Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alternator Prowl

Recommended Posts

I didn't realize anyone was bashing Hasbro by just pointing out that Takara seems to be the grunt-designers for the Binaltech/Alternators, by evidence of the formal credits out there. Nor is it saying that Takara only makes the 'cool' stuff...

 

I don't get you guys sometimes. :P

Yeah hasbro is fine for producing cheaper versions of the Takara products but this joint design stuff is a myth, energon and armada, yeah the americans had input but the design was mainly Takaras. In terms of the Alts its all Takara, hasbro will have a hand in the license, colour, naming convention and so on but can have little input in design as there is really just one brief, realistic cars. With that down, its just the designers and engineers jobs to make them work, how the robot will end up looking is almost a secondary problem. Its like car design, designers come up with amazing looking concepts then the engineers rip them to shreds and they are never made "cant fit that in, doesnt meet regulation etc etc"

 

but I am getting sidetracked

 

simple answer is to look at an alternator box "Manufactured under licence from Takara Co..ltd" Its their in house design and their intellectual property otherwise it would be joint design ownership or even under a third company (50/50) set up just to hold the design ownership

 

Not Hasbro bashing, I prefer the Alts and if it was just Takara I would have to wait for my BTs like the rest of you (they dont let protos slip out lol) But Archer is an ass, a mediocre designer with a flair for politics, eager to be associated with anything and everything.

 

And as Nevermore states and I put more stock in his multi-lingual info than a lot of stuff on the net

 

Kobayashi Hironori is obviously Japanese.

 

And "Abiko Kazutami" doesn't sound that American either...

 

*edit* I corrected some spelling and added some commas ;)

  • Replies 238
  • Views 31.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does it say Alternators, wouldn't it be BinalTech, I don't remember an Alt coming out before a BT. Although it does almost look like a real one, yet i have also noticed right away that there are no visible lines that seperate each part, as Lord Madhammer described in the first page.

Oh and let's ALSO not forget the MINI Cooper Alternator that appeared on BBTS because MINI had created their own transforming robot car. :tflaugh

Nope, that was actually planned. It just got cancelled because MINI didn't grant HasTak the license.

 

According to Jaguaratron, a prototype is supposed to exist, although it never leaked.

Like The BumbleBee at Hasbros News Site?

Why does it say Alternators, wouldn't it be BinalTech, I don't remember an Alt coming out before a BT. Although it does almost look like a real one, yet i have also noticed right away that there are no visible lines that seperate each part, as Lord Madhammer described in the first page.

I dont follow release dates as I have mine many months in advance but I do know for a fact that Alt Grimlock was out before any BTs, not sure about the others though ;)

Remember how the ehobby figs were photoshopped, but they were official? This may be real.

and even if they do decide to make an alternator prowl (very, very unlikely), it'll probably be a repaint/remould of alternator smokescreen/silverstreak

:pfx

 

Most definite option to be true should they decide to in fact release an Alternator Prowl.

 

Here's what I think that Hasbro should do in regards to the Alternator line. They should, before even start making the figure, poll the fans, and ask what figure they want, see if it's feesable, and then go from there. For example, there are two things for Alternators Sunstreaker, either repaint Dead End, or hopefully, Hasbro will reissue him repainted as Sunstreaker.

Archer stated:

doesnt look like a TF to me but thats not to say it couldnt be.

 

Archer doesnt know his arse from his elbow (blue tracks, how many they were going to make, `Windchargers` name etc) and just cos he has no plans that he is"willing to talk of" doesnt mean anything. I also suspect he has very very little (if anything) to do with Takaras designs for the BTs, if it was a US led venture the first (and 3rd) wouldnt have been the subaru which is largely unknown in the US. Archer likes to appear to have his finger in all the pies which is just not the case, he professed to creating the Alts in an interview some time back as he once said "We talked about how cool it would be to make TFs from actually cars".WOW what a visionary, he must have created G1 too, oh and I claim to have created the alts along with 99.9% of the fandom who also `had this idea` ;)

 

I hope that isnt the Acura we will get :( its such a plain car

I 100 percent.....agree with you. I remember when the masterpiece figure was the hot topic at the time and there was an interview with AA saying that it was his IDEAL to have megatron included. It is hard for me to buy that comment since Takara has been pumping megs in gun mode with Prime for years before the fig was created. I think AA wants more credit than he deserves.

 

Remember his comment on no "reused molds" in Armada or the no plans in bring Fort Max in Robot in Disguise? There are other things he said that proved otherwise. If he was head of TF, why did he didn't catch the Ratchet name on Universe Prowl(which suppose to be Red alert.) Some might be last minute changes, but I think some is that he is talkin out of his ass.

Archer has nothing to do with Alternators though, they're completely Takara. Hasbro just imports the molds.

Actually if I remember correctly its been stated that there are 2 designers that come up with all the Alternator/Binaltech designs and transformation schemes- one American and one Japanese.

 

pike

 

http://www.zincpanic.com/view_series.phtml?characters=18257

 

Kobayashi Hironori is obviously Japanese.

 

And "Abiko Kazutami" doesn't sound that American either...

I think I recall at TFormers or somewhere where they interview some japanese guy on some magazine, saying that he designed the Car robots Prowl, MP prime, and sideswipe binaltech. He said they were help with America (I assume he meant DW since they were clearly involve in the concept art.)

Remember how the ehobby figs were photoshopped, but they were official? This may be real.

ehobby's photoshops are just recolors of previous toys. No photoshop of brand new molds.

Like The BumbleBee at Hasbros News Site?

Where?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.