When Did Prices Drop On Gen 1 Figures

Dark_Supreme_Jetfire

Maybe, I don't really know too much about that one haha. I didn't even know he existed until not too long ago, Cryo Scourge slipped under my radar. Though I can say having one of the mold is enough. I wish he would've been a little more articulated.

I paid $29 total for Cryo Scourge last year, and for me? I decide how much I am going to spend on a figure before I go on eBay to search for him. But to me? Cryo Scourge even MISB is worth maybe $40. It is funny how figures from Energon and Cybertron are priced beyond vintage G1 MISB most of the time.

I do have 3 versions of the mold now, Scourge, Cryo Scourge, and Predacon Bruticus. It is one of the best molds to come out of Cybertron, while most Energon molds are crap

Do the Energon/Cybertron transformers really go for more than G1 stuff? I never would've guessed that. Especially since the A/E/C continuity is one of the most hated story wise haha.I guess it's lucky then that I was most heavily in to collecting at that point so I got the stuff that's going for more money now at retail price when they first came out.

Only a handful of A/E/C stuff goes for a good amount of money. Nothing in Armada stands out. Energon you have Beachcomber, Grimlock/Swoop, Ultra Magnus, Star Saber...if you have them MISB you can get a pretty penny for them, especially Beachcomber. As for Cybertron you have Galvatron which looks more like Megatron, Menasor wasn't seen much either. So if you had those 2 MISB you could prolly get a decent amount for them too.

As for any figures released since then, with exception of some Classic figures....everything is easy to come by.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I just checked this out: Punch/Counter Punch. Its official, people are insane. Asking that much for a damaged club exclusive released a year ago? WTF? This is why I despair for Transformers collecting. I hae to accept the fact that just some pieces I really want I will not be able to have...BECAUSE OF GREEDY MORONS LIKE THIS!

Maybe, I don't really know too much about that one haha. I didn't even know he existed until not too long ago, Cryo Scourge slipped under my radar. Though I can say having one of the mold is enough. I wish he would've been a little more articulated.

I paid $29 total for Cryo Scourge last year, and for me? I decide how much I am going to spend on a figure before I go on eBay to search for him. But to me? Cryo Scourge even MISB is worth maybe $40. It is funny how figures from Energon and Cybertron are priced beyond vintage G1 MISB most of the time.

I do have 3 versions of the mold now, Scourge, Cryo Scourge, and Predacon Bruticus. It is one of the best molds to come out of Cybertron, while most Energon molds are crap

Do the Energon/Cybertron transformers really go for more than G1 stuff? I never would've guessed that. Especially since the A/E/C continuity is one of the most hated story wise haha.I guess it's lucky then that I was most heavily in to collecting at that point so I got the stuff that's going for more money now at retail price when they first came out.

Only a handful of A/E/C stuff goes for a good amount of money. Nothing in Armada stands out. Energon you have Beachcomber, Grimlock/Swoop, Ultra Magnus, Star Saber...if you have them MISB you can get a pretty penny for them, especially Beachcomber. As for Cybertron you have Galvatron which looks more like Megatron, Menasor wasn't seen much either. So if you had those 2 MISB you could prolly get a decent amount for them too.

As for any figures released since then, with exception of some Classic figures....everything is easy to come by.

Sorry, but the ones you named just keep getting put back on eBay with their crazy BIN's. Where in the actual auction. I have only seen Ultra Magnus, Grimlock and Swoop MISB go for more then $30

Sorry, but the ones you named just keep getting put back on eBay with their crazy BIN's. Where in the actual auction. I have only seen Ultra Magnus, Grimlock and Swoop MISB go for more then $30

Ah, well it has been awhile since i've checked A/E/C prices...I just remember those pieces used to go for high amounts. Anywho this topic was originally about G1 figures...guess we've all gotten off track.

Ah, well it has been awhile since i've checked A/E/C prices...I just remember those pieces used to go for high amounts. Anywho this topic was originally about G1 figures...guess we've all gotten off track.

That must have been when Energon was canceled, and yeah this was originally about G1 figures but it was destined to go off track

Man I just checked this out: Punch/Counter Punch. Its official, people are insane. Asking that much for a damaged club exclusive released a year ago? WTF? This is why I despair for Transformers collecting. I hae to accept the fact that just some pieces I really want I will not be able to have...BECAUSE OF GREEDY MORONS LIKE THIS!

It's not even a good toy. Still, the only insanity is if someone actually pays that much for it.

Yeah, this is the only figure I am missing to complete Classics/Universe/Generations at the time being, but i'll be damned if I pay an arm and a leg for that figure.

Yeah, this is the only figure I am missing to complete Classics/Universe/Generations at the time being, but i'll be damned if I pay an arm and a leg for that figure.

I would wait for the eventual Punch/Counterpunch to come out, with how Hasbro is going, with the Classic's, Universe 2.0, Generations, and the next one. I would say Punch is only 5 years away at most

That makes sense that prices would drop since demand has to. Unfortunately the stuff I am missing from my G1 collection ARE the things that still command high price...like Fort Max, Bludgeon, Thunderwing, Scorponok..items of those nature. So the only way I can see prices dropping on the likes of those would be if they got reissued somehow. Although it is very unlikely since those molds...with exception of Fort MAx, are more than likely lost or broken.

Fort Max has dropped considerably compared to what i paid for mine 10 years ago. a complete Fort Max used to run between $600 to $1000 easily. Now, the prices barely reach $500 for complete ones.

Prices are dropping across the board in the auctions. While those that do only BIN's seem to be going up and getting relisted because no one is going to pay the crazy prices. Most the sellers it seems do not understand people preference of wanting and finding the cheapest item.

Archived