Alternator Prowl

bigds9fan

I think he was Shockwave's much less intimidating cousin or something.

Thats a great line ;)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure this has been said (I haven't been here in a while, and I can't just sit through 12 pages of posts!), but whatever Hasbro does, we will NOT get a better Prowl mold than Silverstreak. I'm sorry, but we just won't. Call him Checkpoint or something. Whatever. Just give me a plain old repaint. Nothing else will make a better Prowl than that.

I'm sure this has been said (I haven't been here in a while, and I can't just sit through 12 pages of posts!), but whatever Hasbro does, we will NOT get a better Prowl mold than Silverstreak. I'm sorry, but we just won't. Call him Checkpoint or something. Whatever. Just give me a plain old repaint. Nothing else will make a better Prowl than that.

Even though I was a week away from starting a Siverstreak -> Prowl repaint when Nevermore posted this news on his site, I would have to admit there *is* a chance they could make a better version with this mold, as long as it had an equally cartoon/comic-accurate head (Bluestreak and Prowl shared several variations), an appropriate black & white paint scheme, and a transformation close to the original in terms of configuration.

As a 2-door, the RSX is techincally closer to a Fairlady Z than a Impreza, a new mold would likely have better engineering than the first BT/alt, and he doesn't *necessarily* have to have the same body as 'Streak & Smokes. On the other hand one could rationalize it would have made more sense from a cost & resource standpoint to not spend time engineering new molds for figures that don't need them (especially ones they said they didn't originally intend to make; didn't we all expect an official Prowl to be a store-exclusive at best?).

I'll go ahead with the Impreza WRX repaint anyway if the Acura doesn't end up with a better likeness.

• 3 months later...

I wish they would make an Alternator 350Z in Black.  Maybe an 05 GTO alternator would be cool.  Heck even the Shelby Cobra concept.  I really want an RX-7 Alternator.  Make it the Innocent Blue Bathurst Type-R RX-7.

• 3 weeks later...

:bump Okay. Why havent we seen In box Prowl yet? Decepticharge and Prowl were shown close to the same time but DC's box was shown like 2 months ago.

Maybe they are trying to space out the figures. 

We saw Decepticharge protos long before we saw Prowl protos.

The only difference is that Prowl was also shown at ToyFair.

We've only recently seen the first fully colored test shots. In-box leakage should be in somewhen between now and, dunno, August?

We saw Decepticharge protos long before we saw Prowl protos.

The only difference is that Prowl was also shown at ToyFair.

We've only recently seen the first fully colored test shots. In-box leakage should be in somewhen between now and, dunno, August?

Yeah the Decepticharge figures were all over long before toy fair, the Prowl they had on display was a hand painted hardcopy, its possible the molds hadnt even been created at this stage, I wonder why Ironhide wasnt shown as the timelines are similar.

Archived