Transmutate

TMan978

I don't mean to go back to the G1 thing, but I need something cleared up.  I was a die hard g1 fan when it aired, but had started college and didnt see beast wars when it came out, but thanks to dvd, I have caught up.  Isnt Beast Wars G1?  They follow the same time line and universe, dont they?

Yes, and so is Beast Machines.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I should have single it out to Hasbro USA. I don't know of other places but Hasbro has been great here. Let's stick to that. I love that Transmutate is not only named TRANSMUTATE but it's also 100 more times cartoon accurate than Alpha Q. Next maybe Botanica? or a Transformable Bumblebee w/Spike.

You can't simply say, let's stick to just Hasbro USA.  TF fans come from all over the world.  Hasbro USA has no effect on what my opinion of Hasbro would be as I deal with Hasbro Canada.

As for Transmutate, why would anyone want a TF figure that's mentally handicapped and can't transform?  I suppose, to each his own, but I think it's a stupid idea for a figure.

I think the idea is that with any Long Running Mythos - Fans will want representations of ALL of the characters.  Look at SW for example. Characters that had one toe on screen in the background get entire figure lines...

More than that Transmutate was an awsome episode! And if it touched people - then again they will want representation.

I used to work with Mentally Disabled adults so i am really intrigued by Fiction that includes that community with out being Exploitive or pandering...

I am not saying that Transmutate is a hero for my clients - just that its nice to see the idea incorporated into a Non-Disabled show and have it applied intelligently and realistically...

I would rather have a Transmutate figure than say - a cheetor figure...

Hunter

I'd rather have a Devcon, or Quintesson (NOT Alpha), but yes, Transmutate will do nicely.  I was planning to buy the reissues anyway, so this is just a nice bonus for me.

I don't think G1 characters would make much sense in a BW anniversary line ;)

Archived