Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Transformers

Share your love for the toys that came before, yes before, Transformers. Post about Bandai, Diaclone, Diakron, Joustra, Kronoform, Micro Change, Mark, Mugen, Takatoku, Toy Box, ToyCo and Related figures here.

  1. Started by Bobby Lemain,

    Well, I was thinking of making a KO American version of the Microman UNCLE box and I was wondering if anyone had any high-res scans of it. No, this isn't going on ebay, I recently bought one of those code007 megatron KOs and since I don't want to spend $250 on a box containing a (real version of a) toy I already have, I decided to try making my own box to replace the shoddy box the KO came in. I was originally going to make a box from pics of the normal megatron, but when I found out about the Microman release, my jaw dropped and I decided to go for that (plus since there is no window on it I don't have to fork out an extra $10 to buy a pack of transparencies). Help w…

  2. Started by Solscud007,

    Picked this case fresh Jeep from Bot Con. Here is a teaser of what i got to play with, thanks to a friend.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. A few months ago I picked up what appeared to be an excellent condition, mostly complete Diaclone Starscream at a flea market. The woman there didn't seem to know much about Diaclones, and said she bought it at an estate sale. Anyway, I grabbed him (for $18) and then did a little research online after the fact. What's killing me is that all signs point to it being the real thing, BUT...there is no date stamp on him anywhere. I've posted some pics below... can anyone shed some light? Is he the real deal or not? Any help would be most appreciated.

  4. I have a Diaclone Scavenger and Bonecrusher 100% complete and MIB. I'm looking for a Diaclone Devastator MIB. If anyone is interested in buying my Diaclone Constructicons or is willing to part with their Diaclone Devastator do email me at asiri.indika@gmail.com

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Started by SentinelPrime878,

    Here's a very rare and very uniquely different type of pre-transformer gun/robot figure made by a company called Bandai in 1983. It's designed to look like a S&W 469 9mm handgun. It is very cool looking in gun mode, but a little clunky-looking in robot mode. It has three cool features to it: 1) It comes with a magazine bullet clip. You load the play bullets in the clip and then it clips into the bottom of the gun. 2) Then when you pull back the sliding bolt action at the top of the gun, it ejects the bullets like a real gun ejects the empty shell casings when fired. The bullets will not fire on thru the chamber and out thru the barrel as the robot's head…

  6. Ok so when I was in HK last week I found this. I knew I would be hard pressed to try and find this in the states. But I cant remember where I have seen this before. I dont think it is an actual transformer. However at a Toyshow/vendor fair in HK there was a display of the exact same toy as mine but this one was by GIGI, the famous italian distributor of Takara Diaclones. Here is a picture of the one on display by GIGI. No these toys were NOT for sale. Here is mine. the box and the toy say the maufacturer is a company called Sunmayor Ohkawa.

    • 9 replies
    • 4.3k views
  7. Started by Backfire,

    Ok, I'm rather annoyed that they remade the black Ironhide now, and a Green Ratchet? That's just weird! I just purchased a Red Mirage KO/Remake, should be here soon, so pulled up my old list of G1 car variants. Nothing so teadious as different boxes and runs, talking major differences. Any newer ones I might have missed? The KO Red Mirage, clear KO Mirage and Clear/Black KO Mirage. Green Ratchet - Rescue Green Inferno - Hauler Desert Hound - What's his name, who cares, I call him Fred, the deserter. Then the Diaclone remakes Tiger Tracks Deep Cover Clamp Down Road Rage Cross Cut Not to forget the Mexican Variants Reversed colored Prow…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.8k views
  8. Started by convoymagnus,

    Don't know if this is the correct forum for this.... Does anyone has an extra Marlboor wheeljack conversion kit from transrepro that never got to use? if so, and you are interested in selling it or borrow it to be copied and reproduced please contact me!

  9. Started by Backfire,

    In the quest for completing my collection, I came across a couple either real or very well done knock off Pre TF Whirls. One of the interesting things about this thing is that he came with a driver. Solid plastic, mono colored driver. For some time I argued with someone on the net saying that it was a guy...figured it to be a really feminine looking guy, till I came across some card scans from the rare cartoon series. Whirl, was driven by a woman. Probably the first female toy associated with any Transformer actually. Perhaps Whirl is her twin brother or sister? Here are some scans of the toy and the artwork I found years ago. The reversed…

    • 11 replies
    • 6.1k views
  10. Started by Backfire,

    Someone wanted some proof I had what I claimed to have... So here's my GRB and some other things thrown in for fun...My custom, my custom GRB, and something that came in the mail today...Still one of the coolest cities to own. Have more pieces but they are in storage. Mine is not complete, the belts broke long ago, and I am missing a foot car, the little jet and the missiles. One of the stickers for his radar was lost so I made one, who knows maybe I'll make a new one with photo paper/printer.

  11. Started by autobotmaintenance,

    Last year I picked up a junk black-hooded Bluestreak, looked for an early pre-rub grey one, and eventually found it shortly before Christmas. Then I could use its windshield, doors, glasses and tyres! Then I sold my Anime Bluestreak :) And here it is! Any idea on how to unstick the black sticker of the original one without tearing it? And which paint would best imitate the original?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. What would you steal or want to pilot if you could grab a Diaclone vehicle. I'd go for Tracks, it' a Chevy, it flies, and has rockets...

  13. Started by DoubleClouder,

    Anyone have any links with good pics of the second release recolor trainbots. I recently aquired a recolor of Getsui in red(instead of blue), and realized the only pics I ever see are catalog pics. I'll make a gallery of the recolor soon. Also if anyone know where to get the other recolors, your help would be greatly appreciated.

  14. Started by Backfire,

    I think the first actuall Pre Transformer experience I can remember was the KO MicroChange Cassette man and the tapes. Bad story. Was at a bowling alley with my Mom, and a classmate and his Mom. Was about 12 maybe. Some guy came in off the street and had these new "Transformer" things. Only the boxes said Mircoman or something. They were in English and looked good. I remember I was going to get Rumble, the blue tape guy, looked so cool! But the classmate, I'll call him arse hole, asked to see it, so I handed it to him and he got his Mom to buy it for him. Turns out it was one of the bootlegs with the reversed color chest, light blue instead of navy so I…

  15. Started by Backfire,

    In my diaclone research, I came across the 5th Deluxe insecticon and even 6th (unmade) characters/toys, and there was much rejoycing. Thought just occurred to me, what if there was more Dinobots from G1. What would it be? A pleseosaur? One of those little armored guys with the spikey tail... I might do a little sketch work, who knows maybe I'll make one. What would anyone else think?

  16. Started by convoymagnus,

    Ever since I knew about the existence of this kit i have loved it but i never really expected to have an original kit because of two main points: 1- Be finacially able to buy one and 2- Be lucky enough to find one. So, my hope was just enjoying this toys in pictures of sites like Diaclone.net, but somehow, when Takara reissued the ultra magnus movie colors special, my destiny to complete this toy was just set :clap . First I acquired this Powered convoy reissue in 2002(two sets to be exact), and then the Red Mirage KO (I have to say that calling this a KO is unfair, his quality is better than those hasbro commemorative reissues) in 2006, and finally on Dec 3…

  17. Started by SentinelPrime878,

    Here's pics of two of my favorite pre-Diaclone guns--Robo .44 Magnum and the .357 Robo Highway Patrolman revolver:

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  18. Hello guys, I've thought about creating an online petition to send to Takara/Ehobby asking for a reissue of Diaclone Bluestreak, aka Blue Bluestreak. Would you be interested in such a reissue? I would, as I like Diaclone varants and don't want to battle on ebay to get a loose one for $300 or a boxed one for $700.

  19. Started by convoymagnus,

    does anyone know what happened? this guy used to have a very large display of Diaclone Catalog scans! but now it is just GONE! did I miss something?, new address? if someone knows please give me a light.

  20. Started by Tokyo Bro,

    I'm off to Japan soon, and I wanted some help from any members that know good shops for pre-tf's. I'm mainly interested in Mint boxed toys from Takara's Microman Micro Change line (but other vintage goodies are great, too). I have a pretty extensive list of good shops to check out but any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm visiting Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, and Tokyo. Directions are also a big help (most things I've found online have names but not how to get there. Store front photos are a big help, too! I'll take some pics of the goodies I find. Thanks in advance.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.