Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colorado Sightings

Recommended Posts

  • Author

I've seen him sitting on a peg, along with E-Scorpy and Predaking, at the Quebec Square Wal Mart. That Grimlock is the one Grimlock that I don't want......

 

0 for 22.

  • Replies 534
  • Views 47.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

0 for 25.

 

And I can report that the I-70/Tower Rd. SWM is useless for Classics - not a single one, not even peghooks for them.

  • Author

0 for 28 now.

 

Went to the Aurora TRU, and there was two cases of obviously new Voyager class figures, with one missing. If it was what I thought it was.........

 

But they did have an abundance of Legends Of Cybertron figures......

  • Author

FIN-FREAKING-ALLY!

 

I'm now up to 0 for 43 for Grimlock & Mirage.

 

BUT I'M 1 FOR 43 FOR JETFIRE!!!!!!!

 

Yes - I'm serious, I went to 15 different stores last night and this morning. Hit all the southern stores, going as far as the Parker SWM and SuperTarget. After finding bupkus there, I was heading home on Parker Rd, swearing never to go out of my way for a transformer again.

 

But then I remembered the Gartrell Rd. SuperTarget, and nothing there. Then I remembered the E-470/Smoky Hill Rd. Wally World......

 

Went in there, they have 5 Optimus Primes on the shelf. I look above, and see a couple of Voyagers on top - 2 Megatrons. Cursing my luck, I look up at the bottom of that shelf, and notice the tip of one more Voyager hanging off the back.

 

With the words "Autobot Air Guardian" on it........It was him! Finally!

 

I've opened him up but not transformed him - Damn, I love the solidity of him, and the G1 backpack.

 

EDIT - This is, without question, the best non-G1 transformer ever made. Period. He is my 3rd favorite of all time, behind G1 Jetfire and G1 Grimlock.

Well, I went X-mas shopping tonight, and stopped in at three Walmarts and 2 Targets...

 

And got rewarded with Classics Grimlock and Mirage for my efforts! :D

 

The Mirage was found at the Super Target off of I-70 and Kipling. There were also 2 more at the Walmart on South Wadsworth (south of I-285). I found Grimlock (all by himself, no Mirage! :eek ) at the Super Target on South Wadsworth and Belleview. :clap

 

No Jetfire, but I was kind of expecting that. Althought the Super Walmart at Colfax and Wadsworth had TONS of Voyagers, and a clerk was kind enough to look through the overhead to see if there was a Jetfire in there, but no luck. :(

 

I'll post a review of both of them later! :thumb

 

 

Edit: Well, color me impressed with both of them!!! :yay

 

I opened Mirage first, and he's no slouch! He has a way wicked transformation and I love his vehicle mode! I'm not too impressed by the robot mode, but he's still way cool! :thumb

 

Grimlock is even more impressive! Of course his T-rex mode rules all, but his robot mode is equally impressive! This is one beefy bot!!! :bounce

 

I'm also seeing why Grimlock is being short-packed... he's way more complex than Mirage, and is a lot heftier, too!!! Grimlock probably ways almost as much as THREE Mirages!!! :eek2

  • Author

Congrats on the find - I hope you find your Jetfire soon, he is jaw droppingly awesome. I've only found two minor quibbles with him - the arms so obvious in Alt mode, and if you have his jetpack like his G1 pappy, he's a bit back heavy in robot mode - but popping the guns out and pointing them forward fixes that problem.

 

When he is as close as you can get to G1 Jetfire, he comes up to about G1 Jetfire's shoulders - counting the backpack, of course. The top shelf of my display shelves is (left to right) Classics Jetfire, G1 Jetfire (complete, including gun clip), and Titanium Jetfire. It rocks. :)

 

Glad to hear that Mirage is worth the $$ - and I would be a happy man to find Grimlock soon.

 

It's a pity that they won't do a cartoon off of the Classics line........

  • Author

I know - seriously off topic, but I had to talk about what I bought today. :)

 

A Nintendo Wii. :) My store had 24, and our management let me and two other employees get tickets to purchase them. :)

 

I just hooked it up, played about 5 minutes of the golf game on Wii Sports, and I am convinced that this is the best video game system ever made. :)

  • Author

New transformers at my Target! Sadly, not Grimmy or Mirage.....

 

But two new SWTFs - the Darth Vader Jedi Starfighter, which looks badass in person in alt mode, and that repainted Clone Trooper/ARC-170.

 

New packaging, too - I kind of dig it, gives off a bit of an 80s vibe to it. Far more solid than the older stuff.

  • Author

:clap :clap :clap :clap

 

Well, I needed gas today. So I decided to go up to the Quebec Square area......

 

Stopped at the Wal Mart up there. Went to the TF aisle.......saw that they finally had some Classic Deluxes.

 

Underneath a Bumblebee (because the concept of zoning or keeping their stock neat is foreign)......A GRIMLOCK! :) :) :) :) :)

 

So, after having a mild coronary and staring at Grimlock in my hands for 10 seconds, I start feverishly hunting for Mirage.

 

Found two of him behind a Cybertron Optimus Prime! :)

 

I agree that Grimlock is pure awesomeness - I'd put him at #4 on my all time list. I wish his transformation wasn't so odd the first time through, but man......he just screams "ME GRIMLOCK, KING!" I also think he has some of the best light piping on the eyes ever. I would die a happy man if they did Classics of the other 4 Dinobots, and I have to be foolishly hopeful that they will - after all, Grimmy's card says Dinobot COMMANDER.

 

Mirage is pure gold too, save for his "frankenstein" shoulders and Nicole Richie waist. His transformation is kickass, very G1-ish.

 

Having 11 TF Classics on my shelf kicks ass. Here's to hoping you get your Jetfire soon, Zaku. :)

I hope I find Jetfire soon as well, but I am glad you found Grimlock. He is one bad mofo! :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.