Hasbro Primus Extra Unveiled.

tentagil

I don't think it's unfair to criticize Hasbro's products if paint apps are important to you. Hasbro usually does skimp on them, everyone knows that. Sure there are reasons for it (probably legitimate -- for example, Hasbro serves a much larger market and has way higher shipping costs than Takara), but that doesn't change the fact that the Takara product still looks better (again, to someone for whom paint apps are important).

Just let people have their opinions. Disagree with their opinions if you want, but don't tell them they can't have them.

ABSO-FREAKING-LOUTELY!!!!

That is one comment I can agree 100% with.

Sometimes Hasbro is better (cost-wise) and sometimes Takara is better (quality-wise). To each his own I say.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is how its going to work, the ppl that dont buy the hasbro version now will be kicking themselfs later because when they see how much ppl are enjoying the extra piece and there gonna be like crap, damn, man i should have bought the hasbro version...it happened during botcon when everyone saw the ironhide/ ratchet figs

Just let people have their opinions. Disagree with their opinions if you want, but don't tell them they can't have them.

Absolutely. Let people have their own opinions and express. Do not argue with or insult people for their opinions.

"Make mine Hasbro".... if you like half assed attempts at maximized profits at lowest cost.

I feel the quote above was insulting people who's opinion is they prefer Hasbro products.

All this talk about car robots killing tfs in japan? where they that unpopular in japan? I mean I thought they were "relativly" popular here...I mean I like RID LOL :-D Can some one enlighten me about CR?

Car Robots was not a financial success for Takara. Due to that failure in 2000, Takara did not make another main line of TFs in 2001. Nor did it make one in 2002. Micron Legend was released in 2003 after joint development with Hasbro.

"Make mine Hasbro".... if you like half assed attempts at maximized profits at lowest cost.

I feel the quote above was insulting people who's opinion is they prefer Hasbro products.

To me it looked more like a slam on Hasbro's marketing practices. If I were so inclined, I'd point out the differences in the US and Japanese markets which necessitate cost-cutting measures.. too often people slam Hasbro without a full understanding of *why* things are different for them. It's just easier to say "HASBRO SUXX0RZ".

But on the other hand, this is a side effect of globalization... nowadays we know what Takara's products look like and can compare them to Hasbro's. And if the bottom line is that the Takara version looks better, that's all that most collectors will care about.

BTW I prefer Alternators ;)

It just looks like people were expecting some extra Transformer to come with Primes, and if you thought that, then I don't know what to say other then you have expectations that are way too high.  I knew it would be something cool and small, and I don't watch Gf or Cybertron so I'm glad it's not some stupid thing from the show, it's Unicron's friggin head! It's awesome.  Some people are too hard to please.

Starscream Starscream Starscream.  just be happy you are getting something cool.

Oh, you are so wrong!!!

BT all the way!!!! :tfgrin

Again, I like the Head. Hasbro said Primus would have a new Feature. I was thinking he'd have a new weapon or lights and sounds. I think what were getting though is super cool though. I cant wait to see a scale comparison.

Oh, you are so wrong!!!

BT all the way!!!! :tfgrin

I used to have BTs.... some of them were awesome (Smokescreen GT) and some of them were indistinguishable from the Alt versions (Hound). And some of them looked worse (Swindle). And then there was BT Prowl, who killed it for me altogether with his crappy QC. I just play with my toys too much, I guess.

I would like to get Smokescreen GT back someday though.

well ANYWAY

tman raises a good point... for an extra accessory that could have just been a polka-dotted cyber key, this is a pretty unexpected and sweet fanwanking value adder. Nevertheless I don't think that precludes discussion on the merits of the "extra" for what it's supposed to be.

what they really should have done was include a little clear plastic rod or something that you could stick into Primus and attach Unicron's head to :tftongue

Archived