Toy Fair 2009 - First Look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Action Figures

MISP Steve

The brown jet guy looks pretty cool. I know it's a little soon, but I'd like to (maybe) see this mold reused again.

all 6 seekers in one line would be nice

2x 3-packs: starscream/thundercracker/skywarp & thrust/ramjet/dirge for £30 (or $30) each would rock my socks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB looks great to me. Especially the chest area. Hasbro FINALLY made it look just like it does in the movie instead of stupidly having it face straight down into his hips like every previous toy he had.

I'm still sold on it

Hi! New here. (dah!)

Am I the only one not only unimpressed but actually disapointed with the ROTF toyline so far...? I mean I got into figure collecting after seeing the fisrt movie and own almost every figures from the movie line down to almost every non-movie characters (I'll admit some I regret buying lol). I was really excited with the new movie coming but when I started seeing the pictures coming out I was like... is that it? The figures so far and my impressions...

-Devastator: Big fail for me. Color sheme is horribad, the legs look too scrawny and short, and the constructicons can't transform in robot form. As for the ones that can transform... Rampage, how the hell does he even stand... He has no feet. I guess it relies on the backpack kibbles to make him stand right, but I *hate* that. And Demolishor has the same problem, he can't stand by himself unless u lean him agaisnt something.

-Sideswipe: WIN. This one is an absolute must get. My only apprehension is his feet which seems to make him a bit unstable.

-Sideways: Very nice looking, but what's up with the ridiculously tiny feet...? :wtf

-Skids: Meh, will probably get it because of the car mode. I don't really like the deformed head or the car doors on his legs...

-Mudflap: Undecided, really not sure about this one...

-Breakaway: I would love to love this one, but I don't... Why is the head coming out of the middle of the torso?! Ugh!

-Human Alliance Bumblebee: Very nice! Will definitely get.

-Ironhide: I already own Premium Ironhide and I'm sticking with it. The grey is just too bland and overall it doesn't warrant another purchase.

-Prime: I don't have a Prime yet, but I will eventually be getting the Takara Premium Prime which is a million time better than this one.

-Starscream: Believe or not I actually prefer my Deep Space Starcream over this new one even though it doesn't have hands...

-Soundwave: Yay, Soundwave! Love his head. :)

-The Fallen: Will get it but I have split opinions of it.

-Ramjet/Skywarp: More repaints of the same mold? How many is there now? 5-6? I'll admit they're very nice repaint though. Might get Skywarp since I have Thundercraker and Starscream, it would complete the trio.

-Whirl w/ Bludgeon: Repaints again... Not interested. Already have Wreckage and Premium Blackout.

Am I missing any? Oh well. Does any know if they will do the same gimmick as with the previous movie and have a Premium line? 'Cause if there is I'll just wait for those.

Hey! Welcome to the boards!

I almost totally agree with your picks on this line...

And I have the same fear. That the Premiums (to eventually be repainted) will look better than the few decent figures I am prepared to buy...

I mean, look at Sideswipe. He is a nice new mold. But I'm focused on the paint applications, now. Look at his head. It almost looks unfinished. I love the silver paint on all the car peices. But the robot mode could use alittle more paint. What do you guys think?

Archived