Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's wrong with Hasbro?

Recommended Posts

BTW, do you really think that Hasbro really listens to fan boards???

 

Where is the Windcharger gun barrel? Do you think Hasbro did not remold the engine to be an actual shield so we could buy custom gun barrels? No way, it was just too expensive for them to do that.

 

The only reason why the Prowl and Windcharger robot modes are so weak is becasue they are not becoming cost efficient at making Alternators. It is plainly obvious that they cut alot of corners on the Prowl figure. When Hasbro took that horrible picture of Meister for the Alternators box, it should have been sign of what what to come. I mean look at the horrible job they did at displaying the Alternators figures at the convention.

 

Everything is getting spent on the new GF line. I probably won't buy any of the toys, but the packaging is top notch. You can tell that Hasbro is hurting from the poor sales of Energon and the bad preparation of Alternators.

 

But it is still eveident that Hasbro is out of touch with Transformers fans, old and new. I mean who is asking for a $50 Giant Sized GF Starscream?

  • Replies 62
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like alt Prowl. I guess no one sees what they were going for. The robot mode looks like a cop decked out in those big bulky riot armor; which IMO is a great idea for a cop car. Starscream is the only thing I was disappointed in, but we already knew about it.

Um, why would a giant robot need riot gear?

 

You know he is not a human cop right?

 

For a cop car figure the robot mode need to poseable and ready for action, not appear bulky with armor that is unremovable.

I like alt Prowl. I guess no one sees what they were going for. The robot mode looks like a cop decked out in those big bulky riot armor; which IMO is a great idea for a cop car. Starscream is the only thing I was disappointed in, but we already knew about it.

Um, why would a giant robot need riot gear?

 

You know he is not a human cop right?

 

For a cop car figure the robot mode need to poseable and ready for action, not appear bulky with armor that is unremovable.

Looks like, not is. Besides if he was a robot cop dealing with rioting robots, wouldn't he need to have bulky armor so he can take a heavy beating without going down?

Just saw the pics, and my oppinions are mixed to say the least.

First off :wtf was my first reaction to Alt Prowl, that chest plate is huge. Upon closer observation I have to say Prowl really doesn't look that bad. He's just in a bad pose is all :tflaugh The G1 homage is there with the paint scheme and head sculpt, and though unrealistic the alt mode looks pretty cool. Best news is if it's a shelf warmer it'll be easy to aquire unlike Tracks which seemed to vanish off the face of the smurfing planet.

Cybertron looks pretty cool, and though Starscream is a retooled upscaled version who wouldn't want a Unicron or whatever it is sized Starscream. I would and I'm not even a completist. :thumb As far as all of this Hasbro flaming from G1 fans across the internet, it's stupid. Hasbro trys to give life long/new fans what they want and it always seems to result in a lot of p!sed off people who seem to have nothing better to do then b!tch out everything they do. Kinda like Star Trek fans, and look where that ended up. (flushing noise is heard) Now I'm not about to turn this into a flaming war but I just don't understand these people. It's a toy not a way of life. If you don't like it , don't buy it. Stop b!tching about absolutely everything and ruining it for the rest of us.

If you're not, :thumb to you.

My first impression was that Prowl does look rushed. Doesn't mean I won't buy it (:tfsad) Tracks, and the infamous Battlekitty as a direct product of our fandom's glorious fanboys. If we could all just let go of 1984, be patient, and let the Hasbro Think Tank do their job in peace, we'd have better toys(because that's all they are, toys) that none of us could ever conjure ourselves.

The Transformers community is partially angered by the Alternators Prowl. Ok, this isn't exactly Alternator's finest item, but is it really that bad? I find it really funny because all along, GI-Fanboys were running around whining about how none of the Alternators are G1. Now, Hasbro gives you what you want (and what I don't want), a complete homage-erific Alternator, and what do I see? Flaming coming from the G1ers themselves. Now I'm not trying to group you into catagories, I've seen some people who like it, but honestly, isn't this what the G1ers asked for? Isn't it great that they actually listened to us?

 

It's funny that, as much as Hasbro loves remolds and repaints, they could have saved a lot of grief, and a hell of a lot of money, by simply repainting Silverstreak.

 

I'm sorry, but G1 or not, I hate this figure. I won't get it. In fact, I probably won't be getting any of the newer Alts now... Maybe Shockwave and Wheeljack, MAYBE. I would have been a completist with this line, but since I know I won't be buying Prowl, why bother? Windcharger and Grimlock don't thrill me... I sort of liked Ravage all along, but I'm not going out of my way to get any (which you have to when it comes to Alternators). Call me a G1 fanboy if you will, but that aspect was the best part of Alternators. Why shouldn't we have an updated G1 line? We already have Galaxy Force for those who don't want it...

 

While this is relatively insignifigant, you HAVE to see the GI-Joe community. They just announced that the small GI-Joe figures are history, and what do you see now? Well, let's just say that adctalk.com is so full of Hasbro hate right now, this is even worse than the Transfans' response to Energon.

 

Oh man, it's not even close!!! Hasbro's making some really bad moves here... Let's not forget that the TRU reissues are probably canned as well. Thank god for Takara...

 

I suspect the only reason Star Wars is continually done right, for the most part, is Lucas must retain control over the lineup in general. Otherwise, you know Hasbro would botch it.

 

I never was a Hasbro hater until today. :tfsad

* shudders upon seeing alt Prowl *

Prowl gives me mixed feelings. I like the alt mode, it looks great. But the bot mode... He looks like a popsickle

with stubby arms. :(

 

I love the Starscream!

man, i have never seen such cry-babys. Alternators are the coolest things to happen to transformers since g1. its got people like me collecting transformers since g1. its funny to me because so may people hated ravage,grimlock and now prowl. but if i were to go to wal-mart or target they sell like hot cakes! prowl looks sweet and the fact that he has a billy stick is icing. he looks like gi sideswipe. people have a problem with his legs, if anything you can probably twist them around.

Okay, first of all, it's been pretty damn well documented up to this point that we were essentially inheriting Japan's current line with some major and minor changes in scale and minor paint detail, we've seen Dragstrip (or whatever the hell they're going to call him) several times over and we knew Prowl's alt mode for awhile in spite of naysaying.

 

Anyone who is actually "angry" about this can pound sand and lick my "gearbox."

 

The only real "surprise" is that we're seeing Prowl's 'bot mode for the first time and considering that the same geniuses that handle all their displays were there to fumble with posing and muddle with the transformation, I'll wait for my final verdict when I actually have it in hand. Granted, he looks pretty chunky, but just because he's not another Subaru (which seriously, I imagine Takara trying to squeeze another several out of would that they had their druthers) and he's got some blocky chunk to him shouldn't be any sort of problem.

 

It's really sad that photos like these would inspire anger. Laughable even. Sounds like a bunch of retarded G1 fanboys who are going to make bomb threats and then threaten to kill voice actors until they get they get their demands/tantrums met in full.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.