Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Animated Rodimus Minor

Recommended Posts

Today I picked up the TRU Exclusive Rodimus Minor and thought I'd give it a quick review, so here we go.

 

rodimus001.jpg

 

Rodimus Minor comes in the standard Animated Deluxe package, the character picture on the front is pretty dynamic focusing on the double arrow bow.

The picture on the back is a bit blurred(they must have been using my camera). The bio and Galactic Abilities read as such read as such,

 

Bio

RODIMUS MINOR is one of the most promising young robots ever to graduate from the Academy. His trainers were so impressed with him that he was given command of a small unit right after graduation. During the short time he has commanded his troops, he has molded them into a tight-knit force to be reckoned with. Everyone expects him to one day rise to the rank of Magnus, and command AUTOBOT forces across the galaxy.

 

Galactic Abilities

* Called "chosen one" by his teachers and peers.

* Youngest ever honored with the Valor's Flame.

* Designed his energy bow himself.

 

So lets start with alt mode.

rodimus002.jpg

 

 

Two things that struck me right off the bat is that you can see the robot head clearly through the windshield. You can even go as far to lift the windshield and pop it up a bit very reminicent of the Go-Bots who'd half transform to talk with each other

rodimus020.jpg

 

Amuzing as that is, the second issue isn't as fun. Rodimus does have a case of "Blurr Butt" in alt mode leaving a very unsightly open space.

rodimus021.jpg

 

I have to say it is very nice and fits in perfectly with the idea of what Hot Rod should look like.

rodimus028.jpg

 

A very nice highlight is that robot feet notch cleanly into the front bumper. Thats all I'm getting into about the transformation as I tend to skip part of most reviews.

 

So lets get right to the robot

rodimus030.jpg

 

I'm gonna begin with the pros.

The figure is not as disproportionate as most pics have made hime out to be.

There is no shortage of articulation.

Everything is set on a combination of balljoints, swivels, and hinges.

Near everything is multijointed making for great posability.

He's also terrificly balanced, and has no issues holding his weapon.

Another possitive is the light piped eyes. Similar to animated Swindle, they do have tinted pupils. The windshield on his back only adds to the effect. It's pretty awesome.

 

Now the cons.

The balljoints are fairly loose. The legs have a tendancy to spread out on their own while posing.

The arms have jumped off the balljoints a couple times already, and the bulkyness of the chest and shoulders can limit posing, but only minorly.

The spoiler on the back is also fairly loose.

 

Otherwise, he is pretty good. It's impressive how that small car becomes such a large robot.

rodimus055.jpg

 

Now, just to be clear, yes he can do the one thing you want a Hot Rod/Rodimus to do...

rodimus047.jpg

...COME ON, WE ALL KNOW THE LINE...

rodimus040.jpg

 

Definetly a nice note for Animated to go out on.

 

-and yes I know Excellion doesn't belong there but the homage earns him the spot.

  • Replies 25
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool group picture... But where is Alternator Rodimus?...

  • Author

:shrug I was content with Mirage

Sweet! Thanks for the quick review! On Tformers.com!

  • Author

:thumb

Good review Liege, but if I was rich I'd buy you a camera.

 

Oh wait, is this thing out already?!

Nice Liege! Looking forward to opening mine tonight! Elite Hunting paid off for me today!

If I see a gap like that in the rear of a bot, I just see it as a BIG jet turbine for super speed boosts..

  • Author

OK, my camera was bought for outdoor field work. It cost a whole bunch, and rocks on everything but figures :doh

 

Believe me, those pics are the best out of 60 that I had to take(everything looked like the face on mars).

 

It wasn't untill this morning that I realized my camera phone would have been much better to use. Live & Learn, but I tried.

 

I'm not offended mind you, just explaining

I'm so excited I got mine today out of Monroe, La I got two Rodimus and one Ironhide!!!! My TRU is store 7022 we got plenty left cause I only got 3 the item number is 439128 happy hunting TFormers fan!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.