Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm and Possibly Soundwave Available for Purchase On Ebay NOW!!!

BaCon

MP Optimus last year started at $100, and had got up to around $130 by the time all the stock was depleted finally. Thundercracker too started at $60 I believe and hit $85 before the end. When TRU sees a good selling collector focus item, they crank up the price. There is actually a company policy in place to give individual stores the freedom to do that, and it seems to extend to the website arm too.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I've been utterly PISSED all day. Stayed up til about 2:30 waiting on this thing, went to bed, got up @ 6:30...acted like it took my order, input cc & everything, hit submit, then said I had nothing in my cart...no submission, no confirmation, nada. So, missed him.

Another friend from work got up to run @ 4:30am, happened to check, snagged him!

Went by my local TRU (actually, stood at the door until they opened), nothing...nothing showed up in their system, and they weren't even able to see if surrounding stores had any stock.

Called TRU around lunch and was told by a sales rep: '1000 of them went on sale @ 4:30am & sold out in under a half-hour!' They have no idea when Hasbro will supply more.

SUCK @$$! And please...I don't want to hear the, 'oh, I got mine!' crowd. Not today... :emo

FYI, the eBay douches are selling them for $250 a pop! Makes me... :puke

Haven't been this ticked in a while...

I'm pissed right there with you. I messaged TRU by FB to let them know how messed up it is to sell only a limited quantity and got the EXACT same copy and paste answer as that screen shot above. I can wait until August, but again, are they only going to have a limited amount and jack he price up?

Here is my original message to TRU:

"Thanks Toys R Us for again making a fiasco with the release of the Masterpiece Transformers. Did you all not learn anything when you released the MP Optimus Prime? You shouldn't put something out in limited quantities when you know it's highly anticipated and will sell out in 30 minutes. And your stores are pathetic for quantities and selection."

Here is their response:

"Hi Tim! Thank you for contacting Toys“R”Us regarding the online release of the TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Soundwave from Hasbro.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience regarding this release. Limited quantities of the TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Soundwave were made available online this morning in conjunction with International Comic-Con in San Diego. Due to high demand, this item is currently sold out, but is expected to be available in our U.S. stores and again online at Toysrus.com by late August."

Ok, if this is what the 'regular' retail will be, I'm calming down...

"#9 TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE Action Figure

Available exclusively at Toys “R” Us in North America and Asia, this Masterpiece SOUNDWAVE figure features the tremendously popular, high ranking DECEPTICON Communications Officer with all five cassette minions. Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of TRANSFORMERS with SOUNDWAVE and all his despicable minions. (Approximate Retail Price: $69.99)"

http://TFormers.com/transformers-sdcc-2013-transformers-products-press/20769/news.html

This was released AFTER the 4:30am frenzy.

i hope by august, they'll have this crap figured out and learn from the OP 2.0 disaster

Archived