Rhino TF DVDs

Taaron

Well, with news of Rhino losing the license, I'm hearing cheers elsewhere about Sony Music handling the episodes well, if they rerelease them.

I only know of one addition they've done(TFTM's "glowing" eyes), and the "Transformers The Movie The movie" error. So...what else has Rhino done wrong? (the FBI logo and Fonzie Rhino don't count.)

Aoi

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly with the Season 1 eps, They miscolored bots, especially Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp.  They also messed up some layering. That's about all I can think of.

Mostly with the Season 1 eps, They miscolored bots, especially Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp.  They also messed up some layering. That's about all I can think of.

Pretty sure that was done by the original animtors...they did, however, add some extra sound effects that just didn't fit.

I don't think they did a bad job with them, but splitting the seasons up into two parts and having virtually no special features is uber lame.

Why can I get entire BtVS seasons for $50 (an awseome hour long drama), and then TF seasons will cost you $100 :wtf

I can sorta see why they did that with season 2, though season 3 could have easily been all in one volume. They didn't do a bad job of them...I don't mind the lack of extras that much, but if they had had them, I'd like to see something about how they interpreted the toys on the screen and maybe something about how G1 influenced later generations of TFs...or something. Stuff about conventions and interviews with voice actors is kinda dull.

They didn't lose the liscence for doing a bad job, the liscence expired and hasbro went with Paramount, becuase they have better distribution.  Notice how you can get the Energon and Valor vs. Venom DVD's at places like Target and Costco now, but they never carried the Rhino stuff.

I thought the wrong colors were in the show as-is anyway.

they were but rhino changed repainted some colours of tfs to try and make them more acurate when they had the opposite effect. e.g. fire on the mountain, trailbreaker at the start was originally black in the cartoon but on the rhino version he is painted red

For the record, the FBI warning, zany SFX, and Fonzie Rhino DO count.  In my opinion they render the disks almost unwatchable.  The BW menus suck, too.  Animated menus that can't be skipped are bad, bad, BAD.  The BW DVD's suck in general.  S2 has no special features to speak of, and S3 has no special featues at all.  The G1 disks had features, but they were craptastic.  They could've at least thrown in things like old toy commercials that are already readily available on the internet.

Archived