Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IKEA Detolf Glass Case

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about picking up a few of these when they are back in stock at my local IKEA in 2 weeks. Does anyone here currently use them? What do you guys think? I looked on eBay and i'm able to buy locks for them too so they'll be protected further from little hands and adventurous animals. Let me know what you guys think.

 

IKEA Detolf

 

detolf-glass-door-cabinet__72928_PE189178_S4.jpg

What is the sell price? I don't have an Ikea within 60mi of me, so I don't know what their pricing is like. I DO know that they have questionable quality, so I would be worried about construction quality and durability.

That is a nice display case. And for the price, that isn't bad at all. I may have to look into a couple of those when it comes time to upgrade my museum.

people use these all over the place. Your ikea is getting them in 2 weeks??? My Ikea person told me they weren't sure when they would be getting them back in stock because the company that makes them has to make the product to Ikea's standards, which is why they had stopped carrying them temporarily in the first place. I hope you're right in that they will be getting these back in the next couple of weeks as I have been waiting forever to get my hands on a few of them for myself.

  • Author

people use these all over the place. Your ikea is getting them in 2 weeks??? My Ikea person told me they weren't sure when they would be getting them back in stock because the company that makes them has to make the product to Ikea's standards, which is why they had stopped carrying them temporarily in the first place. I hope you're right in that they will be getting these back in the next couple of weeks as I have been waiting forever to get my hands on a few of them for myself.

 

Plug your zip code in on the ikea website and it should give you an estimate of when more arrive. I also submitted my email to receive a notification when they arrive. Use the link i supplied above to go right to the product page.

 

That is a nice display case. And for the price, that isn't bad at all. I may have to look into a couple of those when it comes time to upgrade my museum.

 

Thats my plan right now. I've acquired a lot of nice pieces in the last year and i need to showcase them off more than on a bookshelf.

 

What is the sell price? I don't have an Ikea within 60mi of me, so I don't know what their pricing is like. I DO know that they have questionable quality, so I would be worried about construction quality and durability.

 

I love ikea. The entertainment center i use is from there not to mention 3 media book shelfs, 1 1/2 size media book shelf, and 4 lamps are from there. They have a cafeteria with many delicious items.

 

I recommend the meatballs whole heartedly to anyone that goes to ikea.

 

I don't have a Ikea with any distance to me, but a friend of mine on AiM swears by them.

 

This site has a pretty good tutorial about making the Detolf better at resisting dust. http://www.figure.fm/post/en/1428/DETOLF+Dust+Resistance+Method.html

 

I'll for sure will be looking at this once i pick up these cases.

post-23545-078222300 1313930010.jpg

We have an IKEA in Milton Keynes over here in the UK which stock the DETOLF glass display cabinets and also the optional light fitting which sets the whols thing off really well in my opinion?

 

I bought a 2 pack of lights as I intend to pick up another cabinet after pay day!

 

Here's a quick pic of my cabinet! :tfpwn

  • Author

Thats sweet. i'm sold. My IKEA will have some in stock on wednesday. pretty stoked.

  • Author

Just received an in stock notification from my IKEA. I won't be getting back home until tomorrow and i'm not able to make the drive out to the IKEA until friday with my lady.

  • 1 month later...

Hey, was wondering if you ever actually got the detolf cabinets from your ikea or not? My store keeps telling me the same thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.