Please,check out,my TF recolored toy idea.

Shadowpanther

actually..the smaller one was released first in japan..the larger leader one came afterwards in america...i still have the TRU exclusive 2pack in the box..both of them where originally Japan only Takara molds thats hasbro decided to pick up near the end of the energon line..there is a sticker on the box promoting the fact that they are japanese toys.

actually..the smaller one was released first in japan..the larger leader one came afterwards in america...i still have the TRU exclusive 2pack in the box..both of them where originally Japan only Takara molds thats hasbro decided to pick up near the end of the energon line..there is a sticker on the box promoting the fact that they are japanese toys.

I'm not a newbie,I've been on the TF internet since 1997. I visit all the main TF news sites & forums. I was a completist with the Armada,Energon & Cybertron toy lines. until I sold & got rid of about 70% of the AEC toy lines.

I'm fully aware That Takara in Japan released the super-link ultra sized megatron,the super-link ultra sized galvatron. then months later Takara released the Hasbro version of the energon Super/leader sized megatron/galvatron toy in japan in the same exact hasbro box,placed a takara sticker on it & referred to it as a "USA Special edition. Takara has done this before & after by using hasbro TF toy boxes,placing a takara japanese sticker on it & calling it a "USA Special edition."

As far as hasbro goes,yes Hasbro released Energon super/leader sized Optimus Prime first in the first wave assortment boxes. then later waves had one super sized megatron & one super sized optimus in the box. later waves had energon super sized galvatron & a powerlinx recolor of super sized optimus in the box.

Toys R Us released a verse two pack of energon ultra sized megatron & deluxe optimus. the toy sold for $19.99. which I thought was very cheap. basically we got two energon toys that totaled $35 but TRU & hasbro only charged us $19.99. these were the good o'l days when store exclusives were beyond cheap & toys r us didn't charge insanely high prices for TF store exclusives. I'm aware these were Takara super-link exclusive toys.

Hasbro never sold the super-link ultra sized galvatron toy in america or to other countries hasbro sells toys to.

For the Cybertron 2005 toy line. hasbro did the same exact thing. by doing another verse two pack by offering voyager sized vector prime & a takara exclusive voyager starscream toy mold in red thrust colors. I don't remember the toys R us price tag for this item.

Offering Takara Japanese exclusive toys as store exclusives is nothing new. Magmatron was sold in the dinobots label/packaging & was sold as a Hasbro target store exclusive. TRU sold a super sized car robots Black convoy called RID Scourge. Target or walmart sold a bwneo bigconvoy recolored black with blood on the toy,can't remember the name.

look, when you think of scaling down or scaling up, you need to this not just the outside mold, you need to think inside the figure, like with electronics. I mean, look at the Two Cybertrons Starcreams and Two Energon Megatron. Both have a SIMULAR Design and Transformation, but are the same mold, especially with the electronics inside. The Leader Energon Megatron had some lights and sound that the voyager could now have. ( Same with starscream ) Therefore, it's not that simple to just change the scale of the mold....

look, when you think of scaling down or scaling up, you need to this not just the outside mold, you need to think inside the figure, like with electronics. I mean, look at the Two Cybertrons Starcreams and Two Energon Megatron. Both have a SIMULAR Design and Transformation, but are the same mold, especially with the electronics inside. The Leader Energon Megatron had some lights and sound that the voyager could now have. ( Same with starscream ) Therefore, it's not that simple to just change the scale of the mold....

I agree with you on the electronics. A figure like cybertron leader sized megatron would be a royal challene to shrink down to voyager size because 25% of the mold has electronics in it.

Energon leader & ultra sized megatron didn't have any internal electronics in them. the tank drone had all the electronics/light up stuff in it & was a external accessory.

Obviously when upsizing & down sizing it makes sense to do this with TF toys that have no electronics in them.

Archived