Angry Hasbro Rant

madman1366

Hasbro does a poor marketing job in my opinion. Why else would they take some of the most desirable figures and put them at the tail end of the release schedule, knowing there'd be a potential conflict with DOTM?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasbro does a poor marketing job in my opinion. Why else would they take some of the most desirable figures and put them at the tail end of the release schedule, knowing there'd be a potential conflict with DOTM?

To keep interest in the line? Maybe they don't really know which figures will hit big? I'm not sure. I do know I've gone looking for a figure and not found it and ended up picking up something I wasn't previously interested in just because it was there and I felt I needed to get something or it was on sale. Maybe they thought the shelves would be clear by now when they made the release schedule? Maybe they hoped Easter would clear the shelves (it did a bit)? Maybe they hope the new movie hype will increase sales in all the lines? Maybe they hate us? Who knows.

I have also been searching locally relentlessly for the past 4 months. I happened to find Jazz late last year at Kmart. When I went to purchase it I went through a hassel because the item was not on file. I figured that maybe it was put on the shelf before it's official release. But last week I happened to find Kup at a local Meijer store and again, the item was not on file! WTF?!!!

During my search I noticed that there were zero RtS figures at target. Now the "unteresting" figures made there way there finally as clearance items!!!! This has just been ridiculous.

I happened to also find a Tracks figure at a Walgreens when I went to Walgreens in Florida. I'm glad I didn't Pick it up. Your better off putting the extra $20 on the Takara version.

I totally saw this coming since from last time (just before ROTF). I was never able to get Ratchet or Hot Shot so I knew Hasbro was full of it this time. Instead, I preordered the Thundercracker, Warpath, and Wheeljack trio on BBTS. Still not shipped yet so I'm getting a little anxious.

Question:

Do we know if there is a possibility that BBTS would cancel my preorder or am I just being paranoid?

I totally saw this coming since from last time (just before ROTF). I was never able to get Ratchet or Hot Shot so I knew Hasbro was full of it this time. Instead, I preordered the Thundercracker, Warpath, and Wheeljack trio on BBTS. Still not shipped yet so I'm getting a little anxious.

Question:

Do we know if there is a possibility that BBTS would cancel my preorder or am I just being paranoid?

Hey Quaterion,

You should get your pre-orders I did the same thing and I do have them.

Anyway who with in Hasbro decides what figure and how many of that figure goes into a case? That person/persons need to go out and look at all the stores to see whats still on the shelf and what is not. Also I think Hasbro needs to STOP showing us all these new figures that MIGHT come out and ONLY show us the new figures that WILL coming out.

You do realize how unreasonable this would be? Many areas sell differently. You can't expect someone to fly all around the country checking every store in all regions just so you get the toys you want. Hasbro looks at slaes numbers and shipping numbers and predicts marketing strategies 6 months to a year in advance. It's a gamble, but as long as they clear production costs they consider it profitable, whether they toys get sold in walmart, target, trus, marshalls or tjmaxx. Hasbro shows the fans previews because the fans demand it, it gives them an advance idea of collector interest and hell it's advertising. But if you don't go out an buy the hell out of a certain line or wave, well things get canceled. It's not Hasbro hating on you personally. It's business, and business is part risk and part risk management. You also have to factor in the wildcard of kids. Hasbro has a decent idea of what collectors want. The fandom is very vocal about it and practically does the market research for Hasbro for free, but you can never gauge what kids are or aren't going to buy.

Ok you make some good points. Kids are a wildcard but when figures are scanned at a checkout there is an item code that gets recorded. Why can't Hasbro come up with some way to track these codes to see what is selling. Some stores are starting to track these code on clothing items for themselves, if Hasbro would ask some of these stores to track the codes and send them a report I feel those store would be happy to help them out.

Question:

You sure you don;t have Pile of Loot on? It's the only reason I haven't shipped out my Warpath yet as I am still waiting on United Frenzy/Rumble to come in. Also, Perfect Effect Scout Force, which came in today. woohoo!

Question:

You sure you don;t have Pile of Loot on? It's the only reason I haven't shipped out my Warpath yet as I am still waiting on United Frenzy/Rumble to come in. Also, Perfect Effect Scout Force, which came in today. woohoo!

Yes i do but if you look at them on the site right now link, the trio are a preorder set for may now. i probably ordered them later than others? it was set for april when i ordered.

Question:

Yes i do but if you look at them on the site right now link, the trio are a preorder set for may now. i probably ordered them later than others? it was set for april when i ordered.

I'm sure you'll get them like I said I got mine. I just told them to ship my loot, the only thing in there was Warpath. I have noticed that if you order them as singles they come in faster of course its a little more money to do it that way but to me its worth it

Ok you make some good points. Kids are a wildcard but when figures are scanned at a checkout there is an item code that gets recorded. Why can't Hasbro come up with some way to track these codes to see what is selling. Some stores are starting to track these code on clothing items for themselves, if Hasbro would ask some of these stores to track the codes and send them a report I feel those store would be happy to help them out.

I think they do look at those numbers. I'm sure there's atleast one person to crunch those numbers just for the transformers line in the US, if not a whole dept. But really once it's out of their warehouses they've been paid by retailers, so it's retailers responsibility to make their own money back from buying they toys off Hasbro. I'm sure Hasbro is invested in keeping the lines going and keeping retailers and buyers happy, but again alot of it is a estimated risk not a guarantee.

Archived