Hasbro Responds to Spastic Character

Peter_Van

The UK meaning of the word is clearly a slang usage, as the word means what it means in English and they obviously speak English across the pond.

An uproar over this is silly. Anyone offended by this name should blame the idiots who made the slang usage of the word common in their region, not Hasbro for choosing a perfectly reasonable name for this transformer.

So you would be happy with a robot called Retard or N!g*a ??

Sory but Hasbro is a big company with some level of sense calling the robot that is just moronic, its like calling a bot Herpes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What TF mold doesnt get used twice or more? It's like finding a four leaf clover.

It's times like these where I'm glad I currently no longer have those completist urges.

I've been considering PCC part of the new Prime continuity unless otherwise told. It fits in pretty easily.

I see your point in that most molds do have redecos but usually it isn't as rapid and as rampant, with the exception of the seekers. And you'd be surprised to see how many molds remain as originals...But moreover I was using this to prove this as a sub-series of the ROTF sharing the same relation as the first movie and the RGR. And really there is NOTHING connecting them to the Prime continuity other than the fact that they are transformers, lol. ;)

I guess if the people using the slang words are the ones buying the TF's it would make a difference. What the heck is a Slag slang for anyways? I think of a stalagmite when I see that.... :tfevil

H.

Screw the UK. We lost the Dinobot name of Slag because of them.

I agree!

So because of their bitching we do not get this great set in Europe? That is fucked up man!

Europe doesn't get a lot of good stuff in the first place.

That's correct & often there are minor name amendments and packaging changes anyway... if you look at the instructions on many of the European transformers the foreign names are slightly silly/rude words in English. It'll get released here but the name 'spastic' will be relegated to flipside of the manual.

I guess if the people using the slang words are the ones buying the TF's it would make a difference. What the heck is a Slag slang for anyways? I think of a stalagmite when I see that.... :tfevil

Slag = Slut/Whore... that's a translation, not my opinion on how dinobots spend their free time. :D

What TF mold doesnt get used twice or more? It's like finding a four leaf clover.

It's times like these where I'm glad I currently no longer have those completist urges.

I've been considering PCC part of the new Prime continuity unless otherwise told. It fits in pretty easily.

It's also Movieverse, since Smolder showed up in the Cybermissions mini animations.

Seeing as movieverse Lockdown is also G1 Lockdown, looks like anything works anywhere.

I see your point in that most molds do have redecos but usually it isn't as rapid and as rampant, with the exception of the seekers. And you'd be surprised to see how many molds remain as originals...But moreover I was using this to prove this as a sub-series of the ROTF sharing the same relation as the first movie and the RGR. And really there is NOTHING connecting them to the Prime continuity other than the fact that they are transformers, lol. ;)

Nothing set in stone, no. And Smolder also has appeared in the movieverse as well. However, Seeing as Mini-Cons and Deployers are part of the Prime continuity fictionally (as well as the sandbox style fiction Prime seems to have), they ease on in. That and Prime universe doesnt have a standard look. So they could work. It really doesnt matter, but until I'm officially given a designation for them, I'm assuming Prime.

After all, everything rebooted except for movie stuff, and they're isnt any Dreamworks logos on PCC.

It's also Movieverse, since Smolder showed up in the Cybermissions mini animations.

Seeing as movieverse Lockdown is also G1 Lockdown, looks like anything works anywhere.

Nothing set in stone, no. And Smolder also has appeared in the movieverse as well. However, Seeing as Mini-Cons and Deployers are part of the Prime continuity fictionally (as well as the sandbox style fiction Prime seems to have), they ease on in. That and Prime universe doesnt have a standard look. So they could work. It really doesnt matter, but until I'm officially given a designation for them, I'm assuming Prime.

After all, everything rebooted except for movie stuff, and they're isnt any Dreamworks logos on PCC.

LOL. You'll be flying that flag for a LOOOOOONG time then as Hasbro hardly ever comes out to specify between lines now that it has multiple running at once , afterall, at the end of the day it is just another toy sold to them and it doesn't matter what line they fall under. You're still missing the point... All I was trying to prove is why the quality of the PCC was so poor by proving that it is a sub-series of the ROTF. You classify them in whatever fashion helps you sleep at night but resource-wise, that's where the money to produce these things comes from. Simple Logistics, regardless of how you arrange them on YOUR shelf.:roll

The UK meaning of the word is clearly a slang usage, as the word means what it means in English and they obviously speak English across the pond.

An uproar over this is silly. Anyone offended by this name should blame the idiots who made the slang usage of the word common in their region, not Hasbro for choosing a perfectly reasonable name for this transformer.

So you would be happy with a robot called Retard or N!g*a ??

Sory but Hasbro is a big company with some level of sense calling the robot that is just moronic, its like calling a bot Herpes.

The word herpes by itself isn't an insult or taunt, though. A single word, used on its own and directed at somebody, would be.

LOL. You'll be flying that flag for a LOOOOOONG time then as Hasbro hardly ever comes out to specify between lines now that it has multiple running at once , afterall, at the end of the day it is just another toy sold to them and it doesn't matter what line they fall under. You're still missing the point... All I was trying to prove is why the quality of the PCC was so poor by proving that it is a sub-series of the ROTF. You classify them in whatever fashion helps you sleep at night but resource-wise, that's where the money to produce these things comes from. Simple Logistics, regardless of how you arrange them on YOUR shelf.:roll

So for that point, it really doesn't matter where they fit, then does it? So who cares, right?

How was I missing your point? You claimed them to be a sub series of ROTF and I didn't think they were. Thats not missing the point, thats difference of opinion. Quality of plastic or number of repaints isn't dictated by line or sub line or any of that. It's dictated by profit margin, and the maximizing of that potential to make profit.

Oh hey, more Seekers... ;)

Archived