Alternators Optimus Prime

Father Time

Is Alternators Optimus Prime a Good idea, or a Bad idea?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is Alternators Optimus Prime a Good idea, or a Bad idea?

• Good Idea
    • Bad Idea
    • I'll refrain from formalizing an opinion until the final product is shown

What are the chances, of all us transformers fans, to complain to the point that hasbro has to make some changes. kind like what happened with tracks when we found out he was going to be yellow. we complained so much they painted him blue, as should be. do you think hasbro will do something about the truck if we let them know on a huge scale, what we think about the figure for that character?

Um, what about those of us that actually like him?

no disrespect but wouldn't majority ruled. i mean if you have 100 people that like him, and you have 1,000,000 you don't, would the better business go to the majority so you can maximize your sales.

Well, considering the poll results so far, only about 36% thinks it's a bad idea at the moment, which isn't a majority.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are the chances, of all us transformers fans, to complain to the point that hasbro has to make some changes. kind like what happened with tracks when we found out he was going to be yellow. we complained so much they painted him blue, as should be. do you think hasbro will do something about the truck if we let them know on a huge scale, what we think about the figure for that character?

Um, what about those of us that actually like him?

no disrespect but wouldn't majority ruled. i mean if you have 100 people that like him, and you have 1,000,000 you don't, would the better business go to the majority so you can maximize your sales.

Well, considering the poll results so far, only about 36% thinks it's a bad idea at the moment, which isn't a majority.

I am surprised, but the fandom does seem decisively split on this one (I love that phrase, doesn't really make sense when you think about it, but it does in this case). Either way, I am sure this POS is going to be made, and I am sure that most of the people Starscreaming (myself included) will almost certainly buy it. Ah, the power of the consumer.

Well, they probably wouldn't want AMERICAN trucks. I can't see Optimus being of Japanese production. That just wouldn't make sense. Convoy? Oh, he probably could be.

If he were a Titan or a Tundra, that wouldnt be so bad. But now some little dinky truck wouldnt work out. Like a Honda Ridgeline, which is really nothing more than an Odessy minivan with a truck-looking body.

No offense but Toyota Trucks are awful imo.

I like the Dodge Ram but Ford would have been the better choice.

Im not wild about Toyotas either.  All Im pointing out is that the Tundra is at least a fullsize truck, and not a mini like the Tacoma which would be totally out of whack.  You dig the Ford? You and my dad should hang out.  You could slap a ford nameplate on a bag of monkey poo and he'd love it.  Im a Mopar guy myself, so Im diggin the Dodge.  I'd rather it were a 4x4 with a hemi, but at least they kept it a single cab.

I voted for good idea. Sounds strange I know with the fact that I still think they used my idea but if they had done it correctly they would have gotten 1,000,000,000 YEOUZA!`s from everyone. I think it`s a good idea but they did it the wrong way. I say that mine is the superior Prime and look forward to putting the two of them head to head to see which is better in person. Just a side note I put the door on the cap today so now all I need to do is paint the cap and retouch those areas messed up by all the work I`ve done and Rodimus is finished! WOOT!

I like alt prime well enough, but I'll admit your's rocks its ass off.  OK, so you based it off an extended cab, a 2wd, and used those big bling bling rims--3 things I absolutely HATE.  But--thats a matter of personal preference.  In terms of how yours looks in both modes, the engineering is WAY more well thought out since yours has knees, and the arms and shoulders are a lot brawnier looking.

Sorry, I just realized that the picture of Prime on Hasbro's page is wrong, I've seen a photoshopped picture where the legs were pulled out. 

Where did you see this pic?

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=615137

I'd rather it were a 4x4 with a hemi, but at least they kept it a single cab.

Somebody who works in my office building just got one of those Rams with the Viper engine.  It's bright yellow and super sweet.

Look at the history of the two leaders, Megatron and Optimus Prime. We look at their alt modes:

Megatron

Gun

Tank

Sports car

Tyrannosaurus Rex

Dragon

Big Head

10-changer

Tank

Gunship

Race car

Optimus Prime/Primal

Truck

Sports car

Monkey

Monkey/Jetcar hybrid

Monkey

Fire truck

Truck

Truck

Truck/Fire truck hybrid

Perhaps Optimus is always a truck because in Japan his name is CONVOY which is synonymous with TRUCK. The name Megatron isn't synonymous with anything.

Megatron has WAAYYY more variations as a toy - which shows us that a character is not defined by his alt mode, but his strength of character. I think, like Megatron, Optimus Prime is a character that is easily identifiable in his robot mode more than anything else.

The problem is that Megatron is unrecognizable. If you took someone in off the street and showed them all the Megatron toys, they would never think that they are the same character. But show them all the Optimus Primes and they would instantly recognize that they are the same character.

I look at the RID line and I recognize Optimus immediately, but not Megatron. Armada line, same thing. Energon line, I recognize Optimus, but I look at Megatron and can only think Galvatron. Cybertron line, there's Optimus, but that other guy is Megatron?

I am not saying that I'm against change, but when the change makes the character unrecognizable, that is too far. They should at the very least try to use a similar head sculpt every time.

I honestly don't see why Hasbro couldn't have made a new (better accepted) head mold.

Then they would have gotten complaints from people that don't import Transformers, saying that it isn't fair for Japan to get an Optimus Prime and not us.

guys, check out alternator bumblebee's first comic book appearance

http://www.bwtf.com/cbreviews/botcon/descent/gotcha.jpg

i hope he is one of the next characters to come out in the new year

has anyone seen this link, and thinks it's wierd that the unused alt bumblebee makes an appearance on this comic book. do you guys think he is on the list for 2006

guys, check out alternator bumblebee's first comic book appearance

http://www.bwtf.com/cbreviews/botcon/descent/gotcha.jpg

i hope he is one of the next characters to come out in the new year

has anyone seen this link, and thinks it's wierd that the unused alt bumblebee makes an appearance on this comic book. do you guys think he is on the list for 2006

I think this is just a fun easter egg by the comic crew - I don't think it should be interpreted as "OMG, we're getting a new-VW Bumblebee."  Especially in light of how Hasbro mentioned that they only secure the rights to specifically make the Alt toys from the car companies - they do not have the rights to use images of the cars in print or video media.

Archived