Hasbro Responds to Spastic Character

Peter_Van

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just rename the figure for the UK market and be done. This happens all the time already from the Japanese Market to the US......why is this any different? Especially given the connotation that the word applies it the UK.

Change and adapt to the market your in? The one I like to reference is the name LaCrosse in Canada is a slang term for masterbation. Here is my reference No Buick LaCrosse for Canada

What they have to reprint the marketing material again...they already do that anyways because of the tri-language packaging....what they can't edit the Illustrator file and change the name before hitting print? :roll

I think the real problem here is, why the hell didn't Hasbro call this toy Decepticon Dragstrip?

...or even Stunticon Dragstrip. Almost too easy...

I think the real problem here is, why the hell didn't Hasbro call this toy Decepticon Dragstrip?

I think, as with the other PCC guys (for the most part), they are trying to make some new characters. Which is a positive for me. I admit, I like Spastic as a name. It sounds like a late G1 name. Shame how it translates. Much like Slag, which can e used as a curse on TF, but not a toy.

Well global translations can be tricky, as long as the name changes before it hits our shores I'm fine with it, it keeps the world an interesting place. As long as Hasbro never releases an Autobot Fanny Pack in the UK it's all cool. ;D

Man, I'm kinda hoping for some differences in US and UK releases. Makes things fun.

Seems Hasbro is playing the percentages. Sales of products vs. monies paid out on lawsuits brought on by butt hurt consumers over a poorly named item.

Can't say I blame them but I can say "Do a little research guys, K?"

They don't know how to research, google Nexus Maximus with safe mode off. :tfevil

The UK meaning of the word is clearly a slang usage, as the word means what it means in English and they obviously speak English across the pond.

An uproar over this is silly. Anyone offended by this name should blame the idiots who made the slang usage of the word common in their region, not Hasbro for choosing a perfectly reasonable name for this transformer.

Archived