Should War For/Fall Of Cybertron & TF Prime be separated?

Goktimus Prime

WFC/FOC & TF Prime Continuity Family/Families  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should War For/Fall Of Cybertron & TF Prime be separated?

• Yes
    • No

As we all know, officially War For Cybertron, Fall Of Cybertron and Transformers Prime are part of the same continuity... which many fans don't feel comfortable with and say that it feels "shoe-horned" into the one continuity family.

So the question is -- are you happy with having WFC/FOC and TF Prime currently existing in the same continuity, or would you rather they separate them? WFC/FOC as one continuity and TF Prime as another. Does it matter? Well it can. Apparently the designers for Fall Of Cybertron had some issues getting Hasbro to approve the Dinobots for the game because Hasbro wasn't happy with the way it may conflict with Transformers Prime continuity -- so the FOC creative team had to come up with a detailed explanation for how the Dinobots could exist without conflicting with Transformers Prime. In the end it looks like they managed to succeed, but it was still a hurdle that they had to jump over which would not have existed if Hasbro allowed WFC/FOC to exist as a separate continuity-family from TF Prime. Who knows what other cool ideas might have been rejected by Hasbro for Fall Of Cybertron because of potential conflicts with TF Prime?

Vote! :D

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Hell, the design aesthetics alone already separate the two. Can you imagine WFC/FOC toys as part of the Transformers Prime toy line? How do you even cross promote the two when they are just so very different? Is anyone going to even care about a connection between the video games and Transformers Prime? Why even bother? Hasbro should let them exist in their own continuities. Let the video games be in their pseudo pre-G1 universe and let Transformers: Prime occupy its own universe. They don't need to be together.

Nope, I'm good with the games, novels, and TF Prime all being part of the same continuity. If that means the writers have to be a little more creative, so be it.

I have said it before - I give up on continuity. We have comics, old cartoons, new cartoons, movies, and games to consider now. I still havent watched an episode of Prime after the premier episodes, so I dont have much of an opinion on the story line that the show is taking. But I think Mikeprime has the whole thing summed up with just the character design thing. Comparing WFC and Prime is apples and oranges. They would be better off separate.

Personally, I got sick of new continuities being started for each new show with Marvel cartoons years ago. There were/are 4 X-Men, 4 Spider-man, 3 Ironman, 2 Fantastic Four, 2 Avengers, ect. That's just cartoons, never mind video games and other media. I know some of these overlap but it's still ridiculous. I'd hate to see the same thing happen with Transformers. Hasbro stated they weren't concerned with continuity matching up perfectly so long as the story was good. Well, I'm enjoying the story, so that's good enough for me.

If people are really stuck up with continuity issues, then they can just do what normal people do. create your own by mixing and matching continuities. This thread is irrelevant since Hasbro has already stated its a single continuity and they already screwed up any possibility of combining it to G1.

And within 5 years it will be retroed into another preexisting continuity for no reason. So enjoy the game, the story and toys

You know, TF Prime and WFC/FOC may be somewhat similar but they are different. The design for cybertron is the same in both, but Optimus Prime was never called Orion in WFC. Also in WFC, megatron never wanted to be a prime. There was never a Unicron in WFC, and in conclusion, Megatron was never called Megatronas in WFC.

Archived