Should War For/Fall Of Cybertron & TF Prime be separated?

Goktimus Prime

WFC/FOC & TF Prime Continuity Family/Families  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should War For/Fall Of Cybertron & TF Prime be separated?

• Yes
    • No

However, Megatron was called Megatronus, Optimus was called Orion Pax, and Dark Energon was referred to as the Blood of Unicron in the Transformers novel Exodus: The History of the War for Cybertron. The book predates the TF Prime series and, in my opinion at least, was meant to bridge the gap between the games and the show.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't recall those things in WFC either, with the possible exception of Dark Energon being the Blood of Unicron. Not sure. It's been a year and a half since I beat the campaign. I was talking about the overarching continuity as a multimedia event since the thread questions the validity of game and show existing in the same universe. The original post does neglect to mention the novels as a part of the same continuity, but that is an oversight I'm trying to correct since they account for a significant part of the overall story.

So yeah, while you're most likely right about the game itself, there's two other forms of media to consider.

Yes. Hell, the design aesthetics alone already separate the two. Can you imagine WFC/FOC toys as part of the Transformers Prime toy line? How do you even cross promote the two when they are just so very different? Is anyone going to even care about a connection between the video games and Transformers Prime? Why even bother? Hasbro should let them exist in their own continuities. Let the video games be in their pseudo pre-G1 universe and let Transformers: Prime occupy its own universe. They don't need to be together.

I agree. But adding on I wouldn't mind if it was a shared continuity as in the events of WFC/FOC both took place in Prime and it's originally intended continuity (G1).

However, Megatron was called Megatronus, Optimus was called Orion Pax, and Dark Energon was referred to as the Blood of Unicron in the Transformers novel Exodus: The History of the War for Cybertron. The book predates the TF Prime series and, in my opinion at least, was meant to bridge the gap between the games and the show.

I attended Botcon 2010 where they showed some of those original 13 characters including Megatronus. It was my understanding that Megatronus became The Fallen and Megatron later adopted the name for his own.

I didn't know that the original Megatronus became The Fallen (makes sense though) but I did know he was a Prime.

War For Cybertron, and the Upcoming Fall Of Cybertron, yes would be better off if they were their own continuity. Cause Prime directly contradicts WFC and FOC. But That has never stopped Hasbro before. So they decided it would be better if the WFC/FOC were a part of Prime.

And yes Megatronus did become the Fallen. And Megatron took his name from Megatronus

It could be worse... We could have the Japanese continuity.

But I like the G1 Japanese Continuity, Beast Wars Continuity, and All the others. Though they did screw up with Galaxy Force

Archived