ROTF Figures - First Thoughts

Beefkr10z

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leader Optimus Prime: Absolute BEST version of this (movieverse) character. Dont get me wrong, I love my Robovision Voyager, but the ROTF figure is so detailed and so much more accurate to the CGI. The only way he could be improved is a "Premium" paint job... 10 out of 10.

Deluxe Sideways: Excellent deluxe Decepticon. He has so much detail molded into his body and armor. Car mode is sweet. And the crazy amount of ways we can transform his robot mode is awesome! You can pose the doors on the side, back or as wings! Leg gaurds are also multi function. Use them on the inside of the leg, outside, back or as a foot! My only complaint is the super red belly and crotch. There is absolutely no paint on them. I'm glad his waist can swivle, but some black or silver paint would have been nice... Looks like I'll get him with a sharpie soon!

Basic Knockout: Great little figure! Fun and simple transformation. Nice bike mode. Though I align him with the Decepticons. He has a very sinister and bat-like appearance. Even his colrs are more evil. I like the fact we can pop off the leg gaurds and click them onto his back for wings!

Basic Dirtboss: Mine is VERY loose right out of the package. I'll be using a compound for his ball joints. But the figure is decent. Evil looking face, but his head does NOT turn or pivit? Robot mode could use a few more tabs to hold things in place. The arm doors kinda swing about and his head keeps sliding down into his torso... He could also use some articulation on the arms and forks, too. And gold paint? WTF? My least favorite of my ROTF purchases...

Thanks goodness for Leader Prime!

Oh, I also purchased Deluxe Sideswipe. But I have yet to open him. I may return him...

Still waiting for news and pics of Human Alliance Sideswipe to make a final decision.

Plus I am definately buying Deluxe Swerve this Sept/ Oct...

I'm done for the first wave. Ready for Human Alliance Bumblebee...

Ed

Diggin Sideswipe for the most part.. not a fan of his wheelie feet.. hard to make him stand.. other than that holy crap. :thumb *bets are he's gonna fight Sideways.. I wonder if they're related...

Ransack is wonderful in both modes, if not somewhat simple.. biggest draw back is his fragility. Parts are always popping off. I guess thats somewhat accurate being an old Biplane and all.. Possible Powerglide repaint down the line? :schin

Got Sideswipe and Dead End/Detour.

Sideswipe is full of win. I love how much stuff he has going on without it interfering. There's the kneejoint with the pistons, the fake hip joint, the wheelfeet, the blades, the exhaustpipes, the broad awesome chest, and yeah, just everything. I'd love some more details on his face, but /shrug, can't have it all :P

Detour is a decent scout, bit tricky to align n stuff when getting back into altmode, but still decent. Botmode is nice, nice chest and head, and feet for that matter.

Both, when done right, have freerolling wheels, which is a plus on any car bot imo :o

Only ones I have so far are Soundwave and Deadend.

Deadend- kind of dissapointed. He's got a nice bot mode, but mine is QC ridden and for the love of me won't stay in vehicle mode. Everything seems to be aligned so not sure what the problem is. He already has stress marks on the rear panels, so he's not going to be in disguise all that much.

Soundwave- Is just awesome. Very detailed, especially the face, man I love that head sculpt it just screams Soundwave. His official alt modes suck, but there are a plethora of fan modes for this guy that it really doesn't matter.

I have Knock Out and Ransack. One is a great motorcycle Transformer and the other is a great bi-plane that puts Leader class Jetfire to shame.

I hope we one day get a Universe Wreck Gar that is just as nice as Knock Out, but in the Deluxe class.

I also got Superion. Wow, it's just as bad as I thought it would, but the limb set from FansProject will make it all better.

I tried Leader Optimus Prime, but I felt wrong having it. It really is not worth the cost, especially with those flip-out swords that are in the way. Also, the gray plastic makes me sad.

^ Someone who doesn't like Leader Prime? BLASPHEMY.

He's a big "MEH" to me. The neck articulation is limited because of the electronics gimmick. The giant swords really do get in the way. This time he has no cab seats because of the Mech Alive gimmick. And, like I said, the use of that gray plastic really makes him look cheap.

Archived