Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How time has passed by

Recommended Posts

I hate using smilies, but I will for this post - He sold his collection with a G1 Sunstreaker in it?! :wat That's like throwing away an original Leonardo Da Vinci painting for some poster of a boy band! He's pretty much impossible to find in any kind of good condition!

 

he even had a japanese misb g1 blurr... he had 2 swoops, shockwave, etc...

 

i need to upload our 1998 collection when we had it displayed.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only real regret is that we didn't take better care of the original G1 figures. We played with them. There were huge battles between Autobots and Decepticons back in the day. In the room my brother and I shared, throughout the house, outside, in the pool in the backyard, at school, everywhere. Sometimes some sort of anomaly would allow the Transformers to fight alongside G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Star Trek, He-Man, and other various toys. As much as I'm glad I still have all the old figures from G1, I wish they were in better shape. I've had to repair a number of them over the years and some were just poorly designed in the first place (Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen).

 

I'm glad that the Classics/Generations line exists and brings back favorite characters from G1 in a form more suited to modern entertainment standards. I open most of my figures. I'm glad the new ones don't break when I transform them, and even if an arm pops off, it just goes right back on. The new characters are on display and remind me of the old days and the original versions of those characters and I like that mix of old and new.

 

Chris

Updated classic characters are great, but Im starting to yearn for more then G1. Cheetor and Dinobot wasnt enough. Lets get some more BW/BM in the mix. Waspinator, Tarantulus, BM Jetstorm, Rattrap (a given) and especially Rhinox.

 

I love seeing non-G1 updates of classic characters. It adds some variety to the mix but not enough. We've seen just about every figure thats going to come out of Generations/Reveal The Shield and the only ones that arent G1 updates are the 4 War For Cybertron molds (Soundwave, Megs, Prime, BB < all arguable G1 anyways) and Laser Prime.

 

Excluding Scouts/Legends of course. Im talking strictly dlx and above.

How old are you Grimlock-imus? I mean, you sonud like your about 35, and yet your first toy was Animated Grimlock? cliffjumper.gif Tfboy confused. :shrug

 

O-o

 

Umm, I'm 19, where'd you get 35 from?

 

 

And I agree with Breaker as far as Beast Wars Generation toys, I'd especially like to see them do Generations Rampage and Depthcharge, those two seemed to have the most memorable conflict to me.

 

Main thing I'm hoping for is re-releases of the Beast Wars show on DVD, the G1 re-releases have finished so hopefully BW is next.

How old are you Grimlock-imus? I mean, you sonud like your about 35, and yet your first toy was Animated Grimlock? cliffjumper.gif Tfboy confused. :shrug

 

O-o

 

Umm, I'm 19, where'd you get 35 from?

 

 

And I agree with Breaker as far as Beast Wars Generation toys, I'd especially like to see them do Generations Rampage and Depthcharge, those two seemed to have the most memorable conflict to me.

 

Main thing I'm hoping for is re-releases of the Beast Wars show on DVD, the G1 re-releases have finished so hopefully BW is next.

 

35 is the first thing that came to mind, untill you aid Animated Grimlock was your fisrt Transformer, then I became confused, no harm done, right?

 

And also, am I the only one who noticed that everything that's been going on about Transformers is relating to G1 right now? this includes things like Hasbro's "Generations" and "Reveal the Shield" toy line, as well as the G1 DVD reissues, and even the Third party companies that make and sell there own Transformers (parts). Hopfully, in a year or so, there will be more focus on Beast Wars.

How old are you Grimlock-imus? I mean, you sonud like your about 35, and yet your first toy was Animated Grimlock? cliffjumper.gif Tfboy confused. :shrug

 

O-o

 

Umm, I'm 19, where'd you get 35 from?

 

 

And I agree with Breaker as far as Beast Wars Generation toys, I'd especially like to see them do Generations Rampage and Depthcharge, those two seemed to have the most memorable conflict to me.

 

Main thing I'm hoping for is re-releases of the Beast Wars show on DVD, the G1 re-releases have finished so hopefully BW is next.

 

35 is the first thing that came to mind, untill you aid Animated Grimlock was your fisrt Transformer, then I became confused, no harm done, right?

 

And also, am I the only one who noticed that everything that's been going on about Transformers is relating to G1 right now? this includes things like Hasbro's "Generations" and "Reveal the Shield" toy line, as well as the G1 DVD reissues, and even the Third party companies that make and sell there own Transformers (parts). Hopfully, in a year or so, there will be more focus on Beast Wars.

Yeah, and for reason too. See, Transformers for some reason is not allowed to age past 1985 in a lot of peoples minds. So there is always going to be some G1 in the mix for popular consumption. Right now it's at a high, possibly for the popularity brought on by the movies.

And also, am I the only one who noticed that everything that's been going on about Transformers is relating to G1 right now? this includes things like Hasbro's "Generations" and "Reveal the Shield" toy line, as well as the G1 DVD reissues, and even the Third party companies that make and sell there own Transformers (parts). Hopfully, in a year or so, there will be more focus on Beast Wars.

Yeah, and for reason too. See, Transformers for some reason is not allowed to age past 1985 in a lot of peoples minds. So there is always going to be some G1 in the mix for popular consumption. Right now it's at a high, possibly for the popularity brought on by the movies.

That's definitely a recent trend, with the Universe/Classics/MP lines etc. If you go back to Armada/Energon/Cybertron, or indeed right back to Beast Wars/Machine Wars, it almost seemed like G1 was gone and forgotten. In many ways that was more refreshing and I kind of wish they'd ease off on the G1 reinterpretations (Perceptor as a truck? Meh) in favour of some totally different ideas.

 

After the first movie I thought we would be stuck with nothing but Bayformer toys for the next ten years, but HasTak has diversified admirably; at one point giving us Movie, Animated and Classics in parallel! And throwing in stuff like G2 Laser Prime is a nice nod too.

And also, am I the only one who noticed that everything that's been going on about Transformers is relating to G1 right now? this includes things like Hasbro's "Generations" and "Reveal the Shield" toy line, as well as the G1 DVD reissues, and even the Third party companies that make and sell there own Transformers (parts). Hopfully, in a year or so, there will be more focus on Beast Wars.

Yeah, and for reason too. See, Transformers for some reason is not allowed to age past 1985 in a lot of peoples minds. So there is always going to be some G1 in the mix for popular consumption. Right now it's at a high, possibly for the popularity brought on by the movies.

That's definitely a recent trend, with the Universe/Classics/MP lines etc. If you go back to Armada/Energon/Cybertron, or indeed right back to Beast Wars/Machine Wars, it almost seemed like G1 was gone and forgotten. In many ways that was more refreshing and I kind of wish they'd ease off on the G1 reinterpretations (Perceptor as a truck? Meh) in favour of some totally different ideas.

 

After the first movie I thought we would be stuck with nothing but Bayformer toys for the next ten years, but HasTak has diversified admirably; at one point giving us Movie, Animated and Classics in parallel! And throwing in stuff like G2 Laser Prime is a nice nod too.

I wouldn't say it's a recent trend. In AEC and RID there were G1 references a plenty in designs and such. BW/BM/MW all have their obvious ties as well. I'd just say it's reaching an all time high.

Whats wrong with 1985 huh? HUH!? Ah your right, my birth was foreshadowed in dark prophecies. Kill me! Kill me with fire!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.