Hasbro Improvements

Terrorcon Blot

because it would then cost about 1/3 more than it does already

Thats irrelevent for me at least.  I'd buy it.  Are american collectors that price consious?  I mean they have masterpiece Magnus in Australia...

you might buy it, but hasbro's main consumer market (parents of cartoon watching kids) won't

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since I mainly collect BTs, I can't back this thread up. BTs >>>>>>>>> Alts

I will say, however, that Takara has a SICK FASCINATION with girlie colors that really pisses me off.

I firmly beleive that the BTs quality is lower than hasbros Alternators, the added weight puts more stress on certain joints and i dont belive they compensated for the weight accordingly.

Alternators are better than the BTs IMO

I do praise hasbro for making Sharkticon and that other plane thing (what's his name again? shoot)

However, I don't know why they're putting faction symbol on their Cyb stuff?  I mean they're not there in the show (especially on skids).  I like to see it on Robot mode, not alt mode, IMHO. 

And about Alts being better than BTs, I only have one comment... "Dude! Where is my barrel?"

Let's see if Hasbro can continue on this good streak, and someday become Takara's equal

I do praise hasbro for making Sharkticon and that other plane thing (what's his name again? shoot)

However, I don't know why they're putting faction symbol on their Cyb stuff?  I mean they're not there in the show (especially on skids).  I like to see it on Robot mode, not alt mode, IMHO. 

Let's see if Hasbro can continue on this "good" streak, and someday be Takara's equal

It's because people are used to having all the Bots and Cons have some sort of faction symbol on them...

It's because people are used to having all the Bots and Cons have some sort of faction symbol on them...

They supposed to be "Robots In Disguise".  How can you be in Disquise if you have a gigantic Autobot logo on your hood?

I remember the G1s had faction logos that you had to rub to see.

They supposed to be "Robots In Disguise".  How can you be in Disquise if you have a gigantic Autobot logo on your hood?

Transformers stopped being "robots in disguise" after they released the G1 Dinobots

they more or less became "robots with alternate battle mode and means of transportation"...

it's just that the monkier stuck

I firmly beleive that the BTs quality is lower than hasbros Alternators, the added weight puts more stress on certain joints and i dont belive they compensated for the weight accordingly.

I agree with this assesment of the engineering of the BTs vs Alts.  However, I think the BTs usually look much better.

I solve this quandary by picking up one of each:  BTs for display and Alts to transform back and forth.

Slugslinger

I think HasTak started using the rub signs in an effort to combat knockoffs.

The added speed planet symbols are tiny.  We're not talking Universe Prowl size.  If anything, the faction symbols on my Clocker and Ransack are Micromaster sized.

:wtf and like everywhere else on them

YAY Hasbro!!! I do admit that Binaltechs being metal does make them waaaaay cool. As far as better? I dunno. Metal doesn't necessarily = better, imo. As far as the rest of the stuff, it's on a toy by toy basis. GF vs. Cybertron Vector Prime for instance. Japan's paint applications are far superior, yet from what I've seen, their quality can be somewhat lacking. The G1 reissues are the same way. Hasbro had to sacrifice novelty to satisfy the safety requirements. This means we got oversized missiles and the like. Point, Takara. Yet, once again, the reissues I received from Takara were quite a bit more loose when compared to Hasbro's same molds. I guess it just comes down to preference. I prefer Hasbro for the most part, even though Takara does come out with some pretty awesome fan approved toys.

Archived