Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How time has passed by

Recommended Posts

I've been a fan off and on since before I can remember. Unfortunatly I missed a fair few great lines, due to some of the low moments, of course when I had money. I really regret missing the Alternators line. Now I'm at one of my high points, and of course I don't have the money to get all the things I want. Oh well. I'm just glad for the generations line rigt now it's just fantastic. It is really bringing me back to when I was a kid in the '80s.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regret buying the whole Machine Wars line at Kay-Bee. They were on clearance so I guess that makes up for it. I also regret not buying an extra Jetfire from ROTF. I would have loved a SR-71 as a display piece.

Wow, never thought I'd see somebody regret MW!

I have regrets only when i spend too much time on forums or driving around looking for figures and spending heaps of time looking at auctions on ebay.

 

Sometimes i get a little obsessed and a little jonesy for some plasric crack and get single minded. Other times i don't really care.....well....it's not that i don't care it's just that the appetite has been abated.

 

The money spent is never an issue either because the figures i choose to buy i really like and appreciate for their ingenuity and appeal to me aesthetically so no worries there. If there is a figure later down the line that i loose the love for or really was an impulse buy because i was jonesy then i donate it to my friends kids and then it's all good.

 

I used to think i'd have girl problems with me collecting TF's but luckily i seem to hook up with some open minded women who have a good sense of humor and actually sometimes enjoy transforming a few here and there. Usually if i'm shopping with a girl and we pass a department store i go in and sometimes grab a figure. We get home and i let them open it and get first transformation. They usually like that and it doesn't show that i'm not obsessed or weird. Including the ladies into it and turning it into a bit of a game like it's a puzzle that has to be solved makes TF's a little more fun and they see the attraction. Plus all my friends love it too and NONE of them like anything remotely toy,sci-fi or fantasy related.

 

So really the only regrets i do have is the time i spend searching for stuff online or chatting on forums. I should be polishing up my carpentry skills and studying more complex math formulas and theory for the tricky shit i build. Cause i come across some serious puzzles that require i have this math down pact. Good thing i'm artistic and very creative.

I have no regrets. After g1 went off the air, I was in limbo. Then Beast wars came out. I didn't like beast wars when the toon/toys was 1st released, I resisted the animals, I wanted vehicles, and I didn't watch it at all. I eventually did watch it around the time Armada came out, and I enjoyed it because I was ready to. ARRRRGH! I do have 1 regret! Not buying RID Ultra Magnus on clearance at KB! That just popped in my head and that pains me! One of my favorite characters.

Me, I've been around since the end of Beast Wars if I'm not mistaken. Beast Machines was the first show I watched. It wasn't until RiD I got serious.

 

Damn I was young. Now I've seen every series and movie in the franchise (Except Prime and DoTM) and own quite a few figures (the luckiest finds being Armada Unicron, Beast Wars Megatron *Original* and G1 Trypticon- All second hand and incomplete *Unicron had Dead End and his planet parts, BW Megs, when I got my first one, he was missing half of his mutant helmet, both missiles and the flap to hide his head when in dino mode, the other I got had everything sans missiles. Trypticon was only the base, no Battery door, Full-Tilt or Brunt*. Still have them BTW)

My biggest regret is letting my parents give away all my G1 TFs(Jetfire I'm sorry).I regret buying any Beast series TFs I started collecting again in 2000 and couldn't help backtracking. I also regret Not getting the Classics Skywarp+Magnus pack not knowing about the FP trailer set until too late. Pain follows my decision to buy Cybertron OP for my kids(currently dismembered) and neglecting myself. All fails, but plenty of good purchases have since compensated. :tfgrin

Although TFs are pretty much my favorite thing ever, I do have a few regrets:

 

1) I wish I had taken a pass on the entire toyline from the 1st movie. Aside from Blackout, Bonecrusher and a few of the Real Gear figures, I really could have saved my money here.

 

2) I wish I had been more judicious in my purchases from the ROTF toyline. Did I really need Voyager Screamer, DLX Jolt, Sideways, or any of the Wheelsnakes? Did I really need another BB DLX mold? Did I really need HA Swiper or Muddy? Or DLX Rampage? Did I? It's kind of sad with regards to the disparity I perceive personally in the quality of the toys--I have no regrets with any TFA purchase or any of the toys that have come out in about the last 5 months.

 

3) I regret not jumping on the TFA bandwagon sooner. I dismissed it as kiddie fare, and it ended up being the single most relevant manifestation of the G1 mythos I've ever seen.*

 

(*notes that I have not yet immersed myself in the Beast Wars mythos)

 

4) I regret not EVER giving Beast Wars a chance.

 

5) I regret not getting to see Transformers: The Movie in theaters. I was set to go, I lusted after the movie with an animal lust...and got shanghied at the last second and was forced to see Maximum Overdrive instead. I've yet to fully recover.

 

6) I regret GIVING AWAY my entire G1 collection at about the age of 14 to my cousin because I thought 'I'm too big to be playing with these toys.' Now, they have been destroyed and/or lost, and I've spent time on what should have been merely filling in gaps in my G1 collection and buying entirely new toys to replacing my original G1 collection.

i regret buying any tf after g1/g2. over the summer i sold my entire post-g1 collection. i relized that the money i spent on these could have gone to better and more important purchases... more g1's. back in the 90's g1's weren't as expensive as they are now. i had the entire car robots line, almost every bw-neo too... i still have black big convoy & black convoy though.

 

here's another... actually seeing both bay movies in the theater. i feel sick just thinking about it.

 

i also regret giving my little brother a c9 sunstreaker as a gift then finding out he sells his collection with telling me. i still remind him he could have sold his collection to me.

  • Author

I hate using smilies, but I will for this post - He sold his collection with a G1 Sunstreaker in it?! :wat That's like throwing away an original Leonardo Da Vinci painting for some poster of a boy band! He's pretty much impossible to find in any kind of good condition!

 

I think I have one other regret, seeing the Bay movies as well. I mean the CGI is great, beautiful even, but the rest of the movies are...well...to put it kindly terrible. I thought the movies were about the Transformers, not about a teenage male who's got a mother who seems to be on a permanant high while the kid himself can't keep his off the usual Hollywood eye candy long enough to say anything with even the slightest hint of thought.

And then there's Wheelie and the Twins as well as that Decepticon 'Pretender', if I could turn back time I would turn it back so that I would avoid watching those movies. And of course the terrible dialogue for the human characters, horrible. If that's the best example of how to do movies these days then I worry for the future of that form of media.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.