Don Murphy update - movie SPOILERS

Nevermore

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay who's kid hasn't heard of Transformers? What Adult 25-35 hasn't heard of Transformers? I suspect once the previews hit (hopefully there will be leaked ones..I mean early released ones) a lot of talk is gonna get this ball rolling big time. Still though 400mil is a lot of money.

no combiner? and he called that a LAME question?

for me that would have been part of the movie's final battle!

ahh well...no combaticons...

My bet is that Soundwave will be a cellphone.

Or an iMac...

I've this horrible feeling they'll do a deal with Apple and he'll be an Ipod :tfgrin

A pink Ipod

i was hoping there will be gestalts

anyway, Don or Rogers said before the movie will involve battles between gigantic robots. i didn't know thier definition of 'gigantic' was an ordinary transformer. well, transformers are gigantic relative to earth creatures, but i was looking at a perspective of being 'gigantic' realtive to the robots.

i don't think that is a lame question somehow

Okay who's kid hasn't heard of Transformers? What Adult 25-35 hasn't heard of Transformers? I suspect once the previews hit (hopefully there will be leaked ones..I mean early released ones) a lot of talk is gonna get this ball rolling big time. Still though 400mil is a lot of money.

First: This is G1. That is indeed over 20 years old. Kids from the nineties DON'T KNOW G1! They need to be introduced to the characters, and the world those characters live in.

Second, TF may be a big thing in the US, but that doesn't mean it's the same everywhere. People in Germany don't know about TFs, but Don makes a movie that has to interest even them. Don't focus on just one market, but see the bigger picture.

Third, It is supposed to be mainstream, not a cult movie that only the insiders know about. So, don't expect the Godfather, or something like that. Mainstream, means to lower the level to the lowest common denominator. Basically, what Don is saying, expect Thunderbirds-The movie.

This movies two main character`s are too iconic not to give them the final battle. If there is a sequal, then hopefully we`ll at least get to see Devastator or the like.

Second, TF may be a big thing in the US, but that doesn't mean it's the same everywhere. People in Germany don't know about TFs

"Oh, that was that cartoon, right? Optimus Prime, and, what was his name? The yellow car."

"Didn't they also have those really tiny toys?"

"Yeah, I recently trashed away my toys."

"Who still cares for Transformers? Didn't they end 20 years ago?"

"WHAT? There was a MOVIE?!?"

Archived