying something.

I have to import  Primus from the US anways so that would cost me $25 in shipping at least. Add to that $55 at least for Primus himself. So that makes $80. The GF version costs me 90 Euro delivered and I get it within two weeks from now.

So I bought that version. The initial wave of Primus will sell out quickly or for high prices so that is not an option for me anyways.  :tftongue

I think the extra is not cool enough to buy two versions though. It would have been cheaper to get a spare Unicron on sale and just remove head and place it in the hand of Primus. Then the lights would work making a creepy sight.  :tflaugh

Archived