Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's wrong with Hasbro?

Recommended Posts

I dont care if that crown can dome of, the mold is just crap, why make a huge one if the mega is already oversized?

Why make a larger Megatron when there was a smaller one available?

 

I do think Starscream will be popular though. I may be wrong with my prediction, but I hope I'm not. I don't want Supreme Starscream sittingon the shelf when a new Supreme class figure is coming out.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a self described G1 fan boy, and I am really surprised at the outrage over Prowl.  As far as I am concerned we are getting exactly what we asked for. We are getting a new mold. I will reserve judgement until I see better pics.  We should all know by now that Hasbro may know how to make the toys, but they sure don't know how to transform them (go figure). It looks like a really bad transformation job to me. He also doesn't really look quite finished to me. The only problem I see so far is that the shoulders and hinges makes his head look to small. So, everyone just needs to get their panties out of a bunch and wait to see how this develops.

I agree, Prowl MUST be mistransformed.

 

I like what I'm seeing from Hasbro this year. The packaging no longer is tri-lingual, so we're getting tech specs and bios back on the boxes! Plus, it helps them display the figure on the package better. I think this positive note outdoes all the bad things Hasbro is showing (and I don't really see any bad things).

:pfx

G1 Prowl's always been one of my faves and I rather like the Alt version. I think Hasbro might have not transformed him right, and he may not even be in a final production state. MAybe they rushed one off to get it to Toy Fair and the final versions will look better or have more paint apps or whatnot. I think it's just a matter of relaxing and letting the situation develop. Of couorse, I'm in for one anyway cause that'a just too sweet of a fig not to have.

 

Chris

You all know what would have happened if Prowl was another Smokescreen retool, don't you?

 

I really do like the look of Prowl and as it is clear that displayers cannot transform TFs properly to save there lives, I am optimistic about the final product.

 

Suprisingly, I also like the look of King Starscream, though I'd never actually buy it. And there's the thing. Don't like it, don't buy it. Something that has saved me money for years.

 

The real problem for me is that these are unlikly to be on general release over here before the next ice age and I don't have the money to buy 'em from collector's shops. If indeed they ever get over here at all. (WHERE'S MP PRIME YOU SLACKERS??!! :fire )

Whine, whine, whine. Starscream, Starscream, Starscream.

 

The sad nature of fanboy websites. More than half of you guys are just whining on mistransformed toys and redecos. I could count with only one hand the number of people who complimented about the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line.

 

This thread shouldn't be what's wrong with Hasbro, it's should be what's wrong with the fandom? Geez. People whine that there's no Prowl. Hasbro gives us Prowl, and with a new mold to boot. What do people do? Whine again. Some even want them to just do a remold of the Impreza mold, and surely more people will whine that they're just milking the molds.

 

I don't mind criticism, but how about something a little more constructive, and give equal comments on the good aspects?

I like alt Prowl. I guess no one sees what they were going for. The robot mode looks like a cop decked out in those big bulky riot armor; which IMO is a great idea for a cop car. Starscream is the only thing I was disappointed in, but we already knew about it.

Um, why would a giant robot need riot gear?

 

You know he is not a human cop right?

 

For a cop car figure the robot mode need to poseable and ready for action, not appear bulky with armor that is unremovable.

Looks like, not is. Besides if he was a robot cop dealing with rioting robots, wouldn't he need to have bulky armor so he can take a heavy beating without going down?

I guess that makes sense, but won't the rioting Decepticons run away once Prowl whips out his tiny light saber and flimsy engine gun! :roll

Whine, whine, whine. Starscream, Starscream, Starscream.

 

The sad nature of fanboy websites. More than half of you guys are just whining on mistransformed toys and redecos. I could count with only one hand the number of people who complimented about the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line.

 

This thread shouldn't be what's wrong with Hasbro, it's should be what's wrong with the fandom? Geez. People whine that there's no Prowl. Hasbro gives us Prowl, and with a new mold to boot. What do people do? Whine again. Some even want them to just do a remold of the Impreza mold, and surely more people will whine that they're just milking the molds.

 

I don't mind criticism, but how about something a little more constructive, and give equal comments on the good aspects?

I agree, and apologise for any whining I might have contributed. On that note, I'm overjoyed with the Cybertron toys.

 

WWI Screamer

 

A good looking Prime(s)

 

Decent minicons

 

Unobtrusive gimick

 

Great sculpts all round

 

:clap :clap :clap :clap

The reason we aren't praising GF/Cybertron is because that's what we HAVE been doing for the last five months and we've seen it all before. Until these things hit the stores and more people start getting them in their hands and really appreciating them, the praising period is on hiatus. As for Starscream, I think he looks amazing but I certainly won't buy one, and as for Prowl, I think he has the potential to improve, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, I'm extremely happy with Decepticharger's new cleaned-up look.

Whine, whine, whine. Starscream, Starscream, Starscream.

 

The sad nature of fanboy websites. More than half of you guys are just whining on mistransformed toys and redecos. I could count with only one hand the number of people who complimented about the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line.

 

This thread shouldn't be what's wrong with Hasbro, it's should be what's wrong with the fandom? Geez. People whine that there's no Prowl. Hasbro gives us Prowl, and with a new mold to boot. What do people do? Whine again. Some even want them to just do a remold of the Impreza mold, and surely more people will whine that they're just milking the molds.

 

I don't mind criticism, but how about something a little more constructive, and give equal comments on the good aspects?

:thumb I thought we had rid this board of fanboyness, since there haven't been many complaints in awhile. Sigh....I guess not.

My $0.02 is any TF can look like a dork in a bad pose. Sideswipe can look like crud on a stick or like a movie star depending on how skillful you are at posing him. The same is true with Windcharger. For Cybertron, I'll probaly inport GF Starscream if the C version realy looks like a monarchial retard.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.