If Transformers came back with a GOOD show...

My Alt. Mode Sucks

*Transformers can't have realistic alt modes becuse of legal reasons.

*The target audiance likes gimmicks such as Microns and force chips

*The target audiance likes animie.

The next show should be produced by a competent japenese studio and translated by as competent American one.

Or maybe it will be made by competent American writers, and produced by a compentent japenese studio. :schin Sounds like G1 too me. :tflaugh

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next show should be produced by a competent japenese studio and translated by as competent American one.

Or maybe it will be made by competent American writers, and produced by a compentent japenese studio. :schin Sounds like G1 too me. :tflaugh

Does Decepticon Raider in King Author's Court mean anything to you, G1 is t3h sux

Or maybe it will be made by competent American writers, and produced by a compentent japenese studio.   :schin Sounds like G1 too me. :tflaugh

Does Decepticon Raider in King Author's Court mean anything to you, G1 is t3h sux

Does "Carnival" mean anything to you?  Armada is teh sux.

Does "Carnival" mean anything to you?  Armada is teh sux.

Does "Mortal Combat" Mean anything to you? Armada PWNs G1

G1 would be retarded for today's standards of writing. If you think G1 is a masterpiece, the nostalgia has clearly corrupted your mind. I haven't watched any of the animeformers, so I can't really make any clear judgments on them, but if a Western TF series will be done, it should surpass BW.

I don't mind if the animation is hand-drawn or CG ala BW. I've seen the new Spider-Man cartoon, and a CG version would rock with Mainframe improving a lot. Hand-drawn's also good.

DINOBOTS MUST COMBINE!

If they bring them back, they must fix the one thing that was wrong with that team.  They MUST combine.  No combine= :tdown

I disagree. I liked the fact that the Dinobots were formidable against all the other bots, including combiners, even though they couldn't merge. It showed how truly powerful destructive they were, as well as the fact that they were such a tight knit team even without combining power.

I do agree that they need to get them into the next series somehow.

G1 does NOT suck!

The show is 20 yeard old for crying out loud!  :tfmad  Of course it will seem outdated with terrible storylines. A lot of the cartoons made in that time sucked.

The problem is that it was made in 1984 which was an era when cartoons were just for kids. No one thought it would be remembered for so long, let alone that Transformers would still even exist today.

G1 was a whole lot better than many of the other shows from that time which is proven by the fact that it is about the only one that still has toys coming out. G1 suited the target audience perfectly.

We wanted huge robots blowing eachother up, nothing more nothing less. That is exactly what G1 delivered.

I will accept that it had its flaws (which were plentiful) but the show does not suck. Sure, if you look at it trough today's standards it does but that is just what one should not do.

The same applies to Energon. From a Japanese viewpoint it does not suck (or perhaps nearly as badly) because the Japanese (apparantly) like a show dominated by humans and where power is everything. (All the Transformers who can combine do so as soon as possible instread of trying to use skill and intelligence to beat an enemy.)

Looking at those shows from a US viewpoint (especially after Beast Wars) is what makes them horribly awful. It is not because they are bad, the target audience in the US does not like it.

I for one did not enjoy the last 2 shows because they were made in Japan. I liked R.I.D. but Armada and Energon are quite bad simply because I am not the target audience. Apparantly not anyways.

Not sure who is though.  :tflaugh

But even if you take away the target audience the Japanese do have a habit of repeating themselves. Everything has to combine. Ok, I will admit that it is a cool feature, toywise.

However, that does not mean it has to be used every frickin' epiosode! Where are the good fights? In G1 "The Core" Jazz, Sunstreaker and Mirage brought down Devastator without a supermode or being able to combine. Just brains and the Transformers' natural abilities took care of one of the most powerful Decepticon warriors.

I really did not care for Optimus combining with his Op units or Wing Saber continously.

There is also the Starscream being a ghost issue which though cool is clearly taken from G1. (Evidently it does not suck so bad because the writers keep stealing story ideas from it.) How original indeed.

And of course Megatron's inevitable powerup into Galvatron. A lot of other characters got power boosts as well. *yawn* When did we last see that. At least Hasbro made the repaints new (and interesting characters) which helped them sell a little.

Granted Cybertron will be a little more original with the upgrades actually being new robot forms but that too is taken from Beast Wars where the main characters gain Transmetal bodies after the transwarp wave.

And regarding G1, one of the reasons it was not that good were plot holes or incontinuities. But Energon is far worse and from a show made in 2003 and by a single team of writers I had expected much better.

(With different writers which G1 had of course not everyone has the same ideas and every writer has his own idea for a nice story.)

First off, the Terrorcons. Everytime they go into battle, a lot of them get destroyed. And I do mean a LOT. Especially given how they bring home only a handful of Energon stars.

I have seen how long they last in battle which is not that long. So they only contain a limited amount of energy. I do not have to be Mr. Spock to see that whatever the Terrorcons are bringing in is not nearly enough to even replace the Terrorcons that were lost in the battle.

Even if you needed just one Energon star to make a Terrorcon then one would not have collected enough stars to replace the lost ones, let alone feed Unicron.  And though the target audience are kids, they will surely have realized that too.

The second and third plot holes revolve around Kicker. Why is he around? With the Autobots having transwarp technology along with all the other equipment they surely would have had Energon scanners. But they did not.

For a 20 year old show I can accept such an "oversight". For Energon I cannot.

I also have a problem with Kicker being in combat. Of course he has that suit to protect him but what person (even a kid) would believe that it protects him? Granted, it is a show about 20 foot robot trying to destroy eachother but a little realism would be appreciated.

I have been reading comics my whole life and even the Things rock hard skin was no match for Wolverine Claws (FF 374). What kind of a fool do these writers take us for? They must think we are huge idiots if they think we will believe that Kickers suit will protect him. No suit can protect you from such weaponry.

So the Japanese aspects of the show aside and purely grading it on animation and stories Armada and Energon are not all that great.

Even Galaxy Force has yet to impress me (from what little I have seen). I do know that the animation from the same quality as Beast Wars which is downright dissapointing since it is 10 years ago that this show was made. And the CCG and cell shaded animations look bad together.

So I am really hoping for a fresh start. Just like Beast Wars did.

Beast Wars was not anime and it is the Beast Transformers show ever so I am sure people will like a show which comes close to it in terms of story writing. Save the gimmicks for the toys (which Beast Wars did) and focus on writing and you will have a huge hit.

Realistic alt modes are quite possible. Just look at Thundercracker or Landmine from Cybertron. As long as they do not directly match their counterparts appereance then legal issues can be avoided.

And with a new US made show the writers would focus on the Transformers instead of the humans and we would get more cool characters. In mean Beast Wars' Rhinox was also a powerhouse worthy of Grimlock's respect.  :thumb

And yes I want the Dinobots back but not as combiner. They were powerful enough already.  :thumb

I liked the G1 approach to Combiners, they helped advance the battle but rarely won it. It showed that power is not everything. Determination, courage and intelligence will always more important.

If the fire burns within your heart err fuelpump one can take down the strongest opponents. Just look at Optimus taking down Devastator in the first DW mini-series.  :clap

That is what makes Optimus great, not some wimpy supermode but his never say die attitude.

G1 forever!

Archived