Hasbro Improvements

Terrorcon Blot

INCORRECT, good sir!

I sold Cutco â„¢ brand knives for a summer, and I must say, they are top quality knives.  they are guarenteed with free replacements for as long as someone knows there's a guarentee.  Blades are sharp, have 3 directional cutting surfaces, and made of surgical stainless steel.  They are simply the best knives that are on the market.  they sell for about $24 a knife.

However, 55% of the sale price stays in the district office as commission for the salesman and the manager.  only 45% of the price makes it back to the company to pay the workers, exectutives, and the cost of the knife.  Cutco is high quality, and it sells for a lot of money, but it doesn't cost alot. 

I own a store and I sell M-tech and master cutery Knives and they are all made in China.  Some of them cost me $2.50 and I only sell them for $9.50.  Are they cheap?  Yes, but it cost less then 1/2 of the made in US knives and it gets the job done and they outsell the "real" knives made in US.  Just like Alts outsell the BTs.  Both of these products "knives" and "transforming model cars"  are the same product but people usually buy the cheapest priced ones if they are similar.  The made in china ones don't come with life time warranties but no one cares.  Of course there are some hardcore knife collectors that would galdly pay double or triple to have a knife marked "made in US", just like there are some ppl who buy BTs instead of Alternators regardless of cost.  These are wholesale prices but I am sure most of you don't know what that means.  Therefore you argument is flawed.  You get what you pay for. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like hasbro because it's local.. and I don't get manraped in shipping charges if I decide to import. And thanks to TRU Reissues touching characters that takara doesn't have the balls to touch, I've got a near mint set of all the off beat car bots I'll probably never see otherwise. It will be a cold day in hell when I see Hoist packaged in a TAK style book reissue.

Alternators are better IMHO.. Red Meister is cool for the collector value, but his weight is bothersome.. and trying to reapply popped off metal peices is a pain in the ass. I just don't like em as much.

If only Overdrive (Wind Charger...) had his barrel, I'll remain on Alt's side.  However, that incident alone has cost me to frown upon them...

When I get the chance and money I'll go BT all the way, but money is always the issue for me.  As of right now I only own 2 BT's, Hound and Overdrive (which I got in HK for US$30 =D ). 

Quality costs money, and there's a reason why the Alternators cost $20.

INCORRECT, good sir!

I sold Cutco brand knives for a summer, and I must say, they are top quality knives.  they are guarenteed with free replacements for as long as someone knows there's a guarentee.  Blades are sharp, have 3 directional cutting surfaces, and made of surgical stainless steel.  They are simply the best knives that are on the market.  they sell for about $24 a knife.

However, 55% of the sale price stays in the district office as commission for the salesman and the manager.  only 45% of the price makes it back to the company to pay the workers, exectutives, and the cost of the knife.  Cutco is high quality, and it sells for a lot of money, but it doesn't cost alot. 

Let's pretend for a moment that you wanted to sell Cutco knives in Japan and the U.S. And instead of doing the door-to-door thing (or whatever), you decided to sell them in retail stores. Now all of a sudden you have distribution, shipping, and inventory issues to deal with. And in Japan you have a country that's 1/24 the size of the U.S. with a much higher per capita population. Which means that you don't have to ship your products as far and wide in order to reach the same number of customers. And let's say that you sold these knives for the same equivalent price in both countries.

Which country would be more profitable for you? (answer = Japan)

And what would you do to make your U.S.-based business more profitable? (answer = cut corners)

I'm not saying that Hasbro is evil or sucky for doing this. It's just a fact of life. The TF markets in America and Japan are VERY different, and Hasbro is limited to a certain extent by the mere fact of operating in the U.S. (Which is one reason why I believe they are going to be relying on hasbrotoyshop.com more and more.)

However, that still doesn't change the fact that (at least regarding the ALts/BTs) Takara makes the superior product. It's not a knock on Hasbro; it's just the truth. If you're still not sure about that, I could show you my BT Wheeljack that I just got in the mail yesterday, with his painted head (and eyes), chromed gun, and killer paint job.

i might have my problems with Hasbro, but they are all on the executive level. As a whole Hassenfeld Bros. has been making toys I like since before I was born and 80% or more of all the toys I bought as a child were from them. With powerhouses like GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, Mr Potatohead, and more games than you can shake your fist at, this company rocks. And when they bought out TSR/Wizards of the Coast and a few other companies back in 2003 or 2004 I cheered them on as they became the worls largest toy and game dealer. As much as I complain at times about the toys not being right here or there, or the never ending reign of repaints, I still swear by these guys, and always will.

i might have my problems with Hasbro, but they are all on the executive level. As a whole Hassenfeld Bros. has been making toys I like since before I was born and 80% or more of all the toys I bought as a child were from them. With powerhouses like GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, Mr Potatohead, and more games than you can shake your fist at, this company rocks. And when they bought out TSR/Wizards of the Coast and a few other companies back in 2003 or 2004 I cheered them on as they became the worls largest toy and game dealer. As much as I complain at times about the toys not being right here or there, or the never ending reign of repaints, I still swear by these guys, and always will.

I agree.

Don't they also make Star Wars figures now or is Kenner still doing that or even still around?

I agree.

Don't they also make Star Wars figures now or is Kenner still doing that or even still around?

Hasbro swallowed Kenner whole a long time ago.

Spray your Alts with gloss coat, then they'll look like diecast. Use the 30-40 bucks you saved from not buying BT to buy more Alts. Specifically buy extra Windchargers, Ravages, Swindles and TRU Smoke/Swipe 2packs. This way these will be out of the way for more cases of Alts so I actually stand a chance in Hell of finding a Swerve or Dragstrip. Thanks in advance.

Archived