My Next Project : Dinobots

DendrakeDarkenz

Ok first off, I said they look alot alike, not exactly the same. Second if someone makes a hotrod and someone else makes a hotrod, if one is g1 style and one is made from a bw character would you consider them copycats? No, don't think so.

but what if both are made from cybertron hotshot? made into Hotrod? maybe the colors used are slightly different? the one made by the 1st person was just repainting, the one made by 2nd person had exhaustpipes added to the sides... isit a copycat attempt? put aside hotrod, lets talk about the seekers... recently alot used from the classic starscream... the repaints were somewhat similiar, are those copycats attempt? many would already have the idea to repaint starscream into other seeker characters when they 1st saw classic starscream... just because some didnt get to post their idea 1st means theirs are copycat attempt?

chill pill

Actually you both kind of need to chill out. Although I'm sorry OP J I have to agree with DD on this. There isn't any reason to call any project a copy cat project. Though they may be of the same character and use the same mold it doesn't mean that they are a copy cat project. After all look at my Huffer and Zaku's Huffer. Sure they are the same character using the same mold and I did mine after him but it was something I had been considering doing it was just that seeing his inspired me to go ahead and do my own. Allot of times when you see similar projects it is just that there was some one who saw the mold and acted and then some one else sees that person's action and is inspired to try to do some thing similar. Not really copying and most times people credit the original person who did it with inspiring them. I mean look at all of the different Cyb Excellions into Hotrods does that mean that any of them are copied off of another one? No we all just got inspired by the mold. Some went with the more simple repaint of just the bot mode, some with both the bot, and car molds, some painted him his bot mode and then put exhaust pipes on, some painted both the car and bot modes and put the exhaust pipes on, and I'm not sure if anyone else did this to theirs but I put a G1 style wing, and exhaust pipes on mine. None of them were particularly copied just all inspired by the same mold.

Though I gotta say DD continuing to argue a point that is so obvious is kind of redundant. Just relax my friend it'll all be ok. Now OP J, and DD I think you 2 should cyber shake and make friend's again. :thumb :beer

like primusq001's dev, the lower arms and thighs do transform... but instead of carrier platforms, mine combine and transform into a drill tank...

post-5244-1174108060_thumb.jpg

Now that is immensely cool.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Rdimus on this. I also think that OPiJ owes DD an apology. After that, let it go. DD, this custom is looking better and better. Have you figured out how to bulk up the elbows yet?

Thanks Rodimus and Tramp, actually that issue doesnt bother me anymore. Like what Rodimus said,

different people could have different approaches on the same mold, kitbashing the same mold to a same character doesnt mean copy... Inspiration is just as important as creativity... I'm cool no worries... :)

As we all know, the G1 Dev's fists can be replaced with drill missles. Trying to get my Dev as close to G1s as possible, I give my Dev the ability to transform his lower arms into dirll tank... but of course mine doesnt shoot out as missles nor spins... my skills havent reach that level yet LOL..

I agree with Rdimus on this. I also think that OPiJ owes DD an apology. After that, let it go. DD, this custom is looking better and better. Have you figured out how to bulk up the elbows yet?

yup i had... here are some pics... :)

post-5244-1174112856_thumb.jpg

post-5244-1174112841_thumb.jpg

Better, but they need a little larger diameter; either that or slimmer forearms.The diameter of the elbows should be almost the same width as the forearms, but not quite. Figure the elbow diameter should equal about 3/4 the width. The diameter of the elbows currently equal about 1/3 the width of the forearm. They need to be bigger, or the forearm needs to be thinner front to back.

just said it looked alot like his aka copycat attempt.

So what? People all over the internet have great ideas. Not all of them have to time to do commissions for others. Not all of us have the money to pay for the commissions to the ones that do.

Is it such a bad thing to like someone's creation so much that you want one of your own?

It's looking great, DD. When do you paint? Still alot of planning first?

Ok first off, I said they look alot alike, not exactly the same. Second if someone makes a hotrod and someone else makes a hotrod, if one is g1 style and one is made from a bw character would you consider them copycats? No, don't think so.

but what if both are made from cybertron hotshot? made into Hotrod? maybe the colors used are slightly different? the one made by the 1st person was just repainting, the one made by 2nd person had exhaustpipes added to the sides... isit a copycat attempt? put aside hotrod, lets talk about the seekers... recently alot used from the classic starscream... the repaints were somewhat similiar, are those copycats attempt? many would already have the idea to repaint starscream into other seeker characters when they 1st saw classic starscream... just because some didnt get to post their idea 1st means theirs are copycat attempt?

chill pill

Actually you both kind of need to chill out. Although I'm sorry OP J I have to agree with DD on this. There isn't any reason to call any project a copy cat project. Though they may be of the same character and use the same mold it doesn't mean that they are a copy cat project. After all look at my Huffer and Zaku's Huffer. Sure they are the same character using the same mold and I did mine after him but it was something I had been considering doing it was just that seeing his inspired me to go ahead and do my own. Allot of times when you see similar projects it is just that there was some one who saw the mold and acted and then some one else sees that person's action and is inspired to try to do some thing similar. Not really copying and most times people credit the original person who did it with inspiring them. I mean look at all of the different Cyb Excellions into Hotrods does that mean that any of them are copied off of another one? No we all just got inspired by the mold. Some went with the more simple repaint of just the bot mode, some with both the bot, and car molds, some painted him his bot mode and then put exhaust pipes on, some painted both the car and bot modes and put the exhaust pipes on, and I'm not sure if anyone else did this to theirs but I put a G1 style wing, and exhaust pipes on mine. None of them were particularly copied just all inspired by the same mold.

Though I gotta say DD continuing to argue a point that is so obvious is kind of redundant. Just relax my friend it'll all be ok. Now OP J, and DD I think you 2 should cyber shake and make friend's again. :thumb :beer

like primusq001's dev, the lower arms and thighs do transform... but instead of carrier platforms, mine combine and transform into a drill tank...

post-5244-1174108060_thumb.jpg

Now that is immensely cool.

I did let it go...

Anyway copycat was the first thing that popped into my head andusualy I speak before thinking :redface

the tank idea is SWEEEET, awsome job dude!!

Archived